Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
57706733.webp

Brahimi is in no way shape or form a playmaker mate, he's an explosive winger - a more proven version of Bolasie with better end product

Sissoko provides pace and power when he cba showing up - which is about 5 games a season, want proof of that - see how Newcastel fans 'rate' him and there opinion on how mcuh he was to blame for there lack of any fight last season (and previous ones)

Yes but you're again falling into the trap of thinking we'll stick rigidly to 4-2-3-1 mate i.e. Brahimi - when Koeman himself has said 4-3-3 is his preferred system.

My point was badly worded, but if Brahimi comes in then we have 5 wide players to vie for 2-3 positions really (look hoe Kev played pretty much as a second striker vs Stoke). It would allow Barkley to drop back and be the box-to-box player you so crave.

And while Sissoko is nowhere near the money he never had the same consistency issues at Toulouse mate. Look at the state of Newcastle. IF he did move here Koeman would make sure he got the best out of him.

I think we'll a striker and a midfielder will be our two priorities today mate - whether that will be a playmaker (Brahimi) that then allows us the option to move Ross deeper in certain games, or a central player (e.g. Sissoko) which provides some more pace and power to the side. Heck, maybe even both, but I think it's doubtful.

I think we'll be looking for a GK and again may well get one in. Defensively, I'm not sure. Sakho to Liverpool - if that's a goer - could mean something, but I do think Kone is staying at Sunderland.

So unless we get that deal for Martina done - which doesn't look likely due to that injury to Cedric - I reckon we may leave that until January - and given the form of Holgate and Williams now being fully fit, I don't see it as a huge problem.

Stop calling Brahimi a playmaker Toff.....I can't find any report or description of him that fits that bill. Whether it be written match reviews or just talking to the couple of Porto fans I know. He is another, more talented, Mirallas type from what I can gather!

We need a more Mata type of player. Badly.

N'Dong is their alternative to Iborra mate, who sacked them off at the last minute when he was due to sign last week from Sevilla.

Sakho joining them would be the only one that slightly indicated Kone would be on the move, I'd have thought.
I doubt sunderland have enough money to buy 4-5 players including one for double figures mate. That would rival our money and we have only spent what we have by making it back so far.

He looked fine when he came on at Barnsley and had an ok half of football vs MK Dons before getting injured.

Definitely isn't cut out for the Prem yet so the move will do him good.
Hope you're right, but honestly if you're good enough you're old enough... As the saying goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back