Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who better to understand the deep lying playmaker than Koeman himself? If it's doable we should do it. He's a bit of a pain, but he's not Joey Barton levels of pain.
A fully fit Wilshere(if that is possible) in our midfield, or a comparable player, would really make us a very potent team.

I don't think we need a lot of players, but, we do need some very good ones.
We need to sign a good striker.
We need to sign a good creative midfielder.

Apart from that ,we have a strong and talented squad.

Goals..pleasantly surprised with Stekelenburg and Robles is adequate cover.
Full backs, Baines Coleman, Oviedo and Holgate, with Pennington and Browning as cover when they return from injury.
Centrebacks, Jagielka, Williams, Mori and again Holgate, Pennington and Browning

Wingers, Deulofeu, Lennon, Bolasie and Mirallas,

Central midfield, Barry,Davies,Gueye,McCarthy, Barkley

Creative midfielder, none

Striker, Lukaku, Kone(not of the required class).

If we fill those two areas I think we have done well.

Brahimi was released from the selection of Algeria to " sign for his new club ".

Galatasaray is the most likely destination for the player , said the Algerian press.

I'd be happy with us loaning Wilshire, I think our midfield would be much stronger as a result. A loan limits the risk with injury as well.

Jack-Wilshere-Smoking-Main.jpg

;)

Was listening to a well informed Gooner earlier. He reckons his problem, (ankle wise) is that the way he dribbles, with the ball slightly in front of him all the time, sort of poked forward rather than under close control, gives oppo players the chance to nick the ball, but cos he catches up with it so quickly, his ankle, not the ball, gets the boot.

If that makes sense. Did when he said it, doubt that did mind.
Hadn't noticed that. But I think anyone who likes to carry the ball great distances (which Wenger encourages at Arsenal) leaves themselves open to more challenges and therefore more injury.

Here we have Barkley to do that. He's a great distributor of the ball, Wilshere. Just what we need. Maybe restricting him to that in an Everton shirt would cut down on the chances of injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back