Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK mate, your privy to the inner workings and plans of the club

Did i say anything about what the plans where?

I simply stated an example of how the STTC rules work and ways they can be used to a teams advantage.

BTW, bit funny though as about ten posts earlier you showed you have absolutely zero understandings of how the rules work anyway, but then again you are... well let's just leave it blank and let people make their own minds up about what you are shall we?
@MartyMcFly we look forward to your response.

Fachts.
  • We're in a stronger position now than we were come the end of last season.
  • The club is making obvious strides toward a stadium on the docks.
  • We've strengthened every area of our squad.
  • We've bid £30m for a jarg player in desperation, so money is obviously there.
  • We have a new ambitious manager that knows hows to settle a defence.
The way heads are rolling off, you'd think we're bottom of the league with no strikers or goalkeepers.
As if Koeman is going to stick around after this farce. He's been sold up s*** creek.

Hell be at Arsenal next season, if not somewhere else.

Who is taking money out of where? That just sounds like a vague unsubstantiated moan to be honest.

Going back to your previous moan, are you saying we had to have spent more than the Stones and TV money for you to be happy?
To make me happy, I would have liked us to have two quality players in each position. If that had cost less than that great. If it cost more then that's what we should have been spending. We are screwed if Rom, or even Barry, get injured.

We weren't ruthless enough, we hung on waiting for Witsel and the like instead of saying there's the offer and if you haven't responded by a certain date the offer will be withdrawn. Typical dithering by Everton. We need to get business done early in the window next time.

Last edited:
As if Koeman is going to stick around after this farce. He's been sold up s*** creek.

Hell be at Arsenal next season, if not somewhere else.

It's a decent point.

I think Wenger will go at the end of the season and if Koeman steadies the Everton ship and we get into say the top 8 he will be well placed for the Arsenal job.

So why did we go for unrealistic targets if this is the case?

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact Moyes and Martinez had their hands tied compared to now...yet more times than not, performed well in the window.

Now we go into a window in a more comfortable position...We struggle for new reasons.
What did Blue_Boss or whatever his name is say last night. We used those high profile targets to try and convince one marquee signing Everton was a team worth going to but in reality we were never seriously in for them.

Well I think it's obvious we were genuinely in for Witsel. He had one year left on his deal so wouldn't be too expensive. He played in Russia. Belgium. An Everton signing through and through.

The rest I very much doubt it. In fact I even think Carvalho may have come much to the surprise of the board and then it was them that pulled the plug because they didn't really want him.

Who really knows what goes on with this club. I'm sure that info will come out in time. It always does.

1. Brilliant, we binned off the most promising centre half of his generation.
2. Purchased Fulham's reserve keeper. Result.
3. Swapped the most promising defender of his generation for a 32 year old who has won nothing from a team who have never finished higher than 8th in the top flight.
4. Bought a winger who played for Crystal Palace and the fans of that team were delighted with the near £30M, yep £30M, we paid.
5. Good signing by all accounts.
6. Garbage player. From a garbage team. Garbage.
Things will never be (different) the same.

To reply to some of the above.
1. So we should have kept a player who patently did not want to be at the club. Someone who, in the summer of 2015, handed in a WRITTEN transfer request. You clearly have no idea about running any kind of team at any level, nor the dynamics involved in working with a sporting team and keeping the morale, confidence, etc. of that team up. Stones did not want to play for Everton any longer, and that was evidenced in his performances last season. If you do not understand this, then there really is nothing more I can say on the subject...
2. Our goalkeeper stock last season was Howard & Robles. Not exactly the strongest duo. Stek has shown in his appearances this season that he is a step up from those two. Buying a player from a lesser team is no reason to denigrate them. Tim Cahill would have something to say about that. Oh, and I recall we bought a goalkeeper from a 'no-mark' team quite some time ago. His name was Gordon West, from Blackpool...
3. See '1' above. I would also say that probably 99% of Premier League players have won nothing at top flight level. You reasoning is flawed...
4. Any team picking up £30 million will be delighted (well, their supporters will be). Doesn't mean the player is no good, nor that he will not develop and improve in a different team under a different Manager.
6. Sweeping statement, with no foundation in fact. That 'garbage' team finished above us last season and got into Europe. Where have we been the last two seasons? On the slide, that's where.

