Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ball has been dropped. Needed a few players in key positions and failed to get them in. Leaving business until the end is a horrible strategy.

People saying they will come good in January need to stop and really think. Prices this window were high, January will be worse. In order to buy in January Everton will have to sell Rom. They seem to be keeping the sell to buy strategy even with the tv revenue and new owner. Nothing will ever be different.
Hey thjis is near enough my own thoughts. |Don't exactly know why wre would want to sell |Romelu though. But I vuess what you mean is that we have no money other than stones sell.

Well I guess I'm starring to think you may be right.

Thanks, Terry.

Hey thjis is near enough my own thoughts. |Don't exactly know why wre would want to sell |Romelu though. But I vuess what you mean is that we have no money other than stones sell.

Well I guess I'm starring to think you may be right.

Thanks, Terry.
I personally wouldn't sell Rom but the club have showed yet again, in order to invest in the squad a player with a high value most be sold.

Has anyone from within the club said anything about Sissoko or otherwise? Curious to hear their side of things.
What are they going to say? We can't compete with Spurs because it's located in London and they're playing European football. Think they'll just do an excruciating puff-piece on Valencia and move on. Less they say about this window the better. The club is going to have to hope we get a good run of results. They totally mismanaged expectations and any reasonable supporter is going to be disappointed (and reasonably so) with our business.

While I certainly don't condone spending for the sake of spending I am upset about today, upset that our great start may not continue but also with the knock on effect this may have. I believe we have a great manager in Koeman, maybe one of the best we have ever had, but I fear the boards seemingly unwillingness to match his own may cause some serious damage.

As for Morshiri only time will tell if he has ambitions to match our own, but if he does and today's fiasco was down to the old guard pulling the same old Everton tricks as in the past then it should serve as a warning. He should remove them immediately, either by buying them out or by pushing them out onto the sidelines and giving them no more say so in how the club is run. Who knows maybe Morshiri is a BK MkII and we are going to experience another reign of similar mediocrity. If this is the case I'm not sure Everton fans will put up with it for too long in all honesty.

So it's onto the next game and if we can keep the run going who knows where we will be come Christmas time. The players we have all been wanting over the summer didn't move, so maybe just maybe they will then see we mean business and we may see one or two them wearing the blue of Everton FC. Today's disappointment with the Sissoko deal was more down to the lack of anything major happening, if we had signed a high profile player many would have been asking why on earth did we blow 30 million pounds on him.

Lets just keep our heads up because I believe we have an excellent manager and the rebuilding will continue from this point forward. Hopefully some exciting news about the stadium will come along any day.

Reactions: Tex

What are they going to say? We can't compete with Spurs because it's located in London and they're playing European football. Think they'll just do an excruciating puff-piece on Valencia and move on. Less they say about this window the better. The club is going to have to hope we get a good run of results. They totally mismanaged expectations and any reasonable supporter is going to be disappointed (and reasonably so) with our business.
Just curious for the story. A very similar thing happened in the NBA last summer when DeAndre Jordan (All Star Center) reportedly agreed to terms with Dallas only to then get approached by his old team and teammates, and then ducked all of Dallas' communication attempts and their owner was furious. I'd have no issue with it if someone from the club came out and said Sissoko was a snake. Just want to know how things went down with him and other targets.

1. Brilliant, we binned off the most promising centre half of his generation.
2. Purchased Fulham's reserve keeper. Result.
3. Swapped the most promising defender of his generation for a 32 year old who has won nothing from a team who have never finished higher than 8th in the top flight.
4. Bought a winger who played for Crystal Palace and the fans of that team were delighted with the near £30M, yep £30M, we paid.
5. Good signing by all accounts.
6. Garbage player. From a garbage team. Garbage.
Things will never be (different) the same.

Are the correct answers.

Worst deadline day in my living memory. What a way to let your manager down. And I am absolutely certain things won't change much next transfer window. Its Everton, its happened before as well. Remember Milito, Riquelme, Arshavin and Moutinho in 2008 links in 2008?

Koeman must be absolutely livid. What ambition have we shown this window? Signing a 33 old GK on a free, reppacing a 21 year old CB who is most likely future England captain with 2 seasons worth of Ashley Williams at 32. Only Gueye has been a good signing. Bolasie is alright but not that we were desperately in need of.

Only words, no action overall. Cheating the fans. Now will come the excuses about how we are not exciting enough.

Walsh out

Worst deadline day in my living memory. What a way to let your manager down. And I am absolutely certain things won't change much next transfer window. Its Everton, its happened before as well. Remember Milito, Riquelme, Arshavin and Moutinho in 2008 links in 2008?

Koeman must be absolutely livid. What ambition have we shown this window? Signing a 33 old GK on a free, reppacing a 21 year old CB who is most likely future England captain with 2 seasons worth of Ashley Williams at 32. Only Gueye has been a good signing. Bolasie is alright but not that we were desperately in need of.

Only words, no action overall. Cheating the fans. Now will come the excuses about how we are not exciting enough.

Walsh out

Walsh identifies targets, the negotiators are whom you should be targeting, aka Elstone and Kenwright.

We as fans feel very let down by the Everton board and how they have conducted themselves through this window but imagine how Koeman must feel tonight, he left Southampton to come to Everton.

And he got us bolasie for £28million odd and wanted Sissoko for £30mil...

Koeman lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back