Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are in for him today.

I can kind of see it happening.

We're not classed as a rival to Arsenal this year (based on how we did last year) Arsenal won't let him go to another title or champions league contender, he'd get game time here (if Koeman rates him), Moshiri no doubt still has contacts at Arsenal, and Wilshere himself will be able to stay in the UK as I couldn't see him going to Europe..

The only other team I can see him going to is West Ham. New Stadium, London, minimum disruption, gets to play.

Putting the money up is the main thing, giving the manager financial maneuverability is important as well. the owner comes into his own when the manager can sign who they want for whatever the fee is (within reason) and can then match the wage demands of the player.

Considering how many financial obligations he has here, are you really expecting Moshiri to go out and spend 100 million of his own money? Name one person without that much disposable income who has ever done that?
I was shocked at the stories at the start of the season and didn't believe them. There's no way he was going to spend a 10th of his wealth on a few players just to get us into the Europa League. It made absolutely no sense.

What I expect him to do is build a stadium and be able to secure capital from cheaper sources to do so.

The differences is people had fully boarded the hype train and people were banned for expressing that view. All very odd. Where season tickets really that important?

I can kind of see it happening.

We're not classed as a rival to Arsenal this year (based on how we did last year) Arsenal won't let him go to another title or champions league contender, he'd get game time here (if Koeman rates him), Moshiri no doubt still has contacts at Arsenal, and Wilshere himself will be able to stay in the UK as I couldn't see him going to Europe..

The only other team I can see him going to is West Ham. New Stadium, London, minimum disruption, gets to play.

Wilshire? No way and if he comes id flip the little urchin. He offers us nothing exept his horrible attitude and a Cuban huge huge huge swerve.

It's perfectly clear (to use your favourite phrase) that if we now went out and spent £75m on Brett angell, Geoff Nulty and dean windass you'd be happy because then we'd have spent money.

Moronic.
I would be happy with Moshiri but I would be calling for Walsh's head on a plate.

Why can't you separate the two?

We've recycled everything that came in of late. That was before Moshiri got here. In fact there was a net spend run up in the last couple of seasons.

We hava a billionaire in charge. Why, with squad space available and wages not a problem with the Stones sale, are we not seeing players in?

£3M negative net spend with just over a day to go in this window. I'm calling that an outrage right now.
I really cannot understand the fascination behind what our net spend is, I judge a transfer window off how the players that come in perform on matchday. I just want to see to see good players come into the club and the squad looking complete and in a damn good spot come the closure of the transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back