Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Then why did we almost immedietly spend the stones money - and nothing more.

Lots of reasons - one being that several targets turned us down. Not because of us not bidding enough, or not offering enough wages, just the player didn't fancy the move. Currently a problem is that most clubs aren't desperate enough to sell their best player unless they can get a decent replacement - which is what's stopping the Gabbiadini and Kone moves for example. If the right players are available and want to come, could we spend £50m or more tomorrow ? Of course we could.

This is the sort of thing which makes me laugh....have you never witnessed a deadline day? deals get done right up to midnight! have you been in a coma for the last 10 years or something mate? lol

I'm not saying we won't sign players mate but the blind optimism of saying we are certain too, is baffling given we have known we need a new striker at least pretty much since the window opened. Regardless of what deals will be done, I wouldn't be betting my house that Everton are certain to sign anyone.

Really mate?

All of the names mentioned managers and players we spoke to, had interest in, they had interest in us (Jose for different reasons). We placed bids for each of the players as I've explained on numerous occasions.

The £100 million was not from me, and I certainly wasn't played in telling the site that Martinez was to be sacked, the precise day of his sacking, Lukaku was staying, Stones was to be sold, Koeman was our first choice, we'd have a DoF in place etc etc.

It's not a precise art, and most people understand the concept of caveat audiens, I certainly do with the people I speak to.

You did suggest all of this at various points....people have short memories, or don't read posts, or just remember the bits they want to.

There is, in my opinion, one person to blame for this (so far) slightly disappointing transfer window*.

Step forward Mr Roberto Martinez. After a blistering first season, he made us irrelevant - if not a laughing stock - for two seasons after that. So unfortunately, despite our new money, we're not on the radar of many people. Walsh, Koeman et al are doing their best to sell a massive vision, but when players/agents look at Everton FC, they see a team that has been in midtable obscurity for the past two seasons.

That wouldn't have mattered so much if we'd been going in for the sort of calibre of players that we've been used to. But the ambition of Moshiri has seen us aim higher, and sadly the hangover of the Martinez era means we're shooting and missing as it stands. If we can get top 4-6 this season, some of the players turning us down this summer will be much more open next summer.

*I say disappointing, I'm personally buzzing with the signings we've actually made to date. Especially Gueye. With players who were awful last year seemingly rejuvinated, we're stronger now than at the start of the window, even without Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back