Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we keep Martinez, then I hope Stones goes. Because he's obviously not being told to stop the stupid showboating in his game and it will always come back to bite him on the arse. He could be a brilliant player, but under Martinez that won't be the case. Shame that our manager is ruining things, but if he stays, then I hope Stones goes for a mega fee. 40m seems right seeing as we turned down just below that last year.

I really want Martinez gone though and a tougher manager brought in. Can you imagine most decent managers allowing Stones to play the way he does sometimes? No chance. Get a good manager in, somebody the players fear, and turn Stones into a ball-playing yet hard knock centre back.

Fear it'll be the former though, and Stones gone to City for 40m. I hope he spends the money well.
So we hope Stones goes. Lukaku looks like going. Mirallas will be off likely. Any other of our best talents then?
All good though, Roberto is staying.

So we hope Stones goes. Lukaku looks like going. Mirallas will be off likely. Any other of our best talents then?
All good though, Roberto is staying.
Stones will always be used wrongly by Martinez, so if the clown of a manager stays that's all we can hope for... a huge fee for a player with massive potential.

Lukaku deserves to play for somebody better than us. Again, the manager's fault.

Mirallas, nobody to blame but himself this season. He can go and nobody will be arsed.

They didn't bin off 12 players and buy in 13 players though.

They sold a few key players and managed to adequately replace them. They're 8 points better off than us, having played 2 games more than us. And we beat them 3-0 at their own ground earlier this season.

Southampton are a bit of anomaly, Villa are usually the norm when you sell your best players and don't adequately replace them.
Lets be honest we aint getting shut of 8 players.
But point i'm making is those that do leave can & will be replaced.
No scraping the barrel here now , they will be replaced with quality.....The Mosh will see to that.

Stones will always be used wrongly by Martinez, so if the clown of a manager stays that's all we can hope for... a huge fee for a player with massive potential.

Lukaku deserves to play for somebody better than us. Again, the manager's fault.

Mirallas, nobody to blame but himself this season. He can go and nobody will be arsed.
I for one will. Another of our best players completely ruined by a clueless Manager that prefers his dross purchases to start.

No scraping the barrel here now , they will be replaced with quality.....The Mosh will see to that.
You can say that, but ...

Howard - Gone

Hibbert / Pienaar / Osman - Would be unbelievable if either of them stay

Gibson / McGeady / Kone - Surely gone to anybody who will take them regardless of the price

Mirallas - Likely gone if a reasonable offer comes in

Not one of those players has had a positive impact on Everton in a long, long time. Not a single one of them would be missed. If we lost all 8 of them, we would only needs to 'replace' two of them, namely Howard and Mirallas. The others have been stealing a wage for years.

How can Lukaku 'deserve ' to play for someone else ...astounding mate .
This is the club (& manager ) that put their faith in him when Chelsea didnt.

I hope you're right. I really doubt we'll replace Lukaku with like-for-like though. He's the best striker we've had in 25 years. People like him don't come around that often.

And also the club (& manager) that has let him down so badly despite having the 'best squad in 25 years'. To think we've somehow managed to perform worse than last season really is a miracle. Lukaku has scored 25 goals, and what's the club (& manager) done? They've ensured that his goals merely mean we avoid relegation. Shocking.

Is right mate.

I'm sick of the defeatist attitude some Blues have, regarding certain players. "We don't deserve him, he deserves to play for a better team than us".

NO HE DOESN'T! Lukaku 'deserves' to have better Everton players around him and to be managed by a better Everton manager.

We aren't some no-mark lower league team standing in the way of some player's dream move.

Let's improve on what we have instead of getting rid of our best player.

Ok 'realistic' variant now lads:

IN
Wojciech Szczesny - 12m (60k)
Micah Richards - 6m (60k)
Ahmed Elmohamady - free transfer (50k)
Nick Powell - free transfer (40k)
Michael Carrick - free transfer (70k)
Bony - 22m (80k)
total = 40m (360k)

OUT
Tim Howard - 0.5m (50k)
Tony Hibbert - free transfer (20k)
Felipe Mattioni - free transfer (5k)
Darron Gibson - free transfer (50k)
Leon Osman - free transfer (40k)
Steven Pienaar - free transfer (60k)
Aiden McGeady - 0.5m (50k)
Romelu Lukaku - 39m (80k)
Conor McAleny - free transfer (5k)
total = 40m (360k)

NET SPEND = zero

:drunk:
Are you on glue? Genuine question...

Is right mate.

I'm sick of the defeatist attitude some Blues have, regarding certain players. "We don't deserve him, he deserves to play for a better team than us".

NO HE DOESN'T! Lukaku 'deserves' to have better Everton players around him and to be managed by a better Everton manager.

We aren't some no-mark lower league team standing in the way of some player's dream move.

Absolutly spot on.

And also the club (& manager) that has let him down so badly despite having the 'best squad in 25 years'. To think we've somehow managed to perform worse than last season really is a miracle. Lukaku has scored 25 goals, and what's the club (& manager) done? They've ensured that his goals merely mean we avoid relegation. Shocking.
So what your saying is he's too big for the club and its ambitions ?

Realistically if Lukaku goes, I really think we need a summer window like this:

IN
Timo Horn - 6.5m (50k wage)
Santiago Arias - 6m (30k)
Nicolas N'Koulou - free transfer (60k)
William Carvalho - 32m release clause (100k)
Wayne Rooney - 18.5m (150k)
Andriy Yarmolenko - 25m (100k)
Arkadiusz Milik - 15m (60k)
Rogelio Funes Mori - 5m (30k)
Eugene Konoplyanka - 32m release clause (100k)
total = 140m (680k)

OUT
Tim Howard - 0.5m (50k)
Tony Hibbert - free transfer (20k)
Felipe Mattioni - free transfer (5k)
Darron Gibson - free transfer (50k)
Leon Osman - free transfer (40k)
Gareth Barry - 1m (60k)
Steven Pienaar - free transfer (60k)
Aiden McGeady - 1.5m (50k)
Romelu Lukaku - 75m (80k)
Arouna Kone - 1m (50k)
Kevin Mirallas - 10m (70k)
Conor McAleny - 1m (5k)
total = 90m (540k)

NEW CONTRACTS
Ross Barkley - from 60k to 120k
John Stones - from 40k to 100k
Joel Robles - from 20k to 30k
wage rises of current players = plus 140k

NET TRANSFERS = -50m
NET SALARY PER YEAR = -15m

We are allowed to rise our wage spending by 7m per year via new PL FFP rules. So hopefully Moshiri will be able to find extra 10m for our revenue via sponsorship as we really need to enjoy a summer like this if Lukaku is going.

DEPTH CHART
GK: Horn/Robles/Stanek
RB: Coleman/Arias/Kenny
CB: Stones/Jagielka/Holgate
CB: Funes Mori/N'Koulou/Galloway
LB: Baines/Oviedo/Garbutt
DM: Carvalho/McCarthy/Ledson
CM: Barkley/Besic/Cleverley/Walsh
AM: Rooney/Tarashaj/Evans
RW: Yarmolenko/Lennon/Dowell
ST: Milik/Niasse/Funes Mori/Rodriguez
LW: Konoplyanka/Deulofeu/Henen
Ok...wow!!!

Is right mate.

Great post mate.
Someone threadmark it for future reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back