Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
We as fans feel very let down by the Everton board and how they have conducted themselves through this window but imagine how Koeman must feel tonight, he left Southampton to come to Everton.

No I reckon Sisokko was pushed on us by his agent hoping our desperation for a big name would get him a move, but we didn't know we were being used to get Spurs to up there price.

I get that we got duped but, that's where I struggle with the manager and DoF roles. Who agreed to go with the pushy agent, the board, the manager, or the DoF?

Why would his agent want Spurs to up their price ?
Think Levy was in the driving seat for this not the agent.
It was quoted on SSN that his agent offered him to us, but he wanted to go to Spurs all along and they must have shown real interest so we were the decoy to scare Spurs into paying the extra. That's what I think anyway.

I get that we got duped but, that's where I struggle with the manager and DoF roles. Who agreed to go with the pushy agent, the board, the manager, or the DoF?
I think they wee just all getting desperate this was going to be a panic buy for the fans, they know there's going to be a backlash after the promises they have made.

Even I'm disappointed with that. And I was prepared to be satisfied with playing a ridiculous amount for Sissoko and landing Valencia on loan. I studiously lower my expectations and Everton still manages to underwhelm me. She is a cruel cruel mistress.

Lukaku will go as soon as he starts playing well enough again to match the price we have on him. If he hits 20 plus then teams will go for the higher bids and be off. This summer we were quoting over 60 mill for a player who spends most of a season looking unfit disinterested and with a poor first touch. The big boys wouldn't touch him....this time round. I doubt anything we said convinced him to commit long term here.
The difference is this window we could hold out. Next window he will have 2 years left so if he wants to go which he will we will have to sell even if we get offered less than our valuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back