Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will he play in the first team this season ?

No - Koeman's not interested then.

Could be another Leandro or Tarashji though.

Koeman quite clearly is interested if he has authorised him signing?

Rodriguez obviously hasn't kicked on. For the 750k fee does it matter?

Tarashaj only arrived in the summer and it hasn't been proven yet whether he's good or bad. He's 21 and has been sent out to the Bundesliga for some development. Nothing untoward there.

Btw, I'm not saying he'll be our striker, just pointing out to all the people who lambaste Esk that he passed on the correct info that we were looking to sign Lewin.

We definitely need a striker - a midfielder depends entirely on one of McCarthy and Cleverley leaving I'd imagine (you can't have a massive squad with no Europe).

The main priority is a striker. With Tarashaj leaving, though it always seemed likely, on loan, you'd imagine we are at least very much in for a target or two in that role.

That doesn't change that the business that's been done up to now has been very good though, mate.

Mate to use an analogy, if your roof collapses of your house, and you spend a few months fixing it, and when the rain comes you have managed to fix 75% of the roof, with 25% still caved in, have you done a good job fixing your roof?

Revisionism going on here in spades, we tried all summer apparently with Marquee signings in centre mid and we will go with two players marginalised and not wanted effectively by the manger as our 3rd choice centre mids, no second striker - and do you suddenly think the pressing need for someone to open up defenses has dissapeared ?

sunderland spending big on N'Dong today, more than 13 million.

Pretty much tells you that we are signing Kone then. no way have they got that amount of money unless they have a big incoming at the same time.

Mate to use an analogy, if your roof collapses of your house, and you spend a few months fixing it, and when the rain comes you have managed to fix 75% of the roof, with 25% still caved in, have you done a good job fixing your roof?

Revisionism going on here in spades, we tried all summer apparently with Marquee signings in centre mid and we will go with two players marginalised and not wanted effectively by the manger as our 3rd choice centre mids, no second striker - and do you suddenly think the pressing need for someone to open up defenses has dissapeared ?

I think we'll a striker and a midfielder will be our two priorities today mate - whether that will be a playmaker (Brahimi) that then allows us the option to move Ross deeper in certain games, or a central player (e.g. Sissoko) which provides some more pace and power to the side. Heck, maybe even both, but I think it's doubtful.

I think we'll be looking for a GK and again may well get one in. Defensively, I'm not sure. Sakho to Liverpool - if that's a goer - could mean something, but I do think Kone is staying at Sunderland.

So unless we get that deal for Martina done - which doesn't look likely due to that injury to Cedric - I reckon we may leave that until January - and given the form of Holgate and Williams now being fully fit, I don't see it as a huge problem.

Couple of injuries and we are pretty much a bit screwed (Lukaku, Barry OR Gueye, Barkley)
Forward has to be the priority. McCarthy, Gibson, Cleverley or Davies could replace Barry or Gueye. Barkley would be difficult to replace like for like but we would have options, Deulofeu or Bolasie behind Rom for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back