Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
@The Esk ...you have either been played for a fool [Mata, Koulibaly, Witsel [he's ours], Carvalho [Bump]] or you have played us for the fool...if the former, I hope you have learnt your lesson re jumping the gun...if the latter, then you are a chop of the highest order...either way, no impartial person on this forum [and by that I mean not fellow Mods, Chicoazul and the like] will ever believe another word you type...

And, IF this whole saga was to get more clicks, views and traffic for this website...well...

It's not the esk lad who would bother me. It's all his hanger's on that I would worry for. There is no itk person. Never was never will be. I didn't believe 1 post he made in relation to itk signings.Then again when it comes it itk about anything from anyone re signings or anything official I ain't beliving any of them. I would be of the understanding that this site is for view points and if the esk had a self view point on something other than untrue itk rubbish then I would gladly read it.

To be honest, I was getting desperate today as well. I stopped thinking about all the money we were offering for fairly inconsistent players and just wanted to have a big name or two to cheer for and make me feel better.

First thing this is going to do is likely delay our move into the top four. There's no doubt we're better than last season but top 6 is probably more of a realistic goal.

Second thing is that I 100% believe we still have a good amount of money to spend. How much is unclear but it is clear to me that we went after many, many players and would have spent much more if we had managed to get both the clubs and players to agree. Not spending it on desperation buys this window may turn out to be a good thing as it means that money will be available in later windows. That's something to look forward to (although I agree that it's massively disapointing right now). Hopefully we can show enough improvement that world class players will be more willing to come play for Everton.

I won't lie, I'm a little depressed right now. A good way to improve that is for Everton to continue winning. If we do that, I'll very quickly forget about this strange window.

Your original post which I responded to was

Now you put yourself forward as someone who's fairly close to the business, so, on the assumption that's true, you know how the system works. Players will join the best club for them, which is based on a combination of money and their ambitions.

If players can go to a club where they see a short term benefit and clubs can offer European football, then that's where they'll go. Chanxes are they'll move on within three or four years.

Of the realistic targets that we've actually been in for, there's really only Sissoko we've missed out on. The likes of Witsel, Mata and Carvalho were always long shots.

For sure, the end to the window has been disappointing, but we didn't seem to be really interested in the likes of Bony and Hart. We could, and should have done better, but when someone who professes to be a professional in or around this area comes up with words and phrases like "disaster" and "complete shambles" then please don't expect me to take you too seriously.

Of players worth noting, Howard, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar and Stones have left the club. Hibbert, Osman abd Pienaar barely featured last year.

Howard's been replaced by the Dutch keeper who I can't spell, which at first glance seems to be an upgrade.

Stones has been replaced by Williams. Undoubtedly Stones is the more talented footballer but William is probably a better fit for us as a team.

Gana has been added and, again at first glance appears to be a good addition.
I'm on the fence with Bolassie.

Holgate's coming through and Davies and perhaps one or two others as well.

Overall, the squad's probably improved from the end of last season. We've missed out on targets which would have improved us more, but our recent league positions mean we're negogiating with one hand tied behind our back.

What I see is a disappointing end to a window which, with a couple of other signings would have been a pretty good one, but if you want to still want to call it a disgrace then go right ahead and fume.

It's important to say that we've made decent signings, and that we are stronger than we were at the start of the window.

Also that we're not woefully short in any position. We can all point to ways we'd like to strengthen the squad, but we're in ok shape, we do have options.

It's just that those options aren't strong enough to push for a top 4 place.

OK, never rule anything out, remember Leicester etc. But on a sober analysis our squad does not look top 4. So why when we've got tens of millions to spend do we not spend it ? No doubt someone will prove that we spent a lot more than we think when wages, agents fees and everything are taken into account, but that's not the point. We had so much more Moshiri and Sky money which we never used. And yes there were reasons why we missed out on various targets. But look at all the players who moved during the window, even those who went to non Champions League clubs. How many of those could have improved our squad ? There were so many opportunities missed. That's why fans are saying that this window has been a failure. All I'd say is don't blame Moshiri. Blame those who were in charge of our transfer business.

