Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BlueToff

Last year's - Howard/Joel; Coleman, Stones, Jags, Baines; McCarthy, Barry; Lennon, Barkley, Cleverley, Lukaku.

This year's - Stekelenburg; Coleman, Williams, Jags, Baines; Gueye, Barry, Barkley; Bolasie, Lukaku, Mirallas.

More like last year:

Howard, Coleman, Jags, Stones, Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Barkley, Deulofeu, Lukaku, Mirallas.

Stek for Howard
Williams for Stones
Gueye for McCarthy
Bolasie for Deulofeu

Note that bolassie cost £28mil and Stek was originally signed as a 2nd choice.
Stek for Howard
Williams for Stones
Gueye for McCarthy
Bolasie for Deulofeu

We think all of them are big upgrades apart from Bolasie because they have hit the ground running but the reality is there isn't much of a difference in any of them except that one team is more experienced and one team has far more potential.

I guess that will make Koeman happy but if we don't have money it's a bit worrying for us.

@Esk Hi Mate. I asked in the now locked thread about whether we can capitalise on the Stones profit in January in relation to FFP or whether it is a calendar year thing.

There were conflicting answers from others, but you seem to know what the situation is relating to this.

Where was this net? say 1 millin for stek (at a push), 22 for bolasie, 7.2 for gueye, 1.5 loan for enner and 9 million for williams. I'm sure i am forgetting someone, but that is how much we spent, even if you top end those deals you are still only hitting the stones money mark. In fact we literally were only active during the window when we sold stones. For all the 'trying to sign players', the only time we actually did get anywhere on that front was when we sold him, and then it stopped again straight after the last money was spent. As i said that is literally what happened, you can spin it all you want but we only looked active when we made money. You can only go on what has actually happened, and it seems Moshiri in charge is no different to Kenwright, same results, same lack of money spent and same false dawn.

You say the first 11 has improved right? How? Because we have a commanding centre half? I would call that a bloody necessity to have in a team, any succesful team has one, and unsuccesful everton have decided not to sign one until now. Funny that eh? We also have a mobile midfielder, great considering the rest of them can't play that role in the team. Bolasie is no better than what we had, different yes, but not better. Stek is not a better keeper in all honesty, and finally saying Valencia is better than kone and niasse is just pretty much depressing trying to justify it. I would argue that we are not better, we just have signed a few players we have lacked for years now to even make us a competent outfit.

Thing is, West ham were mid table, then they signed Payet, and all of a sudden got better. Liverpool have spots of talent which should really take them out of midtable with a bit of consistency and a better defence, spurs signed better and suddenly got better, see the pattern? Whop have we signed to take us from midtable? relegation battle players at best. Again this is not a knee jerk reaction, this is exactly what we have done! You say we don't belong in midtable but where does a club who sells to buy every year, sign all their players from worse teams, fail to back the manager every year deserve to be? We may have players like lukaku but genuinely question here, if there was any slight chance of him staying after next season, you think we will want to now after who we have brought in? More so does that show ambition? We have no ambition other than to make money off the back of the team.

But you say about raising the issue about it? Why? Nothing has changed. We still haven't got any money, we still haven't got any ambition, we are still no better than what we were before. We have threw away a 40 odd million profit for the wages thing, we have threw away any chance of showing ambition to players, we have tied Koemans hands behind his back and frankly, lied the him promising him money to spend and then giving him nothing.

Oh and we could have been higher last year, but it is exactly that, last year. We could have got CL the year before we finished with 72 points, been in a title bid if it was last year, could have got relegated on 38 points a different year etc Makes no odds what coulda shoulda etc The fact is we swapped a manager who would have relegated us for one who we have failed to back.

the board haven't failed, there is no evidence otherwise that this was the plan all along. For all these deals meant to be in for, high risk ones? Ever consider there was a chance that they were for show? We spend the whole summer chasing players who turn us down? Funny that, especially as we then get none of them and therefore no money spent.
And we did all our business in the week or two after selling Stones.

@Zatara you mentioned in another thread maybe players dont want to join Koeman... I considered this myself in my thesis. He fell out with a whole lot of his creative talent at Southampton. Brought not one player with him, which is very unusual for any manager. I cant believe it might be true but I'm trying to get my head around how we bungled it so badly.

@Esk Hi Mate. I asked in the now locked thread about whether we can capitalise on the Stones profit in January in relation to FFP or whether it is a calendar year thing.

There were conflicting answers from others, but you seem to know what the situation is relating to this.
He's that important that he has a prefix of "the" his name mate. Tagging him so he's sees your question @The Esk.

@Zatara you mentioned in another thread maybe players dont want to join Koeman... I considered this myself in my thesis. He fell out with a whole lot of his creative talent at Southampton. Brought not one player with him, which is very unusual for any manager. I cant believe it might be true but I'm trying to get my head around how we bungled it so badly.

Research his time at valencia...will give you the shivers

We can't sign players in January to satisfy STCC for next year. It's a lie I already caught him in.

If we sign a player in January then we only pay him for 6 months which will increase the wage bill this season for 6 months of his contract.

