Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
First things first is get rid of deadwood... Howard is leaving now, but I'd like to see Gibson, Osman, Pienaar, McGeady etc all leaving permanently. They have no place in our squad now, though Osman could do a nice coaching role or something maybe he doesn't necessarily deserve to leave after his loyalty towards us in his career.

You can't ignore potential Stones, Cahills etc out there in the leagues but I would like us to be a little more calculated about them. (By this I mean with them at least being able to show/prove some impact during the season we signed them, unlike Henen etc disappearing)

Saying this though, we need talent. We need it now too. With the league so open, and teams around us like Hammers/Palace/Stoke etc all likely to spend further next year in an attempt to push higher up the league, we should be thinking about it too. Obviously only if the deal is right and going to improve our starting 11.

Who should we buy? Not a clue...
Yarmolenko would be extremely nice, and be a tasty replacement for that crap winger we've sent on loan to Sheff Wed - albeit not a direct replacement. Slimani? Never seen him play but heard good things from people on here, with our new money are these two that unrealistic? Are they what we need?

Exciting times

Spurs have a lot of players with potential too.
I'm sorry but spurs got lucky.

they went for high profile managers and never kicked on, with a lot of bad luck in between that. They spent the bale money poorly which hindered them. so they decide with the stadium needing to be funded that they would cut costs, bring a younger manager in to over see it and signed a fair few younger players, possibly with re sale value. Then out of the blue it has worked perfectly for them, kane going from average youngster to premier league striker was a bit left field also.

All credit to spurs like but i doubt they ever expected to be ion a title challenge any time soon under the new way of thinking.

First things first is get rid of deadwood... Howard is leaving now, but I'd like to see Gibson, Osman, Pienaar, McGeady etc all leaving permanently. They have no place in our squad now, though Osman could do a nice coaching role or something maybe he doesn't necessarily deserve to leave after his loyalty towards us in his career.

You can't ignore potential Stones, Cahills etc out there in the leagues but I would like us to be a little more calculated about them. (By this I mean with them at least being able to show/prove some impact during the season we signed them, unlike Henen etc disappearing)

Saying this though, we need talent. We need it now too. With the league so open, and teams around us like Hammers/Palace/Stoke etc all likely to spend further next year in an attempt to push higher up the league, we should be thinking about it too. Obviously only if the deal is right and going to improve our starting 11.

Who should we buy? Not a clue...
Yarmolenko would be extremely nice, and be a tasty replacement for that crap winger we've sent on loan to Sheff Wed - albeit not a direct replacement. Slimani? Never seen him play but heard good things from people on here, with our new money are these two that unrealistic? Are they what we need?

Exciting times
We've spent nearly 50 million on the 3 strikers we've got, Slimani is defo not what we need

I'm sorry but spurs got lucky.

they went for high profile managers and never kicked on, with a lot of bad luck in between that. They spent the bale money poorly which hindered them. so they decide with the stadium needing to be funded that they would cut costs, bring a younger manager in to over see it and signed a fair few younger players, possibly with re sale value. Then out of the blue it has worked perfectly for them, kane going from average youngster to premier league striker was a bit left field also.

All credit to spurs like but i doubt they ever expected to be ion a title challenge any time soon under the new way of thinking.
I don't believe in luck.

if we don't get yarmolenko, i'd love to go for mane. would he come here? not so sure, but think he's top top class.

Reckon there's a few very good players abroad, the next Mane's if you will, that would jump at the chance to come here. Not going to pretend I know who they all are like, but Yarmolenko, Dragovic, Lacazette, players of that ilk.

There's an article in the biggest Hungarian sports newspaper that Everton is very much interested in 20 yrs old Ferencváros DM, Ádám Nagy. They didn't put in any UK sources but it's true that there were Everton scouts in our both EC qualifiers. So it's nothing more than a rumour for now, sure there will be plenty of them till the end of the EC.

(He's actually exactly the Barry-type deep lying DM/playmaker, but I can't picture him in the PL; I think he's much more a La Liga type, that would suit him perfectly.)

Thanks for that news. Could you see him switching to the position of right back? My first impressions are good stamina and positioning with potential. Uses both feet too.

I think we should be looking toward the periphery of Elite clubs to solve some of our squad additions. Even though themselves may not be involved in things like the Barcelona treble, they were still in the squad and must have adopted some sort of winning mentality they could impose on others.

Players such as:
Javi Martinez (Versatile Def, Bayern) - would resemble a massive massive coup and show some ambition however this is somewhat unrealistic.

Jese (Real Madrid). May be not what we need but learns from some of the best

Reckon there's a few very good players abroad, the next Mane's if you will, that would jump at the chance to come here. Not going to pretend I know who they all are like, but Yarmolenko, Dragovic, Lacazette, players of that ilk.

possibly, but maybe they wouldn't come to a club with no europe.

ha, who am i kidding, cabaye went to palace and shaqiri went to stoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back