Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see us spending a vast amount this summer to be honest, we will lose a lot of players due to contracts expiring and we will fill the holes in the squad.

The Keeper is unknown at the moment, suppose it depends on Robles, if hes good enough, think we will get an old head whos willing to sit on the bench and play in the cups, if hes not good enough, well theres Keepers out there that arent Jack Butland and dont cost 20m+. Most of our money should be spent on a number 8 of real quality, a door unlocker who is strong and can hold his own in midfield, then we probably need an attacking player who can play upfront, in the hole and on the left if needed, then maybe some cover at RB, depending on how "ready" Holgate and the rest of the young uns are, they will probably get a run out in pre-season to test the water.

Basically Robles is the key at the moment, hes the 1 player we aint really sure on, we must do everything to keep Lukaku, that will be a real battle IMO, hopefully Fozzy talks the talk and the lad is willing to bide his time and wait for the "project" to take shape.

We aint a million miles away, we havent been for years, under Moyes it was all about 3-4 players in key areas, currently its about 1-2 in key areas and we have some real quality as back up in certain areas. We have been outplayed only about 3-4 times this season, we have a squad full of very talented young players with bags of potential, if we can add 2 players of real quality in goal and at number 8 we can really have a good go at top 4 next season IMO.

The future is bright, IMO, it was looking bright anyway, my main concern was losing our better players and while I have major doubts about Lukaku, we defo have a better chance of keeping him than we did last week.

To all the kopites reading this, you are our after birth and will soon be in our shadow, enjoy your overpriced tier on our old ground and I will enjoy your tears when we sh1t on you every season. JFT39
Zat?

This in a nutshell really.

I would imagine 1 marquee signing one or 2 squad fillers and our usual year poaching of some young unknown potential to vanish into the youth team.

I'd be ok with that personally. Besides, we have some genuinely exciting talent pushing through the ranks and I'd rather those lads get a chance than to be stuck behind a more bloated squad.

Priority must be holding onto the talent we have.

Basically business as almost usual :p

I would expect the major changes will happen behind the scenes at least for the first year. Which, if we are being honest, is exactly what is needed.

COYB! :D

Yep totally agree, lets not spend money for the sake of spending money, not that I can imagine us doing that, not yet anyway, not under the current share set up, if things have moved on by June with regards that then things MIGHT be different.

But as you say, the main focus should happen behind the scenes, grow the commercial side and do something about the stadia.

Yep totally agree, lets not spend money for the sake of spending money, not that I can imagine us doing that, not yet anyway, not under the current share set up, if things have moved on by June with regards that then things MIGHT be different.

But as you say, the main focus should happen behind the scenes, grow the commercial side and do something about the stadia.

Wish I could 'like' this post twice or more - absolutely spot on.
Let's not rush in and do a RS by blowing gazillions on tosh - let's determine the areas of the squad that need addressing, research at least two potentials targets for each position and then move sensibly into the transfer market... all the time allowing our new business-minded major investor to guide the commercial side astutely to a. protect his own interest and b. strengthen every area of the club.

Oh, and Howard, Hibbert, Gibson, Kone, Osman, Pienaar and McGeady, there's no need to report for pre-season training lads.

I don't understand these "clear out the dead wood" shouts. Doesn't someone have to be willing to buy in order for you to sell? Fortunately Howard has another league irrationally excited to get him but the others might be tougher.

I don't understand these "clear out the dead wood" shouts. Doesn't someone have to be willing to buy in order for you to sell? Fortunately Howard has another league irrationally excited to get him but the others might be tougher.

Given that most of those are at the end of their contracts, and you can just let useless players go on free transfers, I don't think its that tough to get rid of all 7 of them. We'd barely even notice that 5 of them have gone, we would just be saving wages that were going nowhere.

Thing with Wayne is, the lads at the Club would love to have him around. He'd help the younger ones immensely, plus we now have someone in charge who would make full use of the marketing opportunities that would arise from signing Wayne Rooney; Englands top goal scorer.

Not just that, but Wayne Rooney returning home. Even Moses died in the wilderness.

Not just that, but Wayne Rooney returning home. Even Moses died in the wilderness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Prodigal_Son

According to the story, a father has two sons. The younger son asks for his inheritance before the father dies, and the father agrees. The younger son, after wasting his fortune (the word "prodigal" means "wastefully extravagant"), goes hungry during a famine, and becomes so destitute he longs to eat the same food given to hogs, unclean animals in Jewish culture. He then returns home with the intention of repenting and begging his father to be made one of his hired servants, expecting his relationship with his father is likely severed. Regardless, the father finds him on the road and immediately welcomes him back as his son and holds a feast to celebrate his return, which includes killing a fattened calf usually reserved for special occasions. The older son refuses to participate, stating that in all the time he has worked for the father, he never disobeyed him; yet, he did not even receive a goat to celebrate with his friends. The father reminds the older son that the son has always been with him and everything the father has belongs to the older son (his inheritance). But, they should still celebrate the return of the younger son because he was lost and is now found. It is the third and final part of a cycle on redemption

I am an atheist though, and not as charitably-minded. And Rooney is a long way from hungry.

Miralem Pjanic (a more attack minded playmaker than Barry), Andrei Yarmolenko, (need guaranteed class on the left to replace Pienaar), Brend Leno (goodbye Tim) and Wayne Rooney (just because).

Is love to see us sign some top class players like these guys.

Miralem Pjanic (a more attack minded playmaker than Barry), Andrei Yarmolenko, (need guaranteed class on the left to replace Pienaar), Brend Leno (goodbye Tim) and Wayne Rooney (just because).

Is love to see us sign some top class players like these guys.

hmmm...

shall we just wait and see haha. I know there's no harm in wish-lists but people need to manage their expectations.

First things first we need to get Barkley and hopefully Rom and Stones tied down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back