Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain ?

Looked fantastic and future English superstar in the making but now seems to be on the fringes at Arsenal.

What happened to him? Wasnt he as good as the hype?

i always thought he would be good in a box to box role but was used as a winger.

We've got Azza Lennon. Why would we want the Ox?

i can see mirallas in china, dunno why..

No it's not him

DSC_0057_edited-1.228184820_std.jpg

To expand on the above Zatman, we need a number 8 with magic in his boots, The Ox is fine pacy winger, who could maybe do a job at number 8, but hes not what we need for that role.

Yeah i actually think we need a playmaker. Just saw his name in the hull teamsheet and wondered what happened to him and of course seems ideal box to box actually as he has energy and of course very pacy and direct but also technically good.

We dont have too many bodies there either and he is still only 22. Has he fallen down the pecking order at arsenal, bad form or an injury? Seems to have been off the radar.

Even if he was not a first choice for us, he and cleverley would coved and rotate into every midfield position ofher than DM.

think he would do well with us and has the right attributes to do very well on the counter for us linking with Deulofeu Niasse barkley and lukaku.

Yeah i actually think we need a playmaker. Just saw his name in the hull teamsheet and wondered what happened to him and of course seems ideal box to box actually as he has energy and of course very pacy and direct but also technically good.

We dont have too many bodies there either and he is still only 22. Has he fallen down the pecking order at arsenal, bad form or an injury? Seems to have been off the radar.

Even if he was not a first choice for us, he and cleverley would coved and rotate into every midfield position ofher than DM.

think he would do well with us and has the right attributes to do very well on the counter for us linking with Deulofeu Niasse barkley and lukaku.

Hes a good player Zat, I just think hes off our radar sadly.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...armolenko-manchester-city-england-dynamo-kyiv
Yarmolenko signed a new contract with Dynamo towards the end of last year but is ready for the next chapter of his career – if a club pays a fee that the Ukrainian side’s president, Igor Surkis, is happy with. “I would certainly like to prove myself at the highest level,” Yarmolenko says in a joint interview with the Guardian and the Ukrainian website sportarena.com. “I watch the Premier League and La Liga regularly as they are the best leagues in Europe in my opinion. Although I have to say that English football holds the biggest attraction for me.”

Dynamo’s two Europa League games against Stoke City in 2011 furthered Yarmolenko’s interest in English football. “The focus is on physical battles while the tactical aspect is not as important,” he says. “It’s all about the entertainment and that’s why the stadiums are always sold out, that’s why they sign these multibillion TV deals. “Playing for such big crowds is what every player dreams about. I would like to do that week in and week out. It would be great to step into a stadium like that every three or four days. [That kind of atmosphere] is definitely something we lack here in Ukraine.”

He also has fond memories of the two games against Everton last March, when Dynamo went through to the quarter-finals of the Europa League 6-4 on aggregate. Before the game some British newspapers had questioned whether he would be a success in the Premier League should he join a club there but he responded by setting up the away goal in the first leg and scoring in the thumping 5-2 home win that sealed Dynamo’s progress. Yarmolenko says he was not bothered by the criticism: “Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. I know my strengths and weaknesses well but I’d rather speak for myself with what I do on the pitch.”
“I will leave Dynamo for a club that can offer me an opportunity to make a step up. Dynamo is the club that made me the player I am. Also, I shouldn’t leave my team for free and I definitely shouldn’t put my relationship with the president and fans at risk. I signed the new contract [so that the club would get a fee]. I was the one who signed it, there was no pressure from the club. I’m sure that we would find a solution with the president if the club received a good offer.”

Does he have a favourite club he would like to join? “It’s a hard question to answer, especially without knowing the people at a club well. But Pep Guardiola seems like a nice man and a great coach … ”

A pic of Martinez...

Says he asked about 'Jarmolenko'

'Lennon said: certainly a personal best was offset by Express and stop and sulphate with him five'

Yeah, Yarm has certainly got his sights set on a Champions League club in England. Everton are one of his fall backs if ManCity or the like don't come for him. I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's good to have ambition and confidence but I hate when players think they are "settling" for Everton. Then again, how could I expect Yarms to have any affinity for Everton. He has no connections to us.

Last edited:
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-goalkeeper-tim-howards-move-10938953
Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard's move to MLS hits £16m stumbling block say latest transfer reports
  • 17:00, 23 FEB 2016
  • BY JOE RIMMER
A reported move to the Colorado Rapids is said to have hit a snag due to claimed wage demands of £70,000 a week
JS78276283.jpg
After losing his number one spot to Joel Robles it looks increasingly like Tim Howard will be making his exit from Everton in the summer.
However, a deal to join Colorado Rapids in the MLS has hit a reported stumbling block due to his claimed wage demands of £70,000 a week which amount to a whopping £14m on a four-year deal, reports the Liverpool Echo .
Howard will find it difficult to break his way back into the first team with Spanish stopper Robles putting in a series of excellent displays for the Blues.

Elsewhere today, Everton have been linked with a move for Gent striker Laurent Depoitre, with the Toffees said to be rivalling Tottenham for his signature.
The 27-year-old has scored 11 times in 26 league outings this term, bringing his Gent tally to 27 goals in 38 appearances.
According to reports, it would cost around £12m to prise the forward from the Belgian outfit, and scouts from Crystal Palace, Everton, Leicester City, Southampton, Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham and West Brom were all said to be present when Gent took on Wolfsburg last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back