Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course mate, still holes to be filled. My main concern was how utterly crap we were at the back and in goal. I'm happy to sort that stuff out and give us a fighting chance to at least win a game or hold onto a lead.

ST
CM
CB

and a possible signing who we don't know about

that's my guess MG

At this point I will settle for an ACM and a Striker, everything else is a bonus.

It would seem Everton is about to sign Brahimi, here's the problem with the African Messi:

1- He can't cross.
Really, he can't. Oporto has history with good wingers with usefull crossing ability (Quaresma, Drulovic, Hulk, J.Rodriguez,etc), while he's terrific 1 on 1, whenever he wins the line, his crosses will be weak or go straight to the defenders.

2- He takes his dribbles too far and lose the ball.
So he can't cross, and worse than that, he will keep trying to drible the entire defense and losing the ball. Don't be fooled with YT videos, most of his challenges are against weaker sides.

3- He's not a team player
He wont help defend much, he will lose the ball trying to do one of his tricks leaving his team off-guard.

4- His shot is weak.

Yet he is an amazing trickster with the ball and is able to do amazing things but that's not enough in competitive play. Just look at his stats last seasons:
15/16 - 7G 8A (Layun arrived from watford and has 5G 15A in the same period)
14/15 - 7G 6A
Don't get me wrong, he can do amazing things, but what's the point a player to be outstanding 1 every 10 games?

Hope you skip this guy, but at the same time, hope someone takes him from Oporto.

In all honesty though, we've already done a serious number on this window. 16m for Gueye and Williams? Outstanding business.

Couple more in during the Great Clearance Sale of August 2016 and we are well set. Koeman is all over this.

I personally think we have done our business from within this country, I think the teams we will buy from now will be abroad. They can't live with the money on offer from this country so with a few days left they will start accepting bids.

One thing I will say. All of our signings, excepting Bolasie who I think was bought to stretch teams away from home anyway, have looked like massive successes in the first 3 games. If you include Holgate who he has promoted, the lads he has brought in have been our best players ( not inc barry who is a freak of nature).

*Sorry that was in reply to Marty Mcfly. I'm a little bit sober

Agree on the Premiership players, we wouldnt want to lose a player this late in the window, cant really expect anyone else to do it either.

How many goals were in that clip. Bloody hell, enough of these show ponies we need players who actually have an end product.

This chap as @The Mighty Quint has said is 'no joke'.

If Deulofeu is 'the Assister' (Trademark Lukaku) then Brahimi is 'the Dribbler'. Was brilliant at Porto but it seems like he knows hes too good for that league.

If we had Brahimi, Deulofeu, Mirallas and Bolasie for the wings then thats quite a selection. Lennon and McGeady sold.

If Hart goes to Sevilla we should go for my personal favourite Sergio Rico (avid readers will note my plethora of posts on him). He will be better than De Gea before long.

Alternatively if the rumours are true and Hart ends up at Sunderland we should be in for Pickford. Could be next after Butland on the conveyor belt.

Between now and transfer deadline is going to be mental, players going everywhere I can't wait I think we'll end up with 3 or 4 whether they're all first team I'm not sure

If Hart goes to Sevilla we should go for my personal favourite Sergio Rico (avid readers will note my plethora of posts on him). He will be better than De Gea before long.

Alternatively if the rumours are true and Hart ends up at Sunderland we should be in for Pickford. Could be next after Butland on the conveyor belt.
Were you watching today?

It would seem Everton is about to sign Brahimi, here's the problem with the African Messi:

1- He can't cross.
Really, he can't. Oporto has history with good wingers with usefull crossing ability (Quaresma, Drulovic, Hulk, J.Rodriguez,etc), while he's terrific 1 on 1, whenever he wins the line, his crosses will be weak or go straight to the defenders.

2- He takes his dribbles too far and lose the ball.
So he can't cross, and worse than that, he will keep trying to drible the entire defense and losing the ball. Don't be fooled with YT videos, most of his challenges are against weaker sides.

3- He's not a team player
He wont help defend much, he will lose the ball trying to do one of his tricks leaving his team off-guard.

4- His shot is weak.

Yet he is an amazing trickster with the ball and is able to do amazing things but that's not enough in competitive play. Just look at his stats last seasons:
15/16 - 7G 8A (Layun arrived from watford and has 5G 15A in the same period)
14/15 - 7G 6A
Don't get me wrong, he can do amazing things, but what's the point a player to be outstanding 1 every 10 games?

Hope you skip this guy, but at the same time, hope someone takes him from Oporto.
That's also without mentioning the fact we don't need another winger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back