Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly best pleased with how today's gone, kinda knew it would be that sort of day when the news came out about Porto upping the asking price for Brahimi when it looked like being close to a done deal. Valencia smacks of an almighty desperation buy but I'm willing to give him a chance to play under a World Class ex player like Ronald rather than those he worked under at West Ham before passing judgement. Got to agree that the current regime has to change, give Suntan his P45 and have Moshiri increase his stake enough to retire Kenwright and get people in who know how to deal in the market better to work alongside Walsh

We simply cannot have the same mistakes happen in the January window, targets need to be drawn up between now and mid December with bids made by the end of that month ready to complete on January 1st 2017

Tell yourself what you want, we have freed them of their dead wood.

mrw-my-crush-is-talking-about-her-ex-and-says-you-would-really-like-him-75820.gif

What what?

Difference being that Gueye was virtually the only decent player in that Villa side and by all accounts played well as the stats show. Sissoko and Wijnaldum were part of a group of players who should never have gone down on paper. They did though and those two were shocking and not rated by their own fans who are glad to see the back of them. Also Gueye cost 7 mill not 30 mill plus like the other two.

Stones of late really wasn't that good for us, last season he was full of mistakes and didnt defend that well, at this moment in time he wasn't that suited to us, much happier with the money and Williams. I'm not saying Stones is rubbish but his heart just wasn't here anymore, also we are not at the level yet where we can really accommodate a ball playing defender, we needed a tough leader and we have that with williams.

I think Stones is potentially world class, unlike the rest of the squad

You have lost it, seriously.

Good window with a crap end.

Have we improved the squad? Yes, we have.

Have we improved our management? Yes, we have.

Do we look sharper and more coherent as a team, and showing signs of patching up our weaknesses (i.e. defending)? Yes, we have.

There's nothing deluded about that. It's a sensible, reasoned approach to considering the transfer window/start to the season as being good.

Not brilliant, could be better, still work to be done and improvement needed, but a fair assessment.

So will niasse be getting a squad number due to him having no suitors, I'd almost feel sorry for the PR team who run social media, until I realised probably the same people who run our offical pages ignored fans/ turned PR system up when the was Robeto Martinez protests....

Going to be embarrassing having to announce niasse squad number.

GK - Stek has given us breathing space, but should have been addressed. Needs sorting in Jan now.

Defence - again, the emergence of Holgate has I think rightly given us breathing room and that SHOULD be the case. He could well be the next Stones. No rush - as a unit we already look better defensively and that is from training properly.

Midfield - playmaker/box-to-box - this is the main sore point I'd imagine. We needed quality in this area. Barry is showing everybody up because he's sheer class, but we do need a bit more guile and craft - whether that is from a wing or from a central position.

Striker - we have at least now got better back up than we had before. That's not spin at all it's true. I don't know who people expected or why they keep suggesting Bony when all the strikers we've been linked with play nothing like him...

Those are the needs that i see.

So 2 to 4 possibly needed in Jan (based on that)
Who? Valencia? He has a worse scoring record than Kone. I guess that's irrelevant though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back