Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
@The Esk ...you have either been played for a fool [Mata, Koulibaly, Witsel [he's ours], Carvalho [Bump]] or you have played us for the fool...if the former, I hope you have learnt your lesson re jumping the gun...if the latter, then you are a chop of the highest order...either way, no impartial person on this forum [and by that I mean not fellow Mods, Chicoazul and the like] will ever believe another word you type...

And, IF this whole saga was to get more clicks, views for your thread sponsor and hence more traffic for this website...well...

The lesson to be learned here is to not take rumours/leaked information as gospel. Take it with a pinch of salt unless its on the club site/twitter/facebook. At the end of the window, Everton have been left in the corner of the club supping on a half empty pint - turned down by all the fit birds.

All it took to strengthen the feelgood factor was an £11m Ziyech, a Bony loan or a Timo Horn enquiry

I wasn't bothered about how much money we were going to spend - Of all the mooted transfers this summer I was probably most excited about Ghezzal

The net spend stuff is of no importance - The fact remains that we never really sorted out the GK situation, we have very little attacking creativity in the middle of the pitch, and we have 1 striker

I expected these 3 things to be sorted at the very minimum (Not in the bed-wetting, 'I want everything yesterday' Veruca salt way) - Just in the 'Let's have a functioning squad' way

It's been a pretty grim day hasn't it?

Im happy with stekkers - hasnt put a foot wrong so far

We've come out of this transfer window with a much improved squad. Just because you are underwhelmed doesn't mean it was a failure

Probably shouldn't get wound up so easily by the media

It is not much improved at all and it is nothing to do with the media. I think that in the short term we have marginally improved the first XI with the additions of Williams and Gana. However, we haven't addressed the glaring deficiencies in the XI nor in the squad.

It's poor and we shouldn't dress it up otherwise.

However, I still believe that Koeman can make a good fist of it and I think we will have an OK season with what we have.

Window Summary....

Bony - Would of been great but the Loaning team would of had to promise first team football. Stoke can offer that and realistically we could not - We would of signed him permanently if Rom left.

Rom - He stays for now but on what terms...Europe?..CL......'watch who we sign before the window shuts' etc? He can't be happy with the days activities.

Witsel - Mercenary...Like most of the big money imports in the Russian leagues. [Poor language removed] him.

Sissoko - This may sound bitter but he's a sewer rat mercenary too if tonight's reports are correct. Hope you get piles sat on the Spurs bench you clown. So glad this one got away for so many reasons.

McGeady - Had to go

Niasse, Oviedo, Cleverly, Gibson, Kone - All should of went

The other Kone - Would of been nice but Moyes was stubborn.

Galloway - Surprised we let him go without adding another defender.

Valencia - The sacrificial lamb - The player we signed to try and just ever so slightly appease us fans, I actually feel sorry for him. I hope he does well.....Oh and we signed some posh Kid with a double barreled name.

Koeman - Angry and frustrated

Mosh - Failed his first major test

Kenwright and Co - just [Poor language removed] leave

What would of been nice? Without quoting unrealistic targets.... Getting an amazing CM player who wasnt a mercenary, Using McCarthy as bait to get Kone, A player who could both play CAM and also replace Rom if injured and a new Goalkeeper.

Positives? Holgate, Gueye, A better squad than this time last year and 7 points out of 9 and unless we had been seriously duped we should have a [Poor language removed] load of money to spend moving forward.

Do I still Love the Blues? Absofeckinlutely!

Lots of truth here. Glad we missed Sissoko and Witsel, both can be great on their day but their attitudes are woeful. Id rather see Tom Davies or Kieran Dowell or Liam Walsh get a game before either of them.

Young players need a chance. Coleman and Brownings injuries meant we had to play Holgate and he has flourished. Same with Galloway last season. We still have Pennington and Browning to cond back from injury with both looking promising. Give them a chance.

It's important to say that we've made decent signings, and that we are stronger than we were at the start of the window.

Also that we're not woefully short in any position. We can all point to ways we'd like to strengthen the squad, but we're in ok shape, we do have options.

It's just that those options aren't strong enough to push for a top 4 place.

OK, never rule anything out, remember Leicester etc. But on a sober analysis our squad does not look top 4. So why when we've got tens of millions to spend do we not spend it ? No doubt someone will prove that we spent a lot more than we think when wages, agents fees and everything are taken into account, but that's not the point. We had so much more Moshiri and Sky money which we never used. And yes there were reasons why we missed out on various targets. But look at all the players who moved during the window, even those who went to non Champions League clubs. How many of those could have improved our squad ? There were so many opportunities missed. That's why fans are saying that this window has been a failure. All I'd say is don't blame Moshiri. Blame those who were in charge of our transfer business.
Who that went to non champions league teams would have improved us massively? Bony was an obvious one that has been mentioned but he wouldn't have been happy on the bench here.

Not sure why Walsh is getting such a kicking, he can only identify and line up the kind of targets he's told we want. His bit is the leading the horse to the water, not the making it drink bit, surely?

Truth is we're still at the stage of selling the project, which to all intents and purposes right now is selling a dream, one that includes Champions League next season or the one after. If a club with Champions League jam today to offer a player matches our bid & wage offer it's a no brainer, and it'll continue to be so till we get there.

We're not going to achieve this by somehow miraculously signing Champions League quality players now. We have to "do a Leicester" to an extent before we can compete for signings of that level.

No earthly idea why we had all our eggs in the Sissoko basket tonight, should have been listening to Walsh far more IMO as to decent lesser known grafters that could be the Gueye equivalent for a GK, RB & Striker (and Valencia ain't it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back