Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghezzel
Perez
Witsel

they are deffo 3 we have missed out on as in they've turned us down. I think Napolis president confirmed we made an offer for Khoulibaly as well.

Kone we've deffo put a bid in but had no joy dealing with Moyes

who knows if we have any others lined up, let's hope 1 or 2 quality additions come up tomorrow.

I'll tell you what's not right and here's the blunt reality. Despite having a brilliant business man as a new major shareholder, despite having a globally recognised manager, despite having "the most influential man in the PL" in our DoF, the cold, hard facts are that we are not as attractive a club as we the fans think we are - yet.

After 25 years of stagnation and relative deterioration we've a huge amount of catch up to do. Despite the promises of our new management team, and the prospects for our future, until we achieve things on the pitch and off it we won't attract the very highest level of players because in footballing terms (which ultimately is what players are interested in) we're also rans - a great club with a great history, but not currently at the highest levels of the game.

We thought, I thought, we could sell a good enough pitch to make some of the very best want to come to us, be part of the project, but the sad truth is that a professional footballer's career is short, and they will only deal in the now, not the future.

I've no doubt we'll make it back to the highest levels, but I'm a fan and can wait, a professional footballer has options and can have jam today, not just tomorrow.

This, although I can have jam today too.

This time tomorrow night this thread will be a love fest.

We will be talking about the surprise we've got that no one had ever mentioned, and a few others we know about.

We'll be talking about the possibility of Europe for next season.

Everton are back to being shrewd, no longer are we easy meat for the vultures

Everton are back, Everton are boss

Ghezzel
Perez
Witsel

they are deffo 3 we have missed out on as in they've turned us down. I think Napolis president confirmed we made an offer for Khoulibaly as well.

Kone we've deffo put a bid in but had no joy dealing with Moyes

who knows if we have any others lined up, let's hope 1 or 2 quality additions come up tomorrow.

Fair enough. Quality players who didn't want to join us. I doubt wages were the determining factor.

As said many times, only Perez and now Wistel - out of the players that 'turned us down' have actually moved/are about to move to different clubs (Arsenal and Juve, so again to be expected they'd pick them over us)

I'll tell you what's not right and here's the blunt reality. Despite having a brilliant business man as a new major shareholder, despite having a globally recognised manager, despite having "the most influential man in the PL" in our DoF, the cold, hard facts are that we are not as attractive a club as we the fans think we are - yet.

After 25 years of stagnation and relative deterioration we've a huge amount of catch up to do. Despite the promises of our new management team, and the prospects for our future, until we achieve things on the pitch and off it we won't attract the very highest level of players because in footballing terms (which ultimately is what players are interested in) we're also rans - a great club with a great history, but not currently at the highest levels of the game.

We thought, I thought, we could sell a good enough pitch to make some of the very best want to come to us, be part of the project, but the sad truth is that a professional footballer's career is short, and they will only deal in the now, not the future.

I've no doubt we'll make it back to the highest levels, but I'm a fan and can wait, a professional footballer has options and can have jam today, not just tomorrow.
This thread is pure imagination.. Not reality!!!

I think it's fairly clear what happened with mata

Mourinho did not decide to immediately bench him into oblivion. also again we're not in the Europa league, we don't have a global profile on the level of Chelsea, Man U or even Valencia so signing him would've been a bit of a hope and pray exercise anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back