Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, selling a World Class player and buying 2/3/4 inferior players with the money very rarely actually works.

As Liverpool and Spurs can attest to.

And yeah, Spurs are challenging for the title now, but it's not because of the post-Bale business they did that summer.

They went from finishing 5th in 12/13 (directly above us), in Bale's last season, to finishing 6th (directly below us) the following season. After spending upwards of £100m in the summer of 2013.

By the way, selling a World Class player and buying 2/3/4 inferior players with the money very rarely actually works.

And yeah, Spurs are challenging for the title now, but it's not because of the post-Bale business they did that summer.
Correct. Need to spend that big fee one 1 top player as a replacement.

I might be wrong here mate because it's been a long day but have you just actually used the words DEPTH CHART?

This ain't some bloody submarine your talking about plus why have you got Funes Mori as a striker?

Who are you, who do you support and what planet do you actually come from are 3 pressing questions on my mind

DEPTH CHART ffs I mean seriously ffs mate that can ruins a man's evening seeing that
our Ramiro has a twin bro, he is scoring goals for fun in Mexican league currently ... Rogelio Funes Mori his name

Oh and I am Zaschrona, I support Everton, and I live on Earth. Nice to meet you mate. ;)

That depth chart though, just imagine that, how great meltdown it would be after spending like that and still likely playing not too great under Bobby the lad. lol

Realistically if Lukaku goes, I really think we need a summer window like this:

IN
Timo Horn - 6.5m (50k wage)
Santiago Arias - 6m (30k)
Nicolas N'Koulou - free transfer (60k)
William Carvalho - 32m release clause (100k)
Wayne Rooney - 18.5m (150k)
Andriy Yarmolenko - 25m (100k)
Arkadiusz Milik - 15m (60k)
Rogelio Funes Mori - 5m (30k)
Eugene Konoplyanka - 32m release clause (100k)
total = 140m (680k)

OUT
Tim Howard - 0.5m (50k)
Tony Hibbert - free transfer (20k)
Felipe Mattioni - free transfer (5k)
Darron Gibson - free transfer (50k)
Leon Osman - free transfer (40k)
Gareth Barry - 1m (60k)
Steven Pienaar - free transfer (60k)
Aiden McGeady - 1.5m (50k)
Romelu Lukaku - 75m (80k)
Arouna Kone - 1m (50k)
Kevin Mirallas - 10m (70k)
Conor McAleny - 1m (5k)
total = 90m (540k)

NEW CONTRACTS
Ross Barkley - from 60k to 120k
John Stones - from 40k to 100k
Joel Robles - from 20k to 30k
wage rises of current players = plus 140k

NET TRANSFERS = -50m
NET SALARY PER YEAR = -15m

We are allowed to rise our wage spending by 7m per year via new PL FFP rules. So hopefully Moshiri will be able to find extra 10m for our revenue via sponsorship as we really need to enjoy a summer like this if Lukaku is going.

DEPTH CHART
GK: Horn/Robles/Stanek
RB: Coleman/Arias/Kenny
CB: Stones/Jagielka/Holgate
CB: Funes Mori/N'Koulou/Galloway
LB: Baines/Oviedo/Garbutt
DM: Carvalho/McCarthy/Ledson
CM: Barkley/Besic/Cleverley/Walsh
AM: Rooney/Tarashaj/Evans
RW: Yarmolenko/Lennon/Dowell
ST: Milik/Niasse/Funes Mori/Rodriguez
LW: Konoplyanka/Deulofeu/Henen
Not being funny mate, but this is proper mental.

But that's why our good friend Zaschrona is saying buy 14 new players and sell 19 players because the more you buy and the more you sell is how it work. None of this sell 1 and buy 3 crap, nope let's buy a whole new squad.

But that's why our good friend Zaschrona is saying buy 14 new players and sell 19 players because the more you buy and the more you sell is how it work. None of this sell 1 and buy 3 crap, nope let's buy a whole new squad.

That's silliness as well, no offence Zaschrona. Buying that many players and having that much squad upheaval would be a recipe for disaster.

our Ramiro has a twin bro, he is scoring goals for fun in Mexican league currently ... Rogelio Funes Mori his name

Oh and I am Zaschrona, I support Everton, and I live on Earth. Nice to meet you mate. ;)

That depth chart though, just imagine that, how great meltdown it would be after spending like that and still likely playing not too great under Bobby the lad. lol

I remember Daniel Amokachi after winning the FA Cup said that all his fans back home would be going "crazy wild". Those 2 words sit beautifully next to your name ;)

Ok 'realistic' variant now lads:

IN
Wojciech Szczesny - 12m (60k)
Micah Richards - 6m (60k)
Ahmed Elmohamady - free transfer (50k)
Nick Powell - free transfer (40k)
Michael Carrick - free transfer (70k)
Bony - 22m (80k)
total = 40m (360k)

OUT
Tim Howard - 0.5m (50k)
Aiden McGeady - 0.5m (50k)
Romelu Lukaku - 39m (80k)
Conor McAleny - free transfer (5k)
total = 40m (360k)

NET SPEND = zero

:drunk:

Ok 'realistic' variant now lads:

IN
Wojciech Szczesny - 12m (60k)
Micah Richards - 6m (60k)
Ahmed Elmohamady - free transfer (50k)
Nick Powell - free transfer (40k)
Michael Carrick - free transfer (70k)
Bony - 22m (80k)
total = 40m (360k)

OUT
Tim Howard - 0.5m (50k)
Aiden McGeady - 0.5m (50k)
Romelu Lukaku - 39m (80k)
Conor McAleny - free transfer (5k)
total = 40m (360k)

NET SPEND = zero

:drunk:
*kills self

Not too sure about that mate, look at Southampton they had the guts ripped out of their team.....far better now.

They didn't bin off 12 players and buy in 13 players though.

They sold a few key players and managed to adequately replace them. They're 8 points better off than us, having played 2 games more than us. And we beat them 3-0 at their own ground earlier this season.

Southampton are a bit of anomaly, Villa are usually the norm when you sell your best players and don't adequately replace them.

If we keep Martinez, then I hope Stones goes. Because he's obviously not being told to stop the stupid showboating in his game and it will always come back to bite him on the arse. He could be a brilliant player, but under Martinez that won't be the case. Shame that our manager is ruining things, but if he stays, then I hope Stones goes for a mega fee. 40m seems right seeing as we turned down just below that last year.

I really want Martinez gone though and a tougher manager brought in. Can you imagine most decent managers allowing Stones to play the way he does sometimes? No chance. Get a good manager in, somebody the players fear, and turn Stones into a ball-playing yet hard knock centre back.

Fear it'll be the former though, and Stones gone to City for 40m. I hope he spends the money well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back