Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
...got ANYTHING good to say about the club mate? At all?

Do you like the hot dogs?
The signings we have made are good, our first 11 is very competitive and I think if we are lucky with injuries we will beat a few big boys this season which doesn't often happen and it looks hopefully like we are moving forward with a stadium on the dock.

Really mate?

All of the names mentioned managers and players we spoke to, had interest in, they had interest in us (Jose for different reasons). We placed bids for each of the players as I've explained on numerous occasions.

The £100 million was not from me, and I certainly wasn't played in telling the site that Martinez was to be sacked, the precise day of his sacking, Lukaku was staying, Stones was to be sold, Koeman was our first choice, we'd have a DoF in place etc etc.

It's not a precise art, and most people understand the concept of caveat audiens, I certainly do with the people I speak to.
My favorite part of the "esk has been duped" narrative is that, if they had done that, it would have been a really terrible plan. Why would they feed you misinformation like that when they know it would infuriate everyone when it doesn't happen? What would they gain?

Plotters: Mr. Moshiri, we've come up with a plan to disappoint our fans in some really new and exciting ways!
Moshiri: Great work guys! But one suggestion, can you include a fake Juan Mata rumor? I know it's probably overkill, but I love pun threads!

Really mate?

All of the names mentioned managers and players we spoke to, had interest in, they had interest in us (Jose for different reasons). We placed bids for each of the players as I've explained on numerous occasions.

The £100 million was not from me, and I certainly wasn't played in telling the site that Martinez was to be sacked, the precise day of his sacking, Lukaku was staying, Stones was to be sold, Koeman was our first choice, we'd have a DoF in place etc etc.

It's not a precise art, and most people understand the concept of caveat audiens, I certainly do with the people I speak to.

I just find it hard to fathom how everything has fallen through. Something isn't right.

funny innit Humble

...and it's only gonna get funnier.

And then hysterical abaarrr this time tomorrow.

Sound.

giphy.gif

Lots of reasons - one being that several targets turned us down. Not because of us not bidding enough, or not offering enough wages, just the player didn't fancy the move. Currently a problem is that most clubs aren't desperate enough to sell their best player unless they can get a decent replacement - which is what's stopping the Gabbiadini and Kone moves for example. If the right players are available and want to come, could we spend £50m or more tomorrow ? Of course we could.
Can we though .. Yes he's minted but not splashed any serious money yet ., I think this is what @Sapie88 was on about weeks ago

You're spitting hairs in order to deflect from the actual point which is that net spend is close to 0.

as it stands. I don't think it will be this time tomorrow.

IMO, net spend is irrelevant as well. I'm more bothered about what we have brought in with the money we have spent.

Those actually in the game feel and think the same way in general, btw, by all accounts.

the manager from zenit even admitted that we placed a solid bid for Witsel. He just didn't reciprocate. I mean i'm not exactly thrilled with the overall success of our transfer activity , but the legion of doom could at least see slight improvements over previous years and kinda relax on the venom at least for a day or so .

Not at this time of night mate
Thanks

This is what I think will happen tomorrow. I think Koeman will have identified certain areas he wants to strengthen, obviously.
Him and the Walshy will have identified certain players, we've been quotes silly prices, so they've thought, fcuk it, lets wait until deadline day and then we'll get them for what they're really worth.

I refuse to fume but I am slightly concerned. I might fume tomorrow at 11pm mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back