Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's embarrassing, plain an simple as of ow we've failed massively in the transfer window.

Stop with the excuses, we've been lied to again.

Not quite sure how we've 'failed massively', we've had a new 'keeper who hasn't put a glove wrong in four games, a central defender who already has made the defence look so much more solid and organised, a midfielder who has been man of the match, or at the very least a contender for the award, in all four games and an exciting winger.

We've funded all four deals so far by selling one player who many claim 'can't defend' and certainly hasn't been missed on the field, regardless of how good he might go on to be.

The results to date, two wins and a draw (three points and six goals better off on last year's corresponding fixtures), leaving us fourth in the early league standings, together with a comfortable 4-0 win in the League Cup, suggest the problem areas have been addressed with around 36 hours of the transfer window to go. This without putting the club at risk with daft 'marquee' signings simply to appease the fans.

Failing massively would be spending a shed load on players that don't fit in and don't live up to the expectation. That, based on early indications, has not happened.

It's not just about spending loads of money that determines if the window has been a 'massive failure', it is more how you spend and how those players perform. So far, in that regard (in terms of results), we can have no complaints.

We still have today and tomorrow to further strengthen, let's see what happens in the coming hours before stamping our feet like spoilt children who are crying because we haven't done a Man City.

Even if our business is complete with what we have (I'd be very surprised if it is), let's see what our results are over the coming weeks before being so cocksure that everything is going to end in failure. It's moaning for moaning's sake.

to be fair, this net spend argument is basically worthless unless it promotes a sell to buy model and lack of investment, ala liverpool these days.

If we spent 100 million but actually made 65 incoming off two players then i call that successful business. If we sign the type of players we want in the process and managed to cut spending down then that is a good thing. I mean to have some boss net spend in the eyes of the short minded we would have to sign loads more players, who would not play then. But right now we brought in (i doubt it, but i haven't a clue) 4 new players by midnight tomorrow. We spend 18 on kone, 30 on an attacker, 2 million on the dutch right back and loan hart or begovic. net spend 50 million or just under. Is the team better? Yes. Is the squad better? Yes. Did we spend a stupid net spend? No.

But your still arriving at a £50M net spend there to make that successful window work. It's inescapable: you have to spend these days or stand still.

So now it's squad balancing....hahahahahahahahahaha so this is today's excuse. Seen it loads this morning. Thought we'd sold Stones so we cod bring a few top players on on £100k plus...but that was wrong to as now we need to "Balance the squad"

Have you heard yourselves....honestly. It's embarrassing, plain an simple as of ow we've failed massively in the transfer window.

Stop with the excuses, we've been lied to again.

Sometimes realism and common sense is missed by even the smartest of people. Its always overlooked by the goons who live life moaning and making up fantasy to suit their negative agenda.

What you're really quoting there regards the selling of Stones to release wage shackles for top players was simply the opinion of one poster on here...not the Club or its major shareholder. But hey, if it helps feed your angst and keep you boiling for another day....

to be fair, this net spend argument is basically worthless unless it promotes a sell to buy model and lack of investment, ala liverpool these days.

If we spent 100 million but actually made 65 incoming off two players then i call that successful business. If we sign the type of players we want in the process and managed to cut spending down then that is a good thing. I mean to have some boss net spend in the eyes of the short minded we would have to sign loads more players, who would not play then. But right now we brought in (i doubt it, but i haven't a clue) 4 new players by midnight tomorrow. We spend 18 on kone, 30 on an attacker, 2 million on the dutch right back and loan hart or begovic. net spend 50 million or just under. Is the team better? Yes. Is the squad better? Yes. Did we spend a stupid net spend? No.
The reason why it's important is because it shows the owner is doing his job and investing in the club. Given it's Moshiri's first window is it any surprise it's an even bigger issue than normal.

Not quite sure how we've 'failed massively', we've had a new 'keeper who hasn't put a glove wrong in four games, a central defender who already has made the defence look so much more solid and organised, a midfielder who has been man of the match, or at the very least a contender for the award, in all four games and an exciting winger.

We've funded all four deals so far by selling one player who many claim 'can't defend' and certainly hasn't been missed on the field, regardless of how good he might go on to be.

The results to date, two wins and a draw (three points and six goals better off on last year's corresponding fixtures), leaving us fourth in the early league standings, together with a comfortable 4-0 win in the League Cup, suggest the problem areas have been addressed with around 36 hours of the transfer window to go. This without putting the club at risk with daft 'marquee' signings simply to appease the fans.

Failing massively would be spending a shed load on players that don't fit in and don't live up to the expectation. That, based on early indications, has not happened.

It's not just about spending loads of money that determines if the window has been a 'massive failure', it is more how you spend and how those players perform. So far, in that regard (in terms of results), we can have no complaints.

We still have today and tomorrow to further strengthen, let's see what happens in the coming hours before stamping our feet like spoilt children who are crying because we haven't done a Man City.

Even if our business is complete with what we have (I'd be very surprised if it is), let's see what our results are over the coming weeks before being so cocksure that everything is going to end in failure. It's moaning for moaning's sake.

Exactly this.

SO FAR - our business has been very impressive - irregardless of spend.

We've sold Stones who wanted to leave and brought in four players who improve the squad in key areas (2 were signed before Stones left btw).

We're quite clearly looking to add a forward, a goalkeeper and a player in one more position (I'd imagine midfield) before the window shuts.

We've been linked with Carvalho, Sissoko, Witsel and Adrien since we signed Gueye mate.
Only in your head. We were linked to all of them before we signed Gueye apart from maybe Adrien who I doubt we were ever after. If you read about them after Gueye it was just journalists recycling old news stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back