Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't have a plan B

Once Kone went off two weeks ago, we should have tried to sign a defender since then.. But we didn't why?

Other thing which I think is weird is Joe hart when Koeman said he wasn't interested? I genuinely don't believe that, of course we would be interested? I think there just wasn't any money to buy him

Same with sissoko if we really wanted him we'd have bid for him weeks ago, but I don't think we had enough money for him until today when planned deals fell through

Ok, it was a disappointing last day of the window, but let's be realistic, not signing Sissoko was really good news. It's pretty clear beyond any doubt now that he is a genuine bellend, and would have been a liability for us, further draining the wage bill. So, trying to put a brave face on it, things could have been worse.....
Now I think you might be the voice of reason hey.

Thanks, Ted.

We did okay against Spurs didn't we mate?

Of course Rom is a key player.

My point is that Payet has to be playing well for West Ham to play well.

Not the same with us and Rom - see Stoke on saturday as the prime example.
It was the first game of the season and we were at home. We also played at a pace that was impossible to keep up for 90 mins even if we were totally fit.

Playing against teams with 3 speedy forward and 7 defenders works against teams when you don't expect to have a lot of the ball and can hit them on the counter attack in behind their fullbacks. Translating that into beating teams that are quite happy to come away with a draw is completely different.

That's the reason why Liverpool play well against the top teams and often mess up against the poor teams. It's not rocket science.

Rom is just as important to us as Payet is to West Ham.

@The Esk ...you have either been played for a fool [Mata, Koulibaly, Witsel [he's ours], Carvalho [Bump]] or you have played us for the fool...if the former, I hope you have learnt your lesson re jumping the gun...if the latter, then you are a chop of the highest order...either way, no impartial person on this forum [and by that I mean not fellow Mods, Chicoazul and the like] will ever believe another word you type...

And, IF this whole saga was to get more clicks, views for your thread sponsor and hence more traffic for this website...well...
If you're accusing someone tag them in @GrandOldTeam

Didn't want want an over priced mercenary like Sissoko anyway but being pie'd by him is the final joke today.Our inability to get signings over the line has been going on for years., we still lack cover in midfield and goalkeeper.At the end of the first window in our new era we have essenitially sold to buy again.Elstone out, Mosh and Koeman should be fuming but we go again.

Cheer up lads, think of something nice from your past....

debbie-harry-october-1989-blue-sequined-off-shoulder-dress-B4NBBC.jpg

I mean we paid five million to buy Koeman, plus whatever his wages cost on top.. Plus we had to pay Martinez off, and I can guarantee you that will have been paid for by Sky money / any transfer budget we had.

I personally like Valencia. He has got excellent pace and can score a worldly every so often. I feel like he was shunted out wide on quite a few of his appearances so that might explain the low goal ratio. I think he is a much better player than Kone and offers a different type of option up front.
Was t suited by West Ham style either ... Could work out well for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back