Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walsh should not be given a hard time, he's done well with his recruitment so far, he will learn from this experience and seek to get problems solved quicker.

Only thing that worries me is Moshiris statement on SSN. He said he will continue to back the chairman, evidence suggests that kenwright may be involved in transfers and that may of had adverse affect on getting deals over the line.

However we don't know that for sure.

It is not much improved at all and it is nothing to do with the media. I think that in the short term we have marginally improved the first XI with the additions of Williams and Gana. However, we haven't addressed the glaring deficiencies in the XI nor in the squad.

It's poor and we shouldn't dress it up otherwise.

However, I still believe that Koeman can make a good fist of it and I think we will have an OK season with what we have.

We have replaced 4 released as below and improved squad
Stek for Howard improvement so far
Gana for Osman improvement
Williams for hibbo improvent
Holgate replaces stones
Bolasie for pienaar improvement

That's four signings and one promotion from the youth team who are all improving the squad and all in the starting 11 as it stands

Martinez had done so much damage to this club. Better/bigger name players reject to join this club and Europa League does count, apparently.
i don't even blame martinez for this. triggers should have been pulled. even expensive triggers, like brahimi, would have improved the team. i wonder who up there is to blame truly, and if their heart is truly in this team

Pretty much all the players we have been linked with have stayed with their current clubs. Mata, Carvalho, Witsel, Brahimi etc etc. Right?

Yes, if we start well and are in a good position come Christmas it might be enough to tip some of those deals over the line. We can't underestimate the impact back to back bottom half finishes had on our position in the market. If Koeman can prove himself the real deal then we will be back to and surpass where we were pre Martinez.

Ok, it was a disappointing last day of the window, but let's be realistic, not signing Sissoko was really good news. It's pretty clear beyond any doubt now that he is a genuine bellend, and would have been a liability for us, further draining the wage bill. So, trying to put a brave face on it, things could have been worse.....

You're trying to pass on opinion as fact

Joking aside let me try to bring some perspective to the window. This is all based on opinion and rumours as we all are.

First of all we went for Witsel, Malta and koulibaly. Witsel said yes then played us until juventus makes a move.
Juanito Mata is apparently needed for the squad according to mourinho.
Koulibaly would probably only leave for champions league - plus their owner is very hard to deal with.

They are the top three targets according to most, I'm happy we tried to get the quality but right now we need to step up to the top 6 before these players really consider us.

We moved on to Bolasie who we overpaid for, probably wasn't plan A, but for once Everton steamrolled a PL rival and said were rich and we're having him. Jury still out on him.

We signed a solid leader in Ashley Willian's, again we went to Swansea and said we want him name your price. At this point I'm feeling a funny feeling in my stomach, this isn't Everton !

Gana Gueye ? Looks a cracker for £8m, again plan A ? Probably not but Barry isn't exactly 21 is he ? Good buy so far.

Stekelenberg is number 2 but we didn't panic buy in splashing £30m on Joe Hart who apparently wanted a loan deal to think things through. Stekky to his family and Mikey Fitz, has started well, let's give him time.

Others such as Gabbiadini was very close, but Napoli wanted a replacement and didn't find what they wanted, fair play to them, if we sold rom with no Plan To replace we would all poop the bed in anger, bet Wetters would be basic training to supporting Everton fc.

Mousse Sissoko is a dodged bullet to most.

Overall the window was underwhelming but we come out stronger IMO, shame we didn't get some exotic Totty like Berardi or Ziyech but we can't change that. Really gutted about Bony if I'm honest.

Questions need to be asked, heads need to roll, but to see us bring in real quality will need to build slowly and get back amongst the top 6. Maybe then we will see some progress in all areas. stadium issue needs to be addressed ASAP.

How we do against west brim before we had to bring rom on mate?

we were poor Steve.

But equally so we were very very good without him against Spurs.

Different teams, different set-ups.

Against West Brom we lacked a focal point against a back four of CBs until Rom came on. Wasn't the case against Spurs where there was plenty of room in behind.

Look at the positives. At least you didn't waste your day.

Just past 7am here mate...just went to sleep as normal...woke up expecting a Christmas morning situation and greeted with a donkey (valencia) with no reindeer in sight.

Pretty clear it was sell to buy all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back