Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's clear from respected sources that it was mate.

Not by Ron, or even Walsh, but by people who had been trusted to follow through on their ideas/enquiries.

Getting so close and failing to do a deal with a player/club difficult to deal with I can understand. Leaving it so late and not making sure everything was done is very poor, and needs rectifying by instant action in the next window (based on targets outlined by Koeman and Walsh)

Would anticipate Moshiri not allowing the same mistakes to be made again if his treatment of Martinez was anything to go by. Hopefully a few heads (Elstone's) may roll.

Did Spurs really want sissoko? They baulked at the asking price earlier on but then it got out we were paying 6mil in 5 payments, they have bought him as the payments don't seem as bad as 30mil straight off but I also think they scuppered the deal to try and buy up players to stop other teams challenging them a bit like city did.
Me personally I would have preferred Chadli all day long over him.
I half expect a new ground statement to be made to try and ease the grief they will get.

My take on this window
realistically it was always going to be hard to attract the calibre of player we need to take the step up with no Champions league never mind Europa cup so on a whole
I don't think we have weakened the side we have improved it but not to the next level we all had expectations of doing big things with Martinez and having the best side we have had for years but if Koeman gets them playing to the ability we all expected under Martinez then and we have kept Lukaku so I'm optimistic yes I know the players we signed are the Stones money but 30mil on a panic buy its just not worth it, bit of a crap last day, if you would have been told we could only sign Steklinburg, Williams and Bolasie and your keeping Lukaku most of us would have taken that.

In
Steklinburg keeps the form he's showing will be a bargain.
Out
Howard his form was dropping as was his confidence.
In
Williams solid will sure up the defence and give confidence to rest of team and hopefully bring mori on leaps and bounds.
Out
Stones didn't want to be here his mistakes costs us and my opinion wasn't a great defender but a good footballer if that makes sense.
Hibbert as much as I loved what hibbo has done for the club think the time was right he wasn't playing and he was never going to dislodge Coleman.
In
Gueye 7mil compared to what we paid for Mcarthy it's even more of a bargain as I thought Mcarthy was awesome when he first came.
Bolasie price was a bit shocking but in this window it was about right, I've always rated him once his fitness is up he will rip teams apart he always did against us and the lot across the park with a conservatory for a ground.
Out
Osman another loyal player who gave his all but his lack of pace was obvious last season so time was right.
Pienaar as above but injuries and having Geri, Mirrallas, and Lennon ahead of him he was never going to get in ahead of them.
Mcgeady living off his Celtic reputation just not good enough.
In
Valencia wouldn't have been my choice but he's got something to prove to West Ham
Gutted Niasse is still here but Kone needs to have a big couple of months till January anyway.

Hopefully some time on utds bench will make Matas mind up for him and he joins in Jan. If not him we need a playmaker but who I don't know.
A striker is a must as Niasse isn't good enough and Kone has had his chance in my opinion but this window has bought him till Jan to turn it around.

Liverpool and Spurs have paid a lot of money for two midfielders who helped relegate Newcastle neither of which were rated by their own fans. Are you really gutted we lost out, I was more worried we were targeting those players. Look at the two clubs, they are renowned for wasting money. Give me Gueye any day over those two.
What what?

Not just fans, the club and owners too. We're the Newcastle United of the north west.

We're actually not tho' mate. We swerved an nufc type (panic) deal (because nufc of the n.london swooped), there is literally no other comparison for that?

We'll need to spend big in January now too to keep whatever promises we've made to the like of Lukaku.

Lukaku will go as soon as he starts playing well enough again to match the price we have on him. If he hits 20 plus then teams will go for the higher bids and be off. This summer we were quoting over 60 mill for a player who spends most of a season looking unfit disinterested and with a poor first touch. The big boys wouldn't touch him....this time round. I doubt anything we said convinced him to commit long term here.

We spent a whole lot less than Stones + Sky. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

I dont get these weird comments

Is there a formula to this rating of our spending?

Spend on Transfer - (TV Money + Stones Money) = X

So was X to be 100M for you to be happy? So if TV plus Stones was over 100M we would have had to have actually spent 150m to 200m for people to be happy?

Think I'd rather have Stones back
Stones of late really wasn't that good for us, last season he was full of mistakes and didnt defend that well, at this moment in time he wasn't that suited to us, much happier with the money and Williams. I'm not saying Stones is rubbish but his heart just wasn't here anymore, also we are not at the level yet where we can really accommodate a ball playing defender, we needed a tough leader and we have that with williams.

Nobody saw Valencia coming, came out of nowhere and honks of a desperation buy. But, he's a blue now - give him a chance to show what he can bring to the team. He may turn out to be gash - in which case, the one year loan deal will be a saving grace. If he turns out to be decent, then that's a win.
Marquee signing mate.

Hopefully that'll be enough to get him to commit, but I'm really wary of us low balling any potential buyout clause. Imagine he hits 30-35 this year and he can go for £60 million when we wanted £75m this summer.

then you take the hit mate as 30 goals would see us be in with a shout of winning the bloody league since we've now got a manager who can defend

he's started every game for them this season but was always looking for a move.

Perez - had one good season and all clips of him show him running in behind etc etc - so pretty much the same? I think it's just the type Koeman wanted tbh.

Anyway, overall, good window, with a crap end.

I think i'm being fair in that assessment.

May turn out that it's a missed opportunity, in which case somebody has to pay - and for me it has to be the purely incompetent people who are quite clearly still involved when they really need not to be
You have lost it, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back