Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
This project is going to take a while and Koeman knows it, anyone thinking we can get the Mata's / Witsels of this world at this moment in time are deluded, but I'm sure the days of signing big name players will cone but it will take hard work from all within the club.

Weren't Villa fans saying the same about Gana? And Palace fans about Bolasie?

No mate they weren't, villa fans liked him u til he signed then backtracked on the forums and u can check that easily, bolasie was really liked by palace fans but they thought the fee we paid was worth more than the player and would allow them to afford benteke, west ham fans have slated Valencia as turd for ages.

Joking aside let me try to bring some perspective to the window. This is all based on opinion and rumours as we all are.

First of all we went for Witsel, Malta and koulibaly. Witsel said yes then played us until juventus makes a move.
Juanito Mata is apparently needed for the squad according to mourinho.
Koulibaly would probably only leave for champions league - plus their owner is very hard to deal with.

They are the top three targets according to most, I'm happy we tried to get the quality but right now we need to step up to the top 6 before these players really consider us.

We moved on to Bolasie who we overpaid for, probably wasn't plan A, but for once Everton steamrolled a PL rival and said were rich and we're having him. Jury still out on him.

We signed a solid leader in Ashley Willian's, again we went to Swansea and said we want him name your price. At this point I'm feeling a funny feeling in my stomach, this isn't Everton !

Gana Gueye ? Looks a cracker for £8m, again plan A ? Probably not but Barry isn't exactly 21 is he ? Good buy so far.

Stekelenberg is number 2 but we didn't panic buy in splashing £30m on Joe Hart who apparently wanted a loan deal to think things through. Stekky to his family and Mikey Fitz, has started well, let's give him time.

Others such as Gabbiadini was very close, but Napoli wanted a replacement and didn't find what they wanted, fair play to them, if we sold rom with no Plan To replace we would all poop the bed in anger, bet Wetters would be basic training to supporting Everton fc.

Mousse Sissoko is a dodged bullet to most.

Overall the window was underwhelming but we come out stronger IMO, shame we didn't get some exotic Totty like Berardi or Ziyech but we can't change that. Really gutted about Bony if I'm honest.

Questions need to be asked, heads need to roll, but to see us bring in real quality will need to build slowly and get back amongst the top 6. Maybe then we will see some progress in all areas. stadium issue needs to be addressed ASAP.
Main point is we sold a work in progress centre half that hasnt wanted to be here for over a year for 50 mil.
Brought in 6 players that truely want to be here added to an already good squad with some cracking youngsters coming through.
But for now we've had our best Prem start in a decade a Class manager & looking like a team that can challenge.
Yes we all wanted the big "marquee" signing , but that will come in time. We are in a far better place than we were 12 months ago.Give it time.

So all the money in the world with such a huge wage bill now.

And we spend no money and we have holes in midfield defence and possibly creatively. We had these issues before the window started as well. The club has failed to fix the issues and guarantee our first rough patch will be down to injury in certain areas.

I didn't want to buy into the idea much but we have literally been sell to buy yet again. And it seems we have all been led along to believe that things had changed here

Main point is we sold a work in progress centre half that hasnt wanted to be here for over a year for 50 mil.
Brought in 6 players that truely want to be here added to an already good squad with some cracking youngsters coming through.
But for now we've had our best Prem start in a decade a Class manager & looking like a team that can challenge.
Yes we all wanted the big "marquee" signing , but that will come in time. We are in a far better place than we were 12 months ago.Give it time.

I'm liking the cut of your jib sir ;)

Well in fairness he could do all the other parts of the game better than him...no?

Dont really know if he does, but even Lou Reed knows stats dont tell the whole story and he's dead.

No idea if he is average or crap...or a decent player who has been in the wrong place.

Comon boys...They are both crap....I've got stats for Nyarko, Linderoth and Scott Gemmill here, Shall we compare?

I think it will mate. And i'm pretty confident that targets will be identified early doors and they WILL be moved for in Jan.

If that doesn't happen then I will be concerned.

As it stands overall our business has been good, but not of the level needed. There's a variety of factors for that but I do believe one of them in the case of the late deals this week has been down to some ineptitude on our part (which before, i.e. Witsel, Carvs whoever) it wasn't. These were realistic transfers we SHOULD have got over the line.

As a whole - as I said I'd judge the window when it's shut - a 6/10.

Gueye, Stek, Williams, Bollasie, Valencia - IN

Osman, Howard, Stones, Pienaar, Hibbert, McGeady, Garbutt, Galloway, Tarashaj - OUT

We're definitely stronger, especially when you factor in the emergence of Holgate and the fact we've still got Coleman to come back.

However, we needed one to two more at least this week and the fact that they've failed to materialise has slanted me more to @ToffeeTim 's p.o.v

However, I also don't think this is a lack of money, but it's a lack of skill and craft and while we have always had good nous in the market, we need to move to the next level.

First off, that has to come ON the pitch, and now the players in the squad need to give their ALL (as they will have to under Koeman) to be the best and build on this excellent start.

The next few months will tell us exactly what will be required/who will go in Jan. IF, come then, we don't get the reinforcements we need, then I'll be concerned.

I said I'd only be concerned at the end of this window if we'd failed to do business that improved us. That hasn't happened - we have improved - both player wise and off the pitch.

I'd agree with the majority of this, fair play.

January may make for an interesting window - dependant on league position, Gana and Bolasie away at the AFCON and potential for value in that window (Berahino and Witsel with 6 months on their deals). Not jumping the gun, like, just speaking in hypotheticals.

I wanted 2 strikers (not Valencia) today but it didn't happen. This window should now be looked at and analysed, as you said, and let's see where we went wrong. Although I feel like we may already know what went wrong.

The Castleford Tigers Clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back