Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm OK'ish with what we got! I never really believed any of those big names would come to us, we just aren't an attractive enough proposition without European football to tip the balance! I expect Ron to get us into the Europa League for next season, then we should get in a few big hitters! As it stands, i am just looking forwards to watching the match again, after two seasons of dreading it. I am still on anhigh about that, so this poor window cannotget me too down. COYB!

Injury for me, he's never been that good at defending anyway - Martinez if anything should have enhanced his attacking prowess however it's just gone backwards.
True.

Can't even remember the last time he rattled a free kick in. Remember two years ago his two perfect free kicks against West Ham? Feels like a different player nowadays.

Shame, have loved him for us, but he's def on the way out sooner rather than later.

You've literally taken words out of my mouth. Or from my keyboard. However that works.
Thanks mate. I think we'd all love nothing more than for Baines to regain his form from 2014, but can't see it unfortunately. No reason why not though; his game has never revolved around speed. I guess he just struggles with fitness too much nowadays to impact our attacking play too much.

Thanks mate. I think we'd all love nothing more than for Baines to regain his form from 2014, but can't see it unfortunately. No reason why not though; his game has never revolved around speed. I guess he just struggles with fitness too much nowadays to impact our attacking play too much.
Wouldn't we all! But honestly i've called for him to be replaced recently too, we've conceded some silly and important goals down to his own lack of defensive responsibility. I couldn't even tell you what's changed. Perhaps it IS solely the Pienaar link up play he's missing. But that gap should have been filled the moment Pienaar was finished.

Even then it doesn't explain his lack of boss free kicks. Surely no matter what if you can take a free kick, you can take a free kick?

Wouldn't we all! But honestly i've called for him to be replaced recently too, we've conceded some silly and important goals down to his own lack of defensive responsibility. I couldn't even tell you what's changed. Perhaps it IS solely the Pienaar link up play he's missing. But that gap should have been filled the moment Pienaar was finished.

Even then it doesn't explain his lack of boss free kicks. Surely no matter what if you can take a free kick, you can take a free kick?
His play with Pienaar was a joy to behold. Without doubt the best defender/midfielder partnership I've seen in my lifetime at Everton.

Also agree regarding Baines' defensive issues. He stands off far too much, caused far too many goals last season due to the combination of him standing off, Howard refusing to leave his line and our centre backs being unable to head a ball. (n)lol

Pienaar is key to this, made Baines look world class. I hope his form with Bolasie is emulated because he's willing to track back and is similar mold of player.
The problem therein is that Pienaar was an exceptionally intelligent and quick-thinking footballer, while Bolasie is more likely to pass the ball straight out of play then do a quick one-two with Baines. Yard dog, cart horse, waste of money, take your pick. I ain't a fan of Bolasie, you can probably tell.

His play with Pienaar was a joy to behold. Without doubt the best defender/midfielder partnership I've seen in my lifetime at Everton.

Also agree regarding Baines' defensive issues. He stands off far too much, caused far too many goals last season due to the combination of him standing off, Howard refusing to leave his line and our centre backs being unable to head a ball. (n)lol
Bainaar. Every team in the league was fearful of them two. Through balls, tiki taka, one-twos.

The best bit was though, Pienaar won the free kicks and Baines bagged 'em.

Sigh

This is why we need a new Stadium pronto to help increase our commercial deals, which are pathetic to say the least. The big clubs can spend all year round because of their huge commercial income 24/7, whereas we have to wait for the Sky Money, a Sale or Turnstile income to begin spending large sums.

What you say is true, but things were supposed to be different. People were making out as if Moshiri was going to invest in the club so that we wouldn't have to wait for money to arrive, or have to sell to buy etc.

The problem therein is that Pienaar was an exceptionally intelligent and quick-thinking footballer, while Bolasie is more likely to pass the ball straight out of play then do a quick one-two with Baines. Yard dog, cart horse, waste of money, take your pick. I ain't a fan of Bolasie, you can probably tell.
I've never really thought Bolasie was a great player from an outsiders point of view, however i'm definitely going to judge him as an Everton player over the course of this season (and try to forget about the price).

So far he's been alright. Some good crosses on him to be fair, and really should have at least an assist to his name already.

However he really knows how to balloon one over the bar.

You basically stated as fact that Stones played poorly purely because he didn't want to be at the club. Seemingly implying that any player that wanted a move will not perform because they don't want to be at the club.

I offered other reasons as to why a young player might play badly, and denounced you in front of the whole forum for stating opinions as fact. Thus shaming you.

You went on to not understand my post and talk about stuff I wasn't talking about, and we ended up here.

It's been a right rollercoaster. I hope you have learned as much as I have.

Do you not understand that he wanted away in the summer of 2015?

Do you not understand that his non-move would influence his attitude to the club in not allowing him to move to a team with Champions league?

Do you not understand that such a scenario would have an effect on the young lad? To the likely event that performance would suffer?

The mistakes he made may be put down to over-confidence; the performance level, certainly not. It was quite plain to see (well, to most people, but obviously not you).

You denounced me in front of the whole forum? What kind of fantasy world are you living in?

You shamed me? What kind of fantasy world are you living in? You are hilarious!

Don't kid yerself. I can learn absolutely nothing from you...

Get off yer bike, and start understanding football, and footballers...

Do you not understand that he wanted away in the summer of 2015?

Do you not understand that his non-move would influence his attitude to the club in not allowing him to move to a team with Champions league?

Do you not understand that such a scenario would have an effect on the young lad? To the likely event that performance would suffer?

The mistakes he made may be put down to over-confidence; the performance level, certainly not. It was quite plain to see (well, to most people, but obviously not you).

You denounced me in front of the whole forum? What kind of fantasy world are you living in?

You shamed me? What kind of fantasy world are you living in? You are hilarious!

Don't kid yerself. I can learn absolutely nothing from you...

Get off yer bike, and start understanding football, and footballers...

Stones didn't want to play for Everton.

I am glad stones left Everton.

Simple if you want to win things you want players to fight and put everything into the club.

Asking to be subbed in an embarrassment of a Merseyside Derby sums John stones up.

Imagine if we had the chance to play in that game we would of all took a broken leg and a head butt to fight for the royal blue...

We should want 11 players on the pitch who wish to be EVERTON PLAYERS and the crowd should be the 12th man....

If people want to keep mercenaries at the club they don't believe in NSNO.

What you say is true, but things were supposed to be different. People were making out as if Moshiri was going to invest in the club so that we wouldn't have to wait for money to arrive, or have to sell to buy etc.

I agree with the sentiment, but if we had secured those we were interested in and very close to buying we would have spent an additional 80m, and I'm including Kone in that amount @ 18m. For me, the fault lay in two areas, one: players wanted European football and two: our 'dealing' was pathetic to say the least. Personally I would have been very happy with Perez, Ghezzal and Kone, though Ghezzal refusing to join us led to Brahimi which would also have been a good signing. We need to be stronger and more ruthless when dealing with transfers, give then a short time frame to say yes or no then move on, not waste weeks allowing other teams to come in and nick a player because they can offer European football when we have done all the work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back