Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's this kind of apologism for low standards that has kept this club in the doldrums for 30 years. Being satisfied with ageing short term replacements and players rejected by other teams of a similar standing and then dressing it up as progress is standard Everton defeatism. And if you can't see that then there really is nothing more I can say on the subject

Read my other posts. I have said that we are having to rebuild our credibility as a club that top players would want to go to, as a result of the Martinez train-wreck of the past 2 seasons. That doesn't happen overnight. That's all.

Love people pretending to be happy with the way the window went, I'm sure even Koeman was far from satisfied, but I guess if it makes people feel like a 'superfan' then crack on.

I think the disapointing aspect that the promise that we could 'now compete financially with any club in the world' just wasn't true at all.
Players will go anywhere if you throw enough money at them.

A written transfer request is usually the last resport of a player who wants away, and therefore tries to force it through.

I do not wish to be in dispute with you. I think it was an example of a want-away player trying to force the club's hand. That is not a good situation for the club/team going into a new season. Surely most would have seen that...

Your last paragraph: ditto for me.

But I am not disputing that the player wanted away. Nor am I talking about what a transfer request is. Nor what the situation is an example of. Nor whether it is good or not.

You don't seem to be replying to what I am talking about. Not sure why :)

I think it's been a fairly successful transfer window. Only thing I would've like to have seen was a behind-the-striker/attacking midfielder for Ross Barkley to compete with. Feeling very 'meh' with the Valencia signing. Would have preferred to keep Tarashaj in the squad.

Look.

As much i am negative about the last two months, i am still optimistic for the new season. As dissapointed as i and many others are, at the end of the day this season is still going to be a good one for us. I fully trust Koeman to turn us into a competent unit and top 6 is definitely achievable this season which has to be the aim all along, pending us doing better than that.

The league will be tough this season and my biggest fear is injuries to key players at the wrong time, koeman can go into a downward spiral at times so it wouldn't help things without a true attacking back up or numbers in midfield. But take all that away, truth is this season is still a positive one for all us fans and let's be honest, for all the fume we aren't going to not turn up this season either way so we have to just get behind the team now and push on.

So yeah, Transfer window is over, i don't expect much activity in January so 'we go with what we have got' so to speak and let us just enjoy the season knowing full well we can have a bit of faith in our manager again for the first time in a few years. Any pleasant suprises along the way are most welcome, especially Davies / Valencia / Gibson / Bolasie.

Im happy with everything but deadline day. Had we brought a high end striker, I would have been more than happy. Not sure Valencia fits the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back