Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah there'll definitely have to be a review of what went wrong. Did we chase targets too far above our current status for too long? Did all the talk of our rich new status and big transfer fund allow us to be used by agents for better deals. Why didn't any of our plan b and c options come off. Why leave complicated 3rd party owned deals until the last couple of days to resolve?

Up until the Arenal and West Ham defeats last season I really wanted it to work out for Martinez. But the fact is, two back to back bottom half finishes and no European Football has definitely been a factor in our failure to land the first choice targets, and this is something the board are going to have to consider going forward, and we may become far more brutal if managers aren't perfomrning.

I think we need to be brutal with Elstone and Kenwright personally.

Elstone needs to leave.

Bill can't be involved in deals anymore.

As much as I believe @The Esk was informed otherwise, I think the window has proved that they're both involved in some capacity. This needs sorting ASAP, either way.

Either you know what you are talking about and we have naive, incompetent fools running our transfer strategy or you know nothing and who cares what you think. Either way we are screwed.

Based on what? The media? One player choosing a champions league club over a club who finished 11th

We aren't exactly an attractive prospect at the minute. Takes time to get the shine back

Yeah there'll definitely have to be a review of what went wrong. Did we chase targets too far above our current status for too long? Did all the talk of our rich new status and big transfer fund allow us to be used by agents for better deals. Why didn't any of our plan b and c options come off. Why leave complicated 3rd party owned deals until the last couple of days to resolve?

Up until the Arenal and West Ham defeats last season I really wanted it to work out for Martinez. But the fact is, two back to back bottom half finishes and no European Football has definitely been a factor in our failure to land the first choice targets, and this is something the board are going to have to consider going forward, and we may become far more brutal if managers aren't perfoming

Lot of truth in that, common sense post.

Either you know what you are talking about and we have naive, incompetent fools running our transfer strategy or you know nothing and who cares what you think. Either way we are screwed.

Best start to the season in a decade.

Very good manager, squad has improved overall (not to the extent we needed perhaps to be challenging for top 5/6, but that's where a good manager comes in). Looking sharper and the most 'underachieving' squad that we've had in years is now appearing to be playing to relatively close of its potential.

But yeh, the end is nigh.

we needed more additions mate, but yes you are right (in the grand scheme)

It isn't an excuse for a poorly executed end of the window though.

Was it poorly executed. Who knows. Ron plays it close to the chest.

Maybe he looked at the craziness and decided to keep some of his powder dry until January

I think we need to be brutal with Elstone and Kenwright personally.

Elstone needs to leave.

Bill can't be involved in deals anymore.

As much as I believe @The Esk was informed otherwise, I think the window has proved that they're both involved in some capacity. This needs sorting ASAP, either way.

The time to sweep the board the clean of the old regime has to be now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back