Really?

Underwhelming last week, certainly. Overall five solid additions who improve us - though maybe not to the quality we imagined.

Oh, and key, a manager who knows how to manage a Premier League football team

This is the richest Everton have ever been and we've spent sod all.

I'm not down on the team. It think Koeman is doing a good job but we are a hard working defensive team with a top striker. There's actually very little quality.

A bit like a Moyes team actually except with someone who will get us goals. If we stay injury free I think we have a shot at Europa League.

However that's a big IF.

There's plenty of quality in the team lad
Barkley has taken his game up this season, idrissa looks to be the best destroyer we've had in over a decade

Then we've got del bolaise miralles and lennon as our wing option plus lukaku
To top that all off we've just added a striker that man utd were courting to a team that based on the other day would be perfectly at home in the championship (the under 23s) meaning we have a great pool of talent coming through

Every little ting is gonna be alright

My ITK chum unsurprisingly went very quiet.

Can't help but feel that the air of secrecy from the club, coupled with the little snippets about 'marquee' signings was just propaganda to try and make us more attractive to the players we tried to sign.

The reality is we had nothing lined up, nobody was privy to any real ITK knowledge as it was all bollocks and none of these players actually intended to sign for us.

I think the Sissoko debacle followed by the 'fantastic' news of signing Valencia on loan just about sums up were we are as a club at the moment.

Over to you Koeman to try and make us an attractive proposition in the future...
Just admit it. You were talking waffle and only you know why.

Window Summary....

Bony - Would of been great but the Loaning team would of had to promise first team football. Stoke can offer that and realistically we could not - We would of signed him permanently if Rom left.

Rom - He stays for now but on what terms...Europe?..CL......'watch who we sign before the window shuts' etc? He can't be happy with the days activities.

Witsel - Mercenary...Like most of the big money imports in the Russian leagues. [Poor language removed] him.

Sissoko - This may sound bitter but he's a sewer rat mercenary too if tonight's reports are correct. Hope you get piles sat on the Spurs bench you clown. So glad this one got away for so many reasons.

McGeady - Had to go

Niasse, Oviedo, Cleverly, Gibson, Kone - All should of went

The other Kone - Would of been nice but Moyes was stubborn.

Galloway - Surprised we let him go without adding another defender.

Valencia - The sacrificial lamb - The player we signed to try and just ever so slightly appease us fans, I actually feel sorry for him. I hope he does well.....Oh and we signed some posh Kid with a double barreled name.

Koeman - Angry and frustrated

Mosh - Failed his first major test

Kenwright and Co - just [Poor language removed] leave

What would of been nice? Without quoting unrealistic targets.... Getting an amazing CM player who wasnt a mercenary, Using McCarthy as bait to get Kone, A player who could both play CAM and also replace Rom if injured and a new Goalkeeper.

Positives? Holgate, Gueye, A better squad than this time last year and 7 points out of 9 and unless we had been seriously duped we should have a [Poor language removed] load of money to spend moving forward.

Do I still Love the Blues? Absofeckinlutely!

My ITK chum unsurprisingly went very quiet.

Can't help but feel that the air of secrecy from the club, coupled with the little snippets about 'marquee' signings was just propaganda to try and make us more attractive to the players we tried to sign.

The reality is we had nothing lined up, nobody was privy to any real ITK knowledge as it was all bollocks and none of these players actually intended to sign for us.

I think the Sissoko debacle followed by the 'fantastic' news of signing Valencia on loan just about sums up were we are as a club at the moment.

Over to you Koeman to try and make us an attractive proposition in the future...

Koeman is already on his way back to Holland mate, needs time to review his position at the club. We promised him the world and delivered the equivalent of Slough, he's not happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back