Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Net spend important ?
I really struggle with this argument .
What we want in a window is Net Improvement in Squad.
Anyone who cannot see that this window already has done that had their head in a bucket .
Yep I get it with the Marquee signing .
I also firmly believe that it was and still is the clubs intention to bring one in. But this is a crazy market and we don't have CL as a carrot so that's a blow I can take until 2 years into "the project " when I hope the Marquees will be queuing at the door .

I think you are missing the point.
Net spend is important as we had this supposed war chest / 100 mill kitty to spend but as of yet we haven't touched it.
Like I said I'm not underwhelmed just disappointed.

I think, in your heart of hearts, you, like most of us, hoped that we would be picking up some real superstars this summer. That's not to say that the players we've picked up are terrible, they're not, they're fine. But to say that this window has been markedly different to previous windows is not quite true. As other people have said selling one of our "big names" and then using that cash to buy in some decent players is the definition of business as usual and that is why many if us are a bit down because we were promised that nothing would ever be the same. Who knows though, two days to go, maybe we'll pull something amazing out of the bag?

Your logic is tragically flawed.
Yes I would have liked a superstar or two who wouldn't but the pure fact is we don't have CL football to offer a superstar and at the moment we don't have the pull of Man Utd and Mourinho

As for the silly silly assertion that we are only spending the stones money ... This is narrow almost naive thinking .

We have overall improved the squad
We have sold stones for a whacking profit and replaced him perfectly well. Just because the money spent so far does not automatically mean we only intend to spend the stones money
It means that is all we have needed to spend so far to improve the squad with the players in the market that we could convince to come
The money is there to be spent , that's why koeman signed up , the fact that is hadn't all been spent us down to
A doing good shrewd business
B our attraction level for superstars is not yet strong enough

Forget net spend its a dumb argument
Concentrate on net improvement in squad
Yep it could be even bigger with a superstar purchase but that won't happen with our current status
But the strength improvement in the overall squad and the management team for that matter is huge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back