Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt Koeman would have told a fair few players, directly, to find a new club or rot in the reserves. Therefore I envisage a mass exodus leaving on loan before midnight.

I am made up with Williams but that's it. The rest of the transfers have been mediocre at best. Plus we lost our best defender in Stones.

It's been a farce considering we were all expecting some big name signings. Same old Everton.
Have you been watching Gana at all so far this season? (He's been excellent).

panic_button.jpg

So we´ve had a whole summer to bring in a striker and we´re now scrambling with 5 h left of the window. Sorry for the negativity but what the hell Everton.

Brahimi is still in Algeria right? He needs to get here, complete a medical and sign all the paper work before 11 PM? Jeez.

I imagine he's in portugal

If we end up signing just Sissoko today that'll be an utter shambles. No where near a £30m player but that's besides the point. Had all window to see what was needed desperately, a striker, goalkeeper and creative midfielder.

As for goalkeeper I feel we should've gone for Hart but I'm content with Stek continuing on but we should've improved further on that position in my opinion.

The other two there's no excuse that we haven't gotten adequate players in. We literally have only one striker and even he's been out of form since March. To not get one is shocking especially when the likes of Bony were so easily available. Yes he mightn't be the best partner for Lukaku but he'd have been good enough competition something which he needs desperately especially at this stage of his career.

The exact same argument can be made for Barkley. Should he get injured who's his deputy? There's no one that can fill his position. Players like Ziyech have been almost forced out of their clubs with them wanting to sell so bad yet nothing from us.

I mentioned Bony and Ziyech for a specific reason they were both available for small money. Ziyech I believe for €12m and Bony's loan has a £9m purchase clause I think. Small money that would've been easily bought yet we've been lead to believe that we could spend massive money no issue although the spending did only occur after Stones was sold. I'm not saying the money was never there but it's simply just not been spent for whatever reason.

At the end of the day we've improved no doubt but we should've been ending this so much better. The players we've been linked with have been fairly average and overpriced we've never officially been linked with that next level player and that's just disappointing. Ultimately unless big surprises are in store I think we can class this window as a disappointment given what our hopes were.

Also I don't understand if Williams wasn't the replacement for Stones. Why haven't we signed another centre back?
We have Funes Mori, Williams, Jagielka, with Holgate looking very able too. Then there's Browning and Pennington to come back from injury. I think it would be odd if we spent over £15M on another centre back when we so desperately need another forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back