Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Handanovic would be nice and I think Rooney or Yarmolenko are doable.

But can we please stray away from this listing of targets just yet? It's not a slant on yourself at all mate but it's just a bit too FIFA-esque just yet - I need to be weaned onto the fact that we may have money slowly :D

Haha let me dream! "Sheikh Bill Kenwright, went to Spain, in his Lambourghini..... he brought home a manager.... Luis Enrique"

if new ownership means we stop buying and developing players like Stones, Besic, Galloway et al, and just go full-on cashed-up bogan, i am switching my vote in the other poll to no.

buying rooney would be like a fat, middle-aged clerical associate dropping 20k on a loan for a harley davidson, so he can cruise around the city centre imagining he's now james dean. instead, women laugh at him and teenagers make hurtful remarks about his ... ahem... ignition shaft. then six weeks later, it needs to be taken in for repairs. within a year, it's sitting in the garage collecting dust, while his increasingly discounted craigslist pleas go unnoticed.

there is no way we'd be able to pay as much as he would be worth to be a mascot for the MLS, or the official footballer of the Shanxi Industrial Development Corp. Import/Export Bank

swerve please!

if new ownership means we stop buying and developing players like Stones, Besic, Galloway et al, and just go full-on cashed-up bogan, i am switching my vote in the other poll to no.

buying rooney would be like a fat, middle-aged clerical associate dropping 20k on a loan for a harley davidson, so he can cruise around the city centre imagining he's now james dean. instead, women laugh at him and teenagers make hurtful remarks about his ... ahem... gear shaft. then six weeks later, it needs to be taken in for repairs. within a year, it's sitting in the garage collecting dust, while his increasingly discounted craigslist pleas go unnoticed.

swerve please!

.....Andy Gray and Peter Reid were seen by many to be past their best but won us a league. It takes all sorts and it's also about influence off the pitch. I'm not advocating a Rooney purchase but I'm fine with it if the manager feels it enhances the squad.

considering he will be getting scouted by others, plus the interest from Dortmund and Arsenal, we would have to offer signifcanlty more wages to lure him here which i don't want the club to do. your man Roydo said it himself, they left it to the summer, so a late surge on 4th aside, we can't deliver CL or currently europa either.

Its not pessamism, its just after a year of the rumour, you learn to give it up and move on, which is how i can appreciate NIasse lol

True but as he has said many times he wants to play in the Prem.

It sounds stupid but Dortmund can't compete with the wages we could offer. They would have to break their entire structure. I'm pretty sure that Reus and Hummels, there top earners, earn around about £60k p/week (so around 100k in Euros).

Our top earner already earns £75k p/week, and with the new TV money and investment we could be looking at more than that easily.

So it depends on the player as much as anything...

I'm not saying I'm certain we're gonna get him and to be honest if we don't then I'm not gonna be devastated or anything either. But I don't think it's out of the question and I wouldn't write the possibility off.

Its been a year mate. We aren't signing him! same way as riquelme / banaga/mouthino arent signing for us despite the rumours.

Yes we were interested, yes we went after him, probably even did last month as well. But Naisse signing pretty much proves we aren't getting him. highly doubt we would buy Naisse on;y to drop him a few months later in any grand scheme of the managers plan, especially for 13 million.

but FF time, Rooney / Butland would fill two roles straight away. make statments in the price of them as well. and english. so perfect. Ramsey if arsenal would be tempted to lowball an offer to us, which i doubt.

We are far more likely to sign Yarmolenko than we are Butland mate or Ramsey or Rooney

Naisse best position by miles is up front, the one time we have used him so far was up front, maybe gives a hint he is Lukakus back up rather than suddenly our answer to the left wing, his for in Russia was okay on the left first season, very good up front in his second season, he also came close to leaving last summer until given assurances about playing up front for Lokomotiv.

considering he will be getting scouted by others, plus the interest from Dortmund and Arsenal, we would have to offer signifcanlty more wages to lure him here which i don't want the club to do. your man Roydo said it himself, they left it to the summer, so a late surge on 4th aside, we can't deliver CL or currently europa either.

Its not pessamism, its just after a year of the rumour, you learn to give it up and move on, which is how i can appreciate NIasse lol

He turned down a mega offer from China.

How can I put this without saying what I have been asked not to say. ie, the reason(s) why he may prefer us to other clubs, even CL clubs.

