Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry lads, we will have players signed for pre-season.

The Euro's are on, soon as the final whistle goes the players will sign.

Come on now, the players deserve a holiday! As soon as they get home they will sign before the season starts.

No Football director lad

Nice terror attacks m

FFP lad, can't sign anyone because of it.

That Paul Pogba keeps nicking the paper from the fax machine.

Our Voodoo transfer witch doctor is off on paternity leave.

We can only sign players when it's a full moon.

Let's face it lads, Everton is not all that to players these days. We are the middle-aged fat heffer on the dance floor who will get swooped up at 2 bells by a drunk desperate man.

Robson Kanu welcome to Everton.

Mata said he'd meet us round the back of the jukey

But he went to the bar to speak to that Stoke bird, he's got 2 blue wkds in his hands.

Although perhaps it's all press (but then then why does the manager, his brother and co say very busy week on transfer market to come then nothing for a few weeks now) I feel like nothing has changed when it comes to transfers. Is Bill involved? This all reeks of Bill to me. Supposedly new Everton but even the signings we did made were labored compared to lesser clubs. I know there is still a week to go and things will happen but what we have been through? That's very similar to last 10 seasons.

Oh well, season ticket sales are up..

I absolutely believe that the genuine expenditure that you have referred to above, and not the make believe stuff that you have got from Internet message boards, has been covered with club revenue. We didn't sign Lukaku 12 months ago either, and the reason we have chose not to pay off debt with increased revenue has been because it didn't make sense to do so, rather than an inability to do so. His purchase of shares does not count as investment into the club either, the money was paid to Kenwright et al, not Everton.

Im sorry mate, but please explain - what club revenue? And - genuine question - why do you choose to absolutely believe that? I agree that the stake money doesn't directly benefit the club but I was just responding to your very specific point that you only count investment to the extent that is not funded by club revenue - well his £85m entry ticket wasn't, and from his perspective it is an investment and from ours a statement of intent.

I don't understand your glib comment about make believe stuff from Internet boards - I read the club's Annual Report, which is where I get my views on these financial issues from. You also don't substantiate why 'it didn't make sense' to repay the debt, or where the revenue came from that you 'believe' paid for the costs this Summer - I am anxious to be enlightened...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back