Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that other clubs who didn't want to sell, didn't sell

Already did that once for Stones. Did it with Lukaku as well. Which clubs don't sell? Quick browse around recent history will show the majority of our peers with far higher to later turnover rates than us and far more stars going out of the door.

I think it's clear from respected sources that it was mate.

Not by Ron, or even Walsh, but by people who had been trusted to follow through on their ideas/enquiries.

Getting so close and failing to do a deal with a player/club difficult to deal with I can understand. Leaving it so late and not making sure everything was done is very poor, and needs rectifying by instant action in the next window (based on targets outlined by Koeman and Walsh)
Who is to blame. According to you not Walsh, Moshiri, Koeman, Esk. Maybe it's the tooth fairy.

Not fallen into darkness at all, just contrasting the outcome versus the opportunity. The hardest thing in business is not closing deals it's getting into position to close deals and all the processes you need to go through to get to that position.

We were in position on so many deals this summer and failed to close them - that's the issue that needs addressing. I'll write more tomorrow about this.
Absolutely spot on , there has to be questions asked . Every man and his dog knew Stones was going ,his replacement was identified and executed.
Bolasie & Stekelenberg were Koeman picks as was Gueye Walshes. The dynamic midfielder ie Witsel Carvalho were identified but for different reasons could not
be pushed over the line. Others such as Gabbiadini were far too late in the window to complete .
Lessons have to be learnt Sissoko was offered to us over 2 weeks ago at a price of 35 milllion if a deal was done then no one included Spurs would have matched it.
We are not in the market for free signings like Tom Cleverly now we are in for Top End players with all the baggage they bring.
Does Bill & Robert Elstone fit into this kind of world ? I think not , Moshiri will replace them with people that can close these sort of deals. Yes lessons learned.

Who is to blame. According to you not Walsh, Moshiri, Koeman, Esk. Maybe it's the tooth fairy.

One more sleep, relax and then...

1BFcyv.gif

Then our recruitment strategy us flawed. It needs sorting. Now.
It will be now, I don't believe Walsh has had the time to find what we need, until he came here he was looking for players for Leicester that's why we got Gueye,as I think he was going to be Kantes replacement there. Now him and Koeman can really get to work together to make things happen in January.

We spent a whole lot less than Stones + Sky. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

What's the big panic to spend money? It's not a business model I'd want for the club (Villa proved that notion). Arsenal prove year on year that you don't need to spend masses of money (not that I would like our blue print to be that of Arsenals). I just don't see what the panic is?!? We need to invest in some crowd noise and atmosphere of late, that to me is more apparent than any failings on the pitch......

So let's look at what actually happened this summer.

1. Moved Stones on. Good. The lad did not have his heart in the club, that was obvious. Best moved on. Ergo +
2. Picked up a replacement GK that is far better than Howard. Ergo +
3. Picked up Williams, central defender with years left in him. Strengthens back four, along with emergence of Holgate. Ergo +
4. Picked up Bolassie. Strong player who I believe will only get better playing alongside better players. Ergo +
5. Picked up Gueye. By all accounts the best buy of the summer. Ergo +
6. Picked up Valencia on loan. Back-up player. Better than some I could name... Ergo +

So, overall, I believe we have done OK in this window. If we have a good half-season, we may yet pull in even better players in January next year, but I feel the full season's performance will dictate how the club moves forward, together with the next major incursion into the transfer market next summer.

So all the naysayers, look at 1 -6 above and give some thought to how the club has done this summer.

And if an outhouse like Sissoko swerved us, then we are better off without him if that is how he conducts himself...
1. Brilliant, we binned off the most promising centre half of his generation.
2. Purchased Fulham's reserve keeper. Result.
3. Swapped the most promising defender of his generation for a 32 year old who has won nothing from a team who have never finished higher than 8th in the top flight.
4. Bought a winger who played for Crystal Palace and the fans of that team were delighted with the near £30M, yep £30M, we paid.
5. Good signing by all accounts.
6. Garbage player. From a garbage team. Garbage.
Things will never be (different) the same.

the gulf between the top 4/5 teams and us just got a whole lot wider. just when we were supposed to be closing the gap.

no-one can pretend otherwise.

the bigger the net spend, the higher up the league you go. (that is statistacally proven)

if stek, williams, gana and rom get injured then we will struggle.

our best team will be able to compete against most other clubs, our squad certainly can not.

It will be now, I don't believe Walsh has had the time to find what we need, until he came here he was looking for players for Leicester that's why we got Gueye,as I think he was going to be Kantes replacement there. Now him and Koeman can really get to work together to make things happen in January.

Not sure Sissoko was a Walsh type signing? If he was, I hope he hasn't gone all stevie big balls, because in my head he was the guy who was going to get the bargains, that would allow us to continually make profit and progress?

I dont get these weird comments

Is there a formula to this rating of our spending?

Spend on Transfer - (TV Money + Stones Money) = X

So was X to be 100M for you to be happy? So if TV plus Stones was over 100M we would have had to have actually spent 150m to 200m for people to be happy?
If we intend to move forward as a club we need to stop taking money out of the club. That's it. No more complicated than that.

I wish he had identified Slimami for us to sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back