Lets leave it at money is not his king. And he thrives in being a big fish in a Kiev sized pond. A similar situation at an English club could float his boat. Even more so if he had talked about said club outside of the circle of his agent/club owner.

How can I put this without saying what I have been asked not to say. ie, the reason(s) why he may prefer us to other clubs, even CL clubs.

Lets leave it at money is not his king. And he thrives in being a big fish in a Kiev sized pond. A similar situation at an English club could float his boat. Even more so if he had talked about said club outside of the circle of his agent/club owner.

Think this is the thing.

Similar to how Byram turned us down for W.Ham as he wanted first team football...

Like I said, I won't get my hopes up but I do think he's a target and will be in the summer.

It sounds stupid but Dortmund can't compete with the wages we could offer. They would have to break their entire structure. I'm pretty sure that Reus and Hummels, there top earners, earn around about £60k p/week (so around 100k in Euros).

Our top earner already earns £75k p/week, and with the new TV money and investment we could be looking at more than that easily.

I'm not saying I'm certain we're gonna get him and to be honest if we don't then I'm not gonna be devastated or anything either. But I don't think it's out of the question and I wouldn't write the possibility off.

With Klopp saying he wouldnt sign players from Dortmund and with our new investment and TV money perhaps we should go for the player you mention above...Marco Reus.

:) yeah, a bit of a stretch!

With the RS they list the worlds top players as potential signings, whilst we are pretty positive at least were relatively grounded!

The money isn't going to be the be all and end all with him mate, he turned down an absolutely insane contract from a Chinese club the other week

Dortumnd interest is fair enough - but when a player seems - which he does determined, to move to the premiership then it becomes less worrying, also got to think that the higher his price and wages rise to then Dortmund become less of a threat

Arsenal - depends if he wants to become a squad player or a central player at his next club?

As for the argument about wages - honestly mate this summer we will destroy the wage structure currently at the club anyway, we will have to to try keep Lukaku, Barkley and maybe Stones at the club - a lot of prem clubs will be doing likewise over the next few seasons tbf

Will say what my thinking on it is, he wouldn't sign for either Chelsea or Arsenal due to their links to Russian owners/major shareholders. He would be absolutely slaughtered in the media back home if he did so. Don't think that's the end of it and the only reason but think it would be something that factored.

Alternatively he loves the Beatles, loves the City and loved playing at Goodison ;)

He was quoted as saying he would rather play for Everton than Barca for the reason he would get games every few days instead of taking selfies with Messi. Also that his family would find him unbearable if he wasnt playing frequently.

No idea if thats something similar to what you were told to keep under your hat but seems like we would be a better fit than most clubs interested...especially as he named us just a week or so ago.

In a straight shoot out i wouldn't want us to go OTT with wages for him over say Arsenal but i'd be happy for the club to push a little further in that respect as the manager clearly wants him. It's just the longer it goes on, the less and less likely him signing will be in my eyes. Hell we had this with mouthino before porto snapped him up, or am i getting confused there?

We are far more likely to sign Yarmolenko than we are Butland mate or Ramsey or Rooney

Naisse best position by miles is up front, the one time we have used him so far was up front, maybe gives a hint he is Lukakus back up rather than suddenly our answer to the left wing, his for in Russia was okay on the left first season, very good up front in his second season, he also came close to leaving last summer until given assurances about playing up front for Lokomotiv.

i use them in a Fantasy football example mate lol because they are british and , its nice to be a succesful british team with british players. Rooney we arent going to pay wages for and ramsey won't be for sale. Butland i'd imagine would cost a fair few quid as well, more than i'd be comfortable us paying (unless we are now the mersey billionaires)

See i get everything you say mate, and all the updates have given me that shred of hope along the journey lol but after the summer turn around, the jan window where you said we were the only ones chasing him then, and now moving on into the summer, i can't get excited anymore because you think it and then....nothing. I hope we are still chasing him though come july, be fantastic to see the club in general chase the signature of the player Roberto wants rather than meekly give up.

I want to sign a second manager purely for defence. Probably be way more useful than a single signing could make.

.....the problem with that it's the job of the whole team to defend when the opposition get the ball. I don't mind the idea of a defensive coach to work with the back four shape and on set pieces etc but it all has to be an integrated and joined-up approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back