Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
as it stands. I don't think it will be this time tomorrow.

IMO, net spend is irrelevant as well. I'm more bothered about what we have brought in with the money we have spent.

Those actually in the game feel and think the same way in general, btw, by all accounts.

Hmmm, net spend is irrelevant if you are unconcerned with being perceived as a sell to buy club, and are additionally not worried about showing the wider football world that serious investment is going into the team.

Interestingly both things we had been told we where trying to change, so in theory mate net spend doesn't matter if your not trying to move beyond the way the clubs perceived by players, agents and the media.

Cuco Martina will sign tomorrow
omgcw.gif

I just find it hard to fathom how everything has fallen through. Something isn't right.

Witsel is about to sign for Juve, so that explains that.

Mata - who knows what went down there... and we never will btw.

Carvalho by all accounts didn't / doesn't want to join us (due to successive crapness under Bobby)

The players that we 'should' sign and have definitely been in for, we have.

Other than Perez, who of course chose Arsenal, which despite your genuinely delusional claims that they aren't a massive club, is again reasonable.

Why are people hunting down Esk? He's done nothing but pass on what he's heard! I think people have got to the point where they think his personal opinion is from his source.
We don't need another Mole situation

Hmmm, net spend is irrelevant if you are unconcerned with being perceived as a sell to buy club, and are additionally not worried about showing the wider football world that serious investment is going into the team.

Interestingly both things we had been told we where trying to change, so in theory mate net spend doesn't matter if your not trying to move beyond the way the clubs perceived by players, agents and the media.

The best way to do that is by bringing in players that improve the squad, and making sure that if any money is raised by player (world-record) sales, it is ALL invested back into the squad.

Not spaffing money left right and centre.

And I still think we'll have spent a sizeable amount by this time tomorrow

(and I'm going off the opinions of respected people in the game mate who say that net spend doesn't factor nearly as much as fans assume)

at this point everybody should expect the inquist
Im sorry but saying we placed a bid in for him and its an improvement on recent years is pure poppycock

have you not seen the bids\purchases from clubs such as Crystal Palace, WBA, Stoke, West Ham.

What was a £5m player has become a £15m player over night

A couple of years back, yes bidding £18m unsuccessfully for a player would be exciting.... Now, not so
I don't want to rationalize perceived failure but at least there was ambition at play and an element of realism has to be applied we were a midtable outfit two years straight attempting to recruit a champions league player (even though he played in Russian League), but look at what those clubs you mentioned have acquired out of all their purchases, Ayew was the only one i thought was of significant quality

I just find it hard to fathom how everything has fallen through. Something isn't right.

I'll tell you what's not right and here's the blunt reality. Despite having a brilliant business man as a new major shareholder, despite having a globally recognised manager, despite having "the most influential man in the PL" in our DoF, the cold, hard facts are that we are not as attractive a club as we the fans think we are - yet.

After 25 years of stagnation and relative deterioration we've a huge amount of catch up to do. Despite the promises of our new management team, and the prospects for our future, until we achieve things on the pitch and off it we won't attract the very highest level of players because in footballing terms (which ultimately is what players are interested in) we're also rans - a great club with a great history, but not currently at the highest levels of the game.

We thought, I thought, we could sell a good enough pitch to make some of the very best want to come to us, be part of the project, but the sad truth is that a professional footballer's career is short, and they will only deal in the now, not the future.

I've no doubt we'll make it back to the highest levels, but I'm a fan and can wait, a professional footballer has options and can have jam today, not just tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back