Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate they weren't, villa fans liked him u til he signed then backtracked on the forums and u can check that easily, bolasie was really liked by palace fans but they thought the fee we paid was worth more than the player and would allow them to afford benteke, west ham fans have slated Valencia as turd for ages.
But when Valencia was first there they loved him, after he got injured he didn't really have the chances to play regular. I'm sure he will be a good edition to the squad.

To be fair he hasn't be here very long, his work starts now with targets ready for January or next summer.

No mate, his work started the moment he signed his contract. He was already well versed in decent players and should have made sure that any that he wanted were delivered. Get paid the big bucks and deliver the big deals......

So will there be a press conference with an explanation of what happened during the window and whether or not we met out outlined ambitions? Honestly curious.

Walsh should not be given a hard time, he's done well with his recruitment so far, he will learn from this experience and seek to get problems solved quicker.

Only thing that worries me is Moshiris statement on SSN. He said he will continue to back the chairman, evidence suggests that kenwright may be involved in transfers and that may of had adverse affect on getting deals over the line.

However we don't know that for sure.

Kenwright couldn't get something over the line if he was Daniella Westbrookes nostril

Spurs allowed us to counter and west brim didn't mate, simple as that, any team that sits back we will struggle against with with no genuine playmaker, without Rom against those teams we are screwed, and Valencia is an utterly horrendous second choice striker, pace and that's it, and looked a shadow of the mediocre player he looked pre injuries, seriously we just loaned west hams fourth choice striker, a team whose weakness is not having a really even average striker there......

he's started every game for them this season but was always looking for a move.

Perez - had one good season and all clips of him show him running in behind etc etc - so pretty much the same? I think it's just the type Koeman wanted tbh.

Anyway, overall, good window, with a crap end.

I think i'm being fair in that assessment.

May turn out that it's a missed opportunity, in which case somebody has to pay - and for me it has to be the purely incompetent people who are quite clearly still involved when they really need not to be

Find it hard to believe we didn't want Ziyech or Haller who have shown good stats, and Are relatively cheap, the likes of Bazoer etc Reideveld, I mean if anyone knows these players it must be Koeman, it baffles me why he hasn't gone for any of these but he was happy to splash 30 on sissoko? Or pay almost 40m for brahimi?

Hopefully lessons will be learnt before the January window, and a proper plan will be put in place well in advance. We'll need to be doing well in the league as well to be able to get the kinds of targets we need.

@The Esk ...you have either been played for a fool [Mata, Koulibaly, Witsel [he's ours], Carvalho [Bump]] or you have played us for the fool...if the former, I hope you have learnt your lesson re jumping the gun...if the latter, then you are a chop of the highest order...either way, no impartial person on this forum [and by that I mean not fellow Mods, Chicoazul and the like] will ever believe another word you type...

And, IF this whole saga was to get more clicks, views for your thread sponsor and hence more traffic for this website...well...

Carvalho et al was in my team to start the season etc, based on rumours. I'm not angry with the esk about it, I'm an adult and should be able to make my own decisions about correct/incorrect info. He is a good goto guy for footie finance/stadium etc, so why the haters?

Nobody saw Valencia coming, came out of nowhere and honks of a desperation buy. But, he's a blue now - give him a chance to show what he can bring to the team. He may turn out to be gash - in which case, the one year loan deal will be a saving grace. If he turns out to be decent, then that's a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back