Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't complex though mate: Stones was sold, we were told, so that wages are there for elite players. Yes, so far so good. But where are the elite players promised? They want high wages which are here for them. Moshiri and Koeman, we were told, would be the magnet.

Now if that has to be reassessed and stepped back from by the people making those claims they should clear their throats and do so if that window slams shut without significant improvement to our squad.
Well we certainly haven't delivered on 'elite' signings so far, there can be no arguments there (hours left now - so barring drastic action its not happening). I'd be surprised if anything more than the usual spin is put on it. As in- "we made the bids, offered the wages, but they didn't want to come". Witsel could be a good example of that.
Like I said, I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of so called elite signings so far. At this rate, one would do. We've used the Stones money quite well (Bolasie splits opinion) but the others are solid I'd say. But in truth we haven't spend big as yet, given we got around £40m clear out of the Stones deal.

But your still arriving at a £50M net spend there to make that successful window work. It's inescapable: you have to spend these days or stand still.
The vast majority of players that would move this club up a level want European football, we have finished bottom half two years on the bounce, it's a big problem if you want to attract top players.

Under Moyes we were a team consistently finishing in and around top 6, to Martinez who has really done a number on us, and the struggle to get top European players to join is directly linked to where we have finished the last two seasons.

It is absolute fact Witzel has turned down a very good offer, and the same for Koulibaly who we out bid Chelsea for.

Twist it onto Koeman and Moshiri all you want Dave, but other than holding a gun to players heads with a pen in their hand I don't know what more can be done, Koeman has already said it's going to take 2 seasons to repair the damage done by that fraud Martinez, he bought sh!te in on the whole and played sh!te with them, and successfully devalued our standing in this league in the process.

Finch Farm, Goodison, the management staff (over £10mil spent in this area with Walsh as well).

Serious (and they are serious) developments on the stadium front.

What Moshiri's investment has allowed us to do is not rely on player sales to pay off debt, pay for development of the stadium etc.

It has freed up that money to be entirely and wholly re-invested (as it should be), and I'm confident we'll end this window having spent more than we've brought in as well - we already have so far.

Stones - £40mil (we have paid off Barnsley's sell-on of £7.5m)

IN
Williams - £10mil (conservative)
Gueye and Stek - £8mil approx.
Bolasie - £25mil

So, £3mil positive so far. Not loads and I'm sure we all wanted more in by now but that doesn't change the fact that the business we have done has been impressive, and the squad look miles better and fitter overall.

It also doesn't change that just like every other club bar City and Utd we'll still be working on deals.
There's no proof Moshiri has invested a penny yet. He's paid off the debt but that's a debt that may or may not now be owed to him.

As I said if he moves forward with the stadium I will be happy but I could just do with out all the hype. It's better to under promise and over deliver rather than the other way around.

We have got an extra 35m from the TV so right now if you exclude the debt even with those other costs there's about 20m left and surprise surprise that seems about exactly the kind of figure we are still looking to spend.

I still do not get the 'Elite' signing status of Witsel.

Whenever I have seen him he has always been bang average. I am sure our interest was to compliment Barkley and Carvalho/Gueye (who looks a fabulous player), but I would see him as the weaker of the 3 mids in that group.

Not that it matters as the big posing biff turned down our offer.

It isn't complex though mate: Stones was sold, we were told, so that wages are there for elite players. Yes, so far so good. But where are the elite players promised? They want high wages which are here for them. Moshiri and Koeman, we were told, would be the magnet.

Now if that has to be reassessed and stepped back from by the people making those claims they should clear their throats and do so if that window slams shut without significant improvement to our squad.
You don't half waffle some wham mate. You're an irrepressible keyboard warrior, I'll grant you that.
Anyway, getting back to matters most important to you: what's happening with the Belgium squad?. How's Roberto going?

I still do not get the 'Elite' signing status of Witsel.

Whenever I have seen him he has always been bang average. I am sure our interest was to compliment Barkley and Carvalho/Gueye (who looks a fabulous player), but I would see him as the weaker of the 3 mids in that group.

Not that it matters as the big posing biff turned down our offer.
I know. I'm actually glad we didn't get him.

Gutted about Carvalho but very happy with Gueye.

I wouldn't be overly disappointed if we didn't sign anyone else this window.. IMO the intention has been there from the club and early signs are recruitment has been spot on...

We could have easily spent that magic 100m and ended up with 4 worse signings than Stek, Williams, Gueye, and Bolasie.

It would be nice to add some depth. I think we have enough at the moment to rest 4/5 players in the cup and still have a decent side but a few injuries on top could hurt us massively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back