However next season we have to pay him for 12 months so we are 6 months short.

This means that if we increase our wage bill with players on contracts that cost 14m per year we effectively can't spend at all in the summer. If we increase it with players on contracts that cost 7m per year we can only then increase if by a further 3.5m in the summer etc

One top player is on around 5m-8m a year.

So next year's STCC limit is very much a factor in January. It was a lie simply to justify the selling of Stones. If we were worried about STCC we would have signed Hart and Bony and gladly paid their huge wages.

@BlueToff

Last year's - Howard/Joel; Coleman, Stones, Jags, Baines; McCarthy, Barry; Lennon, Barkley, Cleverley, Lukaku.

This year's - Stekelenburg; Coleman, Williams, Jags, Baines; Gueye, Barry, Barkley; Bolasie, Lukaku, Mirallas.

More like last year:

Howard, Coleman, Jags, Stones, Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Barkley, Deulofeu, Lukaku, Mirallas.

Stek for Howard
Williams for Stones
Gueye for McCarthy
Bolasie for Deulofeu

Note that bolassie cost £28mil and Stek was originally signed as a 2nd choice.

How many times did that side play compared to the one that I posted originally Zat?

Bolasie cost £25mil (regardless, he's still an improvement) and Stek - albeit who should be 2nd choice - has been brilliant so far.

Where was this net? say 1 millin for stek (at a push), 22 for bolasie, 7.2 for gueye, 1.5 loan for enner and 9 million for williams. I'm sure i am forgetting someone, but that is how much we spent, even if you top end those deals you are still only hitting the stones money mark. In fact we literally were only active during the window when we sold stones. For all the 'trying to sign players', the only time we actually did get anywhere on that front was when we sold him, and then it stopped again straight after the last money was spent. As i said that is literally what happened, you can spin it all you want but we only looked active when we made money. You can only go on what has actually happened, and it seems Moshiri in charge is no different to Kenwright, same results, same lack of money spent and same false dawn.

You say the first 11 has improved right? How? Because we have a commanding centre half? I would call that a bloody necessity to have in a team, any succesful team has one, and unsuccesful everton have decided not to sign one until now. Funny that eh? We also have a mobile midfielder, great considering the rest of them can't play that role in the team. Bolasie is no better than what we had, different yes, but not better. Stek is not a better keeper in all honesty, and finally saying Valencia is better than kone and niasse is just pretty much depressing trying to justify it. I would argue that we are not better, we just have signed a few players we have lacked for years now to even make us a competent outfit.

Thing is, West ham were mid table, then they signed Payet, and all of a sudden got better. Liverpool have spots of talent which should really take them out of midtable with a bit of consistency and a better defence, spurs signed better and suddenly got better, see the pattern? Whop have we signed to take us from midtable? relegation battle players at best. Again this is not a knee jerk reaction, this is exactly what we have done! You say we don't belong in midtable but where does a club who sells to buy every year, sign all their players from worse teams, fail to back the manager every year deserve to be? We may have players like lukaku but genuinely question here, if there was any slight chance of him staying after next season, you think we will want to now after who we have brought in? More so does that show ambition? We have no ambition other than to make money off the back of the team.

But you say about raising the issue about it? Why? Nothing has changed. We still haven't got any money, we still haven't got any ambition, we are still no better than what we were before. We have threw away a 40 odd million profit for the wages thing, we have threw away any chance of showing ambition to players, we have tied Koemans hands behind his back and frankly, lied the him promising him money to spend and then giving him nothing.

Oh and we could have been higher last year, but it is exactly that, last year. We could have got CL the year before we finished with 72 points, been in a title bid if it was last year, could have got relegated on 38 points a different year etc Makes no odds what coulda shoulda etc The fact is we swapped a manager who would have relegated us for one who we have failed to back.

the board haven't failed, there is no evidence otherwise that this was the plan all along. For all these deals meant to be in for, high risk ones? Ever consider there was a chance that they were for show? We spend the whole summer chasing players who turn us down? Funny that, especially as we then get none of them and therefore no money spent.

We're better because we have a better manager...

The people in charge of the deals have failed (whoever they are)

How many times did that side play compared to the one that I posted originally Zat?

Bolasie cost £25mil (regardless, he's still an improvement) and Stek - albeit who should be 2nd choice - has been brilliant so far.

Doesnt matter how many times they played as thats the best supposedly on paper.

Bolasie is no improvement on deulofeu and stek we need to hope hes not as bad as he has been for years

I actually don't think we have but I might also be the only one who doesn't think Kone is that bad. Valencia was a good player before his injuries but now I think he's finished. Oh well it's only a loan

When I say I don't think Kone is that bad. What I mean is that he's not good enough even to be backup but he's not a joke of a footballer either like some make him out to be.

No mate I don't think Kone is a joke but for a no-risk loan Valencia is a better option - he's six years younger for one - and looked very good when he first joined West Ham.

He's gone off the boil since then, but as back-up I don't see the problem (though I would have liked better).

My frustration and disappointment will turn to genuine anger though if targets aren't done quickly come January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back