Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that the view under Kenwright?

Net spend is the only practical measure of owner intent where squad affairs matter.

Is it though Dave?

If we sell McCarthy (hypothetically, for £15mil), then we'll have brought in £65mil this summer from two sales alone.

All of that will have been re-invested back into the squad, plus some extra - making the squad better overall.

I agree. But the only thing I'd say hear is that if the 'leaked' story is true its a major step forward on that aspect. And, whilst I'm a bit disappointed so far (on signings) I think Moshiri's main aim is the stadium. Its key for us. If he doesn't deliver on that its a massive let down (again).
If we look at the early Kenwright regime statement of intent we'll find that a stadium scheme also was the overriding objective.

It goes without saying that it is for us, but there surely needs to be more investment into this squad than we've seen so far...and hard luck stories about players 'almost over the line' and greedy agents just wont cut it I'm afraid.

Is it though Dave?

If we sell McCarthy (hypothetically, for £15mil), then we'll have brought in £65mil this summer from two sales alone.

All of that will have been re-invested back into the squad, plus some extra - making the squad better overall.
And how is that any different than life under Kenwright?

And how is that any different than life under Kenwright?

Because during life under Kenwright £45mil of that £60mil would disappear on 'other operating costs'

But, my general point is we'll only sell if we get the right price and the player doesn't want to be here/is deemed surplus.

I'm of the opinion Koeman would gladly keep Macca - and it depends on whether the player wants to push through a move (I hold no grudges either way)

Oh look...

[BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MONEY LAAAAAA]

So they should take that money and spend it on our plan B.

Not simply go "Sorry lads we tried but that's how the cookie crumbles".

I think we were in for Witsel and then Carvalho and then we bought Gueye just in case you are wondering. That's one transfer. What about the rest of the money?

So they should take that money and spend it on our plan B.

Not simply go "Sorry lads we tried but that's how the cookie crumbles".

I think we were in for Witsel and then Carvalho and then we bought Gueye just in case you are wondering. That's one transfer. What about the rest of the money?

Eh?

Witsel is nothing like Gueye, neither is Carvalho.

Gueye was always gonna come in (or a player in that mould) as Koeman wants to play that way.

Think it's clear that we prioritised other areas once we had bolstered the midfield with Gueye - that's not to say we won't look to add our 'plan B' before the window closes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back