Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in fairness he could do all the other parts of the game better than him...no?

Dont really know if he does, but even Lou Reed knows stats dont tell the whole story and he's dead.

No idea if he is average or crap...or a decent player who has been in the wrong place.

He maybe better mate, but it's a bit worrying that West Ham fans are feeling the same way about him going out on loan, like we are about McGeady going out on loan.

Nothing to do with Esk ....helmet.

I had complete faith in The Esk until about 1 hr 11 minutes ago. I accept he might not have been deliberately been misleading us all but the fact remains he confidently called a number of deals too early and his ITK status is now seriously tarnished, probably destroyed beyond repair. Personally I'll file his 'inside info' alongside that of the Daily Mirror journos.

He called a few to be fair but, in the final analysis, more wrong.

We have replaced 4 released as below and improved squad
Stek for Howard improvement so far
Gana for Osman improvement
Williams for hibbo improvent
Holgate replaces stones
Bolasie for pienaar improvement

That's four signings and one promotion from the youth team who are all improving the squad and all in the starting 11 as it stands

Deluded. However let's have some blind faith.

I need to rationalise the thousands of pounds somehow.

Well in fairness he could do all the other parts of the game better than him...no?

Dont really know if he does, but even Lou Reed knows stats dont tell the whole story and he's dead.

No idea if he is average or crap...or a decent player who has been in the wrong place.

I personally like Valencia. He has got excellent pace and can score a worldly every so often. I feel like he was shunted out wide on quite a few of his appearances so that might explain the low goal ratio. I think he is a much better player than Kone and offers a different type of option up front.

Koeman is already on his way back to Holland mate, needs time to review his position at the club. We promised him the world and delivered the equivalent of Slough, he's not happy.
My ITK sources can confirm that Koeman is raging to the point that his face has dissolved even further into the semi gelatinous, blood vessel bursting, melted etch-a-sketch visage that we have come to know and love.

Expect him to leave in January and be replaced by Alan Stubbs.

In the first 3 games we have seen big improvement from last season, we look solid and quite good, it isn't always about big name players it's about playing as a team like Leicester did last season.

I had complete faith in The Esk until about 1 hr 11 minutes ago. I accept he might not have been deliberately been misleading us all but the fact remains he confidently called a number of deals too early and his ITK status is now seriously tarnished, probably destroyed beyond repair. Personally I'll file his 'inside info' alongside that of the Daily Mirror journos.

He called a few to be fair but, in the final analysis, more wrong.

The lad needs to pipe down. It's not worth it either way.

It's important to say that we've made decent signings, and that we are stronger than we were at the start of the window.

Also that we're not woefully short in any position. We can all point to ways we'd like to strengthen the squad, but we're in ok shape, we do have options.

It's just that those options aren't strong enough to push for a top 4 place.

OK, never rule anything out, remember Leicester etc. But on a sober analysis our squad does not look top 4. So why when we've got tens of millions to spend do we not spend it ? No doubt someone will prove that we spent a lot more than we think when wages, agents fees and everything are taken into account, but that's not the point. We had so much more Moshiri and Sky money which we never used. And yes there were reasons why we missed out on various targets. But look at all the players who moved during the window, even those who went to non Champions League clubs. How many of those could have improved our squad ? There were so many opportunities missed. That's why fans are saying that this window has been a failure. All I'd say is don't blame Moshiri. Blame those who were in charge of our transfer business.

I agree we're not in a position to push for top four, but, hand on heart, did anyone really think that was a realistic aim ?

Leicester going from nowhere to Champions has blinded people to the reality that for years now, clubs don't go from 11th to 4th in the course of a season.

As I've already said, mistakes have been made, and, if what was said on this forum about him being actively involved in early negogiations with our bigger targets and then passing over the responsibility to Kenwright with later transfers is true, then I think that Moshiri has to shoulder some of the blame too for getting involved in something which perhaps he wasn't SQEP for ?

It's not that long ago that Kenwright was being put forward on this forum as being well respected in this industry and a good negogiator. I don't know for sure that that's true, but, for all his faults, I suspect it is.

That probably leaves Elstone as the weak link tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back