Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't follow your train of thought here mate.

Are you saying that you would have been happier with Gana and Stek if Robles and McCarthy had been sold, but Osman and Howard had stayed?

I don't get what he means at all?

I like Ash but fgs, Osman, Pienaar, McGeady, Howard and Hibbert last year had the same positive impact upon our squad as AIDS did in Africa.

It's ridiculous to say that replacing them with first-team players hasn't improved us.

Not to join a 'love-in' of any description but, thing is, as time passes I think you'll come to discover that much/most of the ESK's info was VERY near the mark if not absolutely 'spot on'...what one cannot compensate nor make allowances for is the fickle/often greedy nature of footballers and their entourage.

We were played like a Gypsy fiddle at times, I'm positive of that, disappointing as it was...

But I will say one thing...some of the barracking of the ESK from fellow blues (not you BTW mate) is a bit shameful really and continues to be so.

I suppose that's the price one pays on a forum though eh...it's mighty easy to be faceless and point.

*shakes head
See i think the bigger issue with Esks info to be fair was that it was very high profile. So if he was talking about bolasie and gueye then no-one would be too arsed. But the fact he mentioned players who were genuinely top players it caused the rift with attitudes because it would appear to the average forum member that it was talking out his arse. Especially when the likes of jose, mata, just seemed far too good to be true.

I have always maintained i personally believe Esk's info, face value like anyone else 'passing info on' but the fact we never signed these players should not be an indicator of the info being wrong, more so of how bad our board is at dealing with these transfers.

I have always maintained i personally believe Esk's info, face value like anyone else 'passing info on' but the fact we never signed these players should not be an indicator of the info being wrong, more so of how bad our board is at dealing with these transfers.
Yep. I agree with you here Ash.

Juventus couldn't sign Witsel either, does that mean their interest and bid were all a fabrication too?

I really don't follow your train of thought here mate.

Are you saying that you would have been happier with Gana and Stek if Robles and McCarthy had been sold, but Osman and Howard had stayed?

lol no. I'm saying the players we signed replaced those in the squad. the fact they displaced current players means they were good signings, but essentially they were signed as part of the squad and to be options.

Where have I said that FFS?

Ash - Bolasie is better than Pienaar (now). Stek is better than Howard. Valencia is better than McGeady or the other strikers that are still on books. Gueye is better than Osman. Williams is a better DEFENDER than Stones and more suitable for what we NEED right now (as good as Stones is, and he is class).

I agree on the back-ups, but your point about the team not improving is so, so wrong.

the fact the team has improved is based on good business by the club. there would not have been any point in signing equals to the players they replaced, so we signed better.

MY point overall is that we never signed anyone who walked into the first team. Gueye was bought specifically to do a role hence why he is there. turns out he was a good signing, wonderful. But Bolaisie/valencia/williams didn't necesserily walk into the team, the same way a better signing would have already been on the team sheet. If they play every week then it is on merit, but Koeman didn't sign Bolaise to purposely drop Del, or williams to puporsley drop Mori. If those players had a fantastic start to the season then they would have been still in the team.

Only gueye was signed genuinely as a player to perform a role in the team, and even at that he has had to make a step up in quality level to do it.

Your last few posts are rather rude to other posters and you seem to be getting a bit wound up.

I was going to respond to all of your initial incorrect points but as you dont want to have a debate i shall refrain from doing so until you cease with the insults.

I'm not posting insults, I'm posting my views. If you don't like them, tough...

And please point out all of my 'initial incorrect points' rather than just alluding to them.

A positive bi product of not strengthening the squad is that it will give a chance for some of our rising stars in the under 23s. I'm looking forward to seeing some of them given the opportunity to see what they can do.

Not to join a 'love-in' of any description but, thing is, as time passes I think you'll come to discover that much/most of the ESK's info was VERY near the mark if not absolutely 'spot on'...what one cannot compensate nor make allowances for is the fickle/often greedy nature of footballers and their entourage.

We were played like a Gypsy fiddle at times, I'm positive of that, disappointing as it was...

But I will say one thing...some of the barracking of the ESK from fellow blues (not you BTW mate) is a bit shameful really and continues to be so.

I suppose that's the price one pays on a forum though eh...it's mighty easy to be faceless and point.

*shakes head

Pellegrini has gone to Zenit
Januzai on loan
Martins Indi within 24 hours
Fully expected Mata to sign and for Emery to become manager.
Expected Hart to join. (The list goes on tbh)

Amazingly wasn't told any info about any players we did actually sign, or agreed fees for (Kone, Sissoko).

Not exactly my definition of 'spot on' tbh.
He overplayed his hand and then kept gambling based on flimsy media reports.

That's fine, but for people to still cling to his every word, it's embarrassing.

Sissoko is a tosser. Said he sat in London and never interested in coming to Everton. I can't wait for us to finish above the yids this season.
COYB.
Revenge will be sweet.

Januzai on loan

Amazingly wasn't told any info about any players we did actually sign, or agreed fees for (Kone, Sissoko).

That's fine, but for people to still cling to his every word, it's embarrassing.

We are all victims here of some bizarre social media experiment controlled by @The Esk.

Januzai on loan

This is an internet forum, people express views and opinions, its interesting and fun - get a life!
We are all (I hope) here because we support Everton, Hate all other teams and want us to be a winning team, not to hate or criticize or insult other posters - that is unless its inanely funny...

Sissoko is a tosser. Said he sat in London and never interested in coming to Everton. I can't wait for us to finish above the yids this season.
COYB.
Revenge will be sweet.
He was only ever interested in CL so we were a non-starter.We could have met the club valuations of a dozen players,but we finished outside the top ten,so we'll just have to get used to it, unless we can vastly improve this season.Good news is,even though it's early days we appear to be heading in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back