Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sissoko, imho, would have been our Baliotelli. We don't need players who won't give 100%, we should be aiming higher than that. Drenthe is a recent example that comes to mind. Last-minute panic buys are a sign of desperation, not the result of a carefully calculated strategy.

I struggle to believe we had anything that could have resembled a carefully calculated strategy

West Ham fans literally think he is shockingly bad and those numbers aren't exactly great, lets hope he somehow does the business for us.

West Ham fans also think they won the world cup in 1966 mate and that they're a massive club...

just saying

but yes, we'll see.

As BACK-UP, on a no-risk LOAN deal, he's fine and provides better competition with Rom than Kone does.

this is the key and I think that will be what Koeman, Walsh, Moshiri and the other people involved in the deals will be discussing in the next week (you don't need to be ITK to know that there will be an aftermath of a crap end to the window where we failed to follow through and 'fully' back the manager)

On the pitch though... plenty of work still to be done and just one or two new signings wouldn't have actually changed that.

Yeah there'll definitely have to be a review of what went wrong. Did we chase targets too far above our current status for too long? Did all the talk of our rich new status and big transfer fund allow us to be used by agents for better deals. Why didn't any of our plan b and c options come off. Why leave complicated 3rd party owned deals until the last couple of days to resolve?

Up until the Arenal and West Ham defeats last season I really wanted it to work out for Martinez. But the fact is, two back to back bottom half finishes and no European Football has definitely been a factor in our failure to land the first choice targets, and this is something the board are going to have to consider going forward, and we may become far more brutal if managers aren't perfoming

How are we rich? We literally spent nothing.

We spent 5 million more than we brought in on transfers alone

We also paid compo to Leicester Southampton and Bobby brown shoes

Barkleys wages went up, probably set some aside for new Lukaku deal, several youngsters got new deals

We did spend money just not in obvious ways

Mate he is a striker who doesn't score in this league with bad injuries issues. How can you spin that to be a decent backup to lukaku?
From what i'm lead to believe this is the type of signing that Koeman wanted.
He'll never kick up a fuss being second fiddle to Lukaku but will be an able deputy in his absence.
Seems to have lost his way since his injury, but no doubt theres a good player there. I'le certainly support the lad.

So it's true. Even the Esk, the most positive Evertonian of all, has fallen into darkness.

Not fallen into darkness at all, just contrasting the outcome versus the opportunity. The hardest thing in business is not closing deals it's getting into position to close deals and all the processes you need to go through to get to that position.

We were in position on so many deals this summer and failed to close them - that's the issue that needs addressing. I'll write more tomorrow about this.

Great post I totally agree.
Why? Why? Why? Am I seeing posts about 'net spend', 'Kenwright Out', 'Moshiri Out', 'The world owes us something because we are EFC'!?! Wake up. We aren't in Europe, we aren't a consistent European Place contender anymore. We have something to prove. So let's prove it. I would rather wait and keep the money in my pocket, than spend it on overrated tripe that is Sissoko. Gana - good signing and is everything it says on the tin so far, Williams is the same, Bolasie - undecided but not negative, Stek - steady so far. What's the panic??? Let's all take a breath, put the tennis balls down and see where we are in January. God forbid we actually make some positive noise inside the old lady of a weekend.....
We spent a whole lot less than Stones + Sky. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

We spent 5 million more than we brought in on transfers alone

We also paid compo to Leicester Southampton and Bobby brown shoes

Barkleys wages went up, probably set some aside for new Lukaku deal, several youngsters got new deals

We did spend money just not in obvious ways

we needed more additions mate, but yes you are right (in the grand scheme)

It isn't an excuse for a poorly executed end of the window though.

Not fallen into darkness at all, just contrasting the outcome versus the opportunity. The hardest thing in business is not closing deals it's getting into position to close deals and all the processes you need to go through to get to that position.

We were in position on so many deals this summer and failed to close them - that's the issue that needs addressing. I'll write more tomorrow about this.
Either you know what you are talking about and we have naive, incompetent fools running our transfer strategy or you know nothing and who cares what you think. Either way we are screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back