Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! I made a general point the other week that money buys success, and the best players cost the most money, and was given all manner of abuse and people throwing Leicester and Mahrez at me.
Money is the overriding factor of success in football.

Maybe you should tell Liverpool and Spurs that.

That their wage bill is dwarfed by the 4 most successful sides of the Premier League era? I suspect they know.

Just to expand on this. If on deadline day, we'd have signed 20 players, and put them all on 100k per week. Our wage bill still would not match Arsenals. And they are miles behind what Chelsea, United and City can pay.
That's the size of the challenge for those thinking we can now compete financially.
There will be anomalies, of course, it's sport. There will be great players who cost nothing, and once in a lifetime, a Leicester who win a league from nowhere, but as a rule, cash is king in the Premier League. We are still a long way down the ladder.

Just to expand on this. If on deadline day, we'd have signed 20 players, and put them all on 100k per week. Our wage bill still would not match Arsenals. And they are miles behind what Chelsea, United and City can pay.
That's the size of the challenge for those thinking we can now compete financially.
There will be anomalies, of course, it's sport. There will be great players who cost nothing, and once in a lifetime, a Leicester who win a league from nowhere, but as a rule, cash is king in the Premier League. We are still a long way down the ladder.

Give up now then eh? There is no beating oil money.

Just so I'm clear, you think trying, but not ultimately being able to buy a player, is better than never having been in for them in the first place? Sake.

I was commenting on that article that was clearly written by a complete moron who has never been in contact with the female of the species. More importantly, it was written by someone who has no facts, only opinion to suit their agenda. And yet someone on here quotes it as a reason why Brahimi wasn't signed. So you need me to simplify that for you or do you get it now?

I was commenting on that article that was clearly written by a complete moron who has never been in contact with the female of the species. More importantly, it was written by someone who has no facts, only opinion to suit their agenda. And yet someone on here quotes it as a reason why Brahimi wasn't signed. So you need me to simplify that for you or do you get it now?
I do need some simplification actually. You seem to be suggesting that our repeated failure to sign anyone of note is a positive. Whereas, not even trying to sign these people would have been idle defeatism. Are you a primary school PE teacher?

I do need some simplification actually. You seem to be suggesting that our repeated failure to sign anyone of note is a positive. Whereas, not even trying to sign these people would have been idle defeatism. Are you a primary school PE teacher?

Don't change the subject. I commented on the article being utter rubbish, you pulled me up on it. So please, explain where I was wrong?

Don't change the subject. I commented on the article being utter rubbish, you pulled me up on it. So please, explain where I was wrong?
Not changing the subject, just not chatting about the subject you would like to chat about. Once again, try to read it slowly, you were enraged with the idea that we were never in for The Algerian Kanchelskis, you were far more comfortable with the idea that we were just too incompetent to secure his signature. I thought that was weird. That's it really, top to bottom.

Not changing the subject, just not chatting about the subject you would like to chat about. Once again, try to read it slowly, you were enraged with the idea that we were never in for The Algerian Kanchelskis, you were far more comfortable with the idea that we were just too incompetent to secure his signature. I thought that was weird. That's it really, top to bottom.

Also sounds like a lot of the FIFA/FM playing virgins who have been pissing their pants for the past month.

Just so I'm clear, you think trying, but not ultimately being able to buy a player, is better than never having been in for them in the first place? Sake.

Ok, as you are clearly having some sort of mental block, I have quoted the history so there is no misunderstanding. So, as you can see, I commented on the article that was posted. So....

CAN....YOU.....EXPLAIN......WHERE......I......WAS......WRONG.....

Slow enough for you?

Ok, as you are clearly having some sort of mental block, I have quoted the history so there is no misunderstanding. So, as you can see, I commented on the article that was posted. So....

CAN....YOU.....EXPLAIN......WHERE......I......WAS......WRONG.....

Slow enough for you?

You missed this one out. It's really the most important one. As it provides all of the context. Stretford Blue suggests there was no bid. You get the huff. I ask, innocently, if you think it would be better if we had never bid or if we make a total mess of pursuing a player (again). You throw a major tantrum. Not attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back