Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I don't think people have mentioned is the has been no attempt to get a deal sheet has there?

Journalists would of been on that already, begs the question did we pull out of kone and Brahimi?

May suggest due to lack of money. Not goading anyone but if the books are more or less equal that would imply that we are done with business, unless we get a 1 AM surprise.

A Question. Which, of all the names linked in this window did you REALLY want us to sign?
Wasn't that bothered with any of them myself.

good point, Wanted them ?, I'd not heard of the lads from Europe., and honestly lids , who had ?. who has watched Napoli or FC Porto play on any regular basis to judge them

were any of the linked players better than what's here ? , was the winger better than del or Kev or Bolasie. would he of got his game ?.was the forward aware he was going to be a back up striker, of course he'd jump at it wouldn't he.....

Sissoko is no better than what's here already,and the reaction on the social media when 30 million was mentioned !.Didn't see too many calls for us to sign him during the summer. McCarthy seems to be our new Ossie, which is very unfair IMO, there isn't much between the two players

we're a club that finished 11th for the last couple of years, we're not the big attraction to players we'd like to think we are, the squad is improved with the signing of four international footballers, all of them looking promising, Koeman has told us it will take time.

it will happen of that i'm sure, remember NSNO, and none of the players we we're trying to attract to kick the club on,were worthy of that.

that's my take on it anyway.

this is the key and I think that will be what Koeman, Walsh, Moshiri and the other people involved in the deals will be discussing in the next week (you don't need to be ITK to know that there will be an aftermath of a crap end to the window where we failed to follow through and 'fully' back the manager)

On the pitch though... plenty of work still to be done and just one or two new signings wouldn't have actually changed that.

Some creativity and a back up striker probably would have helped a lot in the work to be done part

No mate, his work started the moment he signed his contract. He was already well versed in decent players and should have made sure that any that he wanted were delivered. Get paid the big bucks and deliver the big deals......
Yes but up to when he came here he didn't know what we needed, for example Leicester have a very good goalkeeper and a very good playmaker and Striker, so it wasn't his priority looking out for them for Leicester, but I'm sure he was looking at Gueye for them to replace Kante. He needed more time than he has had, come January he will have a long list of decent players for Koeman to pick from.

As this thread's specifically about deadline day:
We scrambled around desperately for targets we should have sorted long before today and got none
We got screwed over by a hithouse who wouldn't even answer his phone
We signed a player who couldn't even get a game for West Ham reserves in the Europa qualifiers.

Crap

Didn't we sign 5 first team players with only 1 leaving

Don't get the level of negativity.

It's a slow rebuild. We got rich 2 years too late. Every club has money now

Sure we didn't get the marquee signings but we are hardly a premium brand at the minute after three years of Martinez

And we dodged a very expensive bullet with sissoko
How are we rich? We literally spent nothing.

A poor window mate, glaring holes at the start still present in the squad.

GK - Stek has given us breathing space, but should have been addressed. Needs sorting in Jan now.

Defence - again, the emergence of Holgate has I think rightly given us breathing room and that SHOULD be the case. He could well be the next Stones. No rush - as a unit we already look better defensively and that is from training properly.

Midfield - playmaker/box-to-box - this is the main sore point I'd imagine. We needed quality in this area. Barry is showing everybody up because he's sheer class, but we do need a bit more guile and craft - whether that is from a wing or from a central position.

Striker - we have at least now got better back up than we had before. That's not spin at all it's true. I don't know who people expected or why they keep suggesting Bony when all the strikers we've been linked with play nothing like him...

Those are the needs that i see.

So 2 to 4 possibly needed in Jan (based on that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back