Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bed wetters 1, normal people 0.

Obviously this was a big disappointment. But not because of the squad, because outside of second striker I think it's quite strong. In effect we upgraded our GK, our defence, our wingers, and our CM. We added Williams, Holgate, Stek, Gueye, Bolaise, in place of Howard, Stones, Gibson, Osman, McGeady etc. The squad is much better, and with a good coach it should show.

But the disappointment is that we WANTED to bring in more players but failed miserably because of our own incompetence. We should have had more secondary targets lined up or been more aggressive towards the primary targets. Putting all of our Chips on Brahimi and Sissoko did us in. Hopefully they learned from this, and to hire a top negotiator.

I had complete faith in The Esk until about 1 hr 11 minutes ago. I accept he might not have been deliberately been misleading us all but the fact remains he confidently called a number of deals too early and his ITK status is now seriously tarnished, probably destroyed beyond repair. Personally I'll file his 'inside info' alongside that of the Daily Mirror journos.

He called a few to be fair but, in the final analysis, more wrong.
They werent wrong , he cant change the way players / agents/clubs act.
He gets info and chooses to pass it on, I get info but the last place I would put it is on here.
Take it for what it is or have a cup of tea maybe a pint upto you buddy.

No mate, his work started the moment he signed his contract. He was already well versed in decent players and should have made sure that any that he wanted were delivered. Get paid the big bucks and deliver the big deals......

Perhaps he did get what he wants

We have no idea of the truth

Perhaps the media were the ones linking us with all these superstars just because we have money

Carvalho et al was in my team to start the season etc, based on rumours. I'm not angry with the esk about it, I'm an adult and should be able to make my own decisions about correct/incorrect info. He is a good goto guy for footie finance/stadium etc, so why the haters?

Very true, unfortunately a lot on here aren't and can't. Take things as gospel then attack the source for being "jarg".

Hopefully lessons will be learnt before the January window, and a proper plan will be put in place well in advance. We'll need to be doing well in the league as well to be able to get the kinds of targets we need.

this is the key and I think that will be what Koeman, Walsh, Moshiri and the other people involved in the deals will be discussing in the next week (you don't need to be ITK to know that there will be an aftermath of a crap end to the window where we failed to follow through and 'fully' back the manager)

On the pitch though... plenty of work still to be done and just one or two new signings wouldn't have actually changed that.

Carvalho et al was in my team to start the season etc, based on rumours. I'm not angry with the esk about it, I'm an adult and should be able to make my own decisions about correct/incorrect info. He is a good goto guy for footie finance/stadium etc, so why the haters?

because this forum is full of emotional millennials going through puberty.

one of the bell ends on twitter who is giving him [Poor language removed] looks about 13 years old for starters.

Last edited:

he's started every game for them this season but was always looking for a move.

Perez - had one good season and all clips of him show him running in behind etc etc - so pretty much the same? I think it's just the type Koeman wanted tbh.

Anyway, overall, good window, with a crap end.

I think i'm being fair in that assessment.

May turn out that it's a missed opportunity, in which case somebody has to pay - and for me it has to be the purely incompetent people who are quite clearly still involved when they really need not to be

A poor window mate, glaring holes at the start still present in the squad.

Mate he is a striker who doesn't score in this league with bad injuries issues. How can you spin that to be a decent backup to lukaku?

he's much better than Kone and I think I saw a stat earlier that he actually has more Premier League goals in 2016 than any of our current strikers combined...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back