Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
we were poor Steve.

But equally so we were very very good without him against Spurs.

Different teams, different set-ups.

Against West Brom we lacked a focal point against a back four of CBs until Rom came on. Wasn't the case against Spurs where there was plenty of room in behind.

Spurs allowed us to counter and west brim didn't mate, simple as that, any team that sits back we will struggle against with with no genuine playmaker, without Rom against those teams we are screwed, and Valencia is an utterly horrendous second choice striker, pace and that's it, and looked a shadow of the mediocre player he looked pre injuries, seriously we just loaned west hams fourth choice striker, a team whose weakness is not having a really even average striker there......

This has to happen.

Full stop.

I think it will mate. And i'm pretty confident that targets will be identified early doors and they WILL be moved for in Jan.

If that doesn't happen then I will be concerned.

As it stands overall our business has been good, but not of the level needed. There's a variety of factors for that but I do believe one of them in the case of the late deals this week has been down to some ineptitude on our part (which before, i.e. Witsel, Carvs whoever) it wasn't. These were realistic transfers we SHOULD have got over the line.

As a whole - as I said I'd judge the window when it's shut - a 6/10.

Gueye, Stek, Williams, Bollasie, Valencia - IN

Osman, Howard, Stones, Pienaar, Hibbert, McGeady, Garbutt, Galloway, Tarashaj - OUT

We're definitely stronger, especially when you factor in the emergence of Holgate and the fact we've still got Coleman to come back.

However, we needed one to two more at least this week and the fact that they've failed to materialise has slanted me more to @ToffeeTim 's p.o.v

However, I also don't think this is a lack of money, but it's a lack of skill and craft and while we have always had good nous in the market, we need to move to the next level.

First off, that has to come ON the pitch, and now the players in the squad need to give their ALL (as they will have to under Koeman) to be the best and build on this excellent start.

The next few months will tell us exactly what will be required/who will go in Jan. IF, come then, we don't get the reinforcements we need, then I'll be concerned.

I said I'd only be concerned at the end of this window if we'd failed to do business that improved us. That hasn't happened - we have improved - both player wise and off the pitch.

Gotcha so he isn't involved in the deals at all? Yeah I believe that.

Gerbs, of course he doesn't sit around the negotiating table.

He actually said it himself last week - 'I don't like to be on a phone or behind a desk. I prefer to be on the pitch with the squad'.

He'll identify who he wants, and then will only get involved when it comes to actually speaking to the player...

Deluded. However let's have some blind faith.

I need to rationalise the thousands of pounds somehow.

"Deluded" yeah that's a well reasoned response

How about you rebutt my argument by showing me how you think the squad and first 11 have not been improved in this transfer window

Or is it easier to moan

And to your earlier point that Everton are richer now, well so is every other club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back