It's people like you, who show total negativity, who really have nothing to contribute to a discussion/debate. Having available large sums of money is no guarantee of attracting better/top players. Our performances and finishing positions in the last two seasons have shown that. The club has to almost start again and have a great season to restore its credibility, after Martinez all but destroyed it with his 'Wigan' mentality. Again, if you can't see that, then there is nothing more to say on the subject...

OK mate, your privy to the inner workings and plans of the club

Did i say anything about what the plans where?

I simply stated an example of how the STTC rules work and ways they can be used to a teams advantage.

BTW, bit funny though as about ten posts earlier you showed you have absolutely zero understandings of how the rules work anyway, but then again you are... well let's just leave it blank and let people make their own minds up about what you are shall we?
I think they're put in place to stop teams from bankrupting themselves like what has happened to clubs in Italy.

A rich owner can get around them and that's by design. Look at City.

What clubs can't do is bet on short term success at the expense of long term stability and that's a good thing because that just fuels inflation even more.

1. So we should have kept a player who patently did not want to be at the club. Someone who, in the summer of 2015, handed in a WRITTEN transfer request. You clearly have no idea about running any kind of team at any level, nor the dynamics involved in working with a sporting team and keeping the morale, confidence, etc. of that team up. Stones did not want to play for Everton any longer, and that was evidenced in his performances last season. If you do not understand this, then there really is nothing more I can say on the subject...
2. Our goalkeeper stock last season was Howard & Robles. Not exactly the strongest duo. Stek has shown in his appearances this season that he is a step up from those two. Buying a player from a lesser team is no reason to denigrate them. Tim Cahill would have something to say about that. Oh, and I recall we bought a goalkeeper from a 'no-mark' team quite some time ago. His name was Gordon West, from Blackpool...
3. See '1' above. I would also say that probably 99% of Premier League players have won nothing at top flight level. You reasoning is flawed...
4. Any team picking up £30 million will be delighted (well, their supporters will be). Doesn't mean the player is no good, nor that he will not develop and improve in a different team under a different Manager.
6. Sweeping statement, with no foundation in fact. That 'garbage' team finished above us last season and got into Europe. Where have we been the last two seasons? On the slide, that's where.

It's people like you, who show total negativity, who really have nothing to contribute to a discussion/debate. Having available large sums of money is no guarantee of attracting better/top players. Our performances and finishing positions in the last two seasons have shown that. The club has to almost start again and have a great season to restore its credibility, after Martinez all but destroyed it with his 'Wigan' mentality. Again, if you can't see that, then there is nothing more to say on the subject...

Well said mate. We need to rid the forum of these FIFA obsessed mutants as soon as possible.

OB2 you have summarised my thoughts very well

To make me happy, I would have liked us to have two quality players in each position. If that had cost less than that great. If it cost more then that's what we should have been spending. We are screwed if Rom, or even Barry, get injured.

I think two quality players in each position would be an ambition for us a couple of seasons down the line, if we do have the money that is claimed. But for this window I do think we have not covered the areas we should have covered. Hopefully Valencia proves adequate cover, because as you say we look as if we will struggle if Rom is injured or somehow continues on his non-scoring streak without real competition. Creativity was badly needed too. We have 7pts on the board, but to me still looked quite pedestrian for parts of those games. We still have too many hot and cold type players and are relying on our previously reliable players getting back to the form we are used to from them.

However as you state yourself, those purchases don't necessarily have to cost big bucks.....just that we spend well. So to bring it back to your original complaint though it's not about the total money spent it's about who we have or haven't gotten in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back