Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that indicates we will have to go big in January? Not the ideal window to be fishing around in but if we do our homework abroad then we will get to save on transfer fees with some Bosmans.

Other possible get around is a few high cost loans on wages I would guess, possible a reason the likes of falcao and pato etc didn't fuss Chelsea too much when they where busts, we bring in for example 300k in wages for loan players, then after they shipped back off in May then would give usctgat amount free for wages into the next season, unless I understand the sttc rules incorrectly.

Other possible get around is a few high cost loans on wages I would guess, possible a reason the likes of falcao and pato etc didn't fuss Chelsea too much when they where busts, we bring in for example 300k in wages for loan players, then after they shipped back off in May then would give usctgat amount free for wages into the next season, unless I understand the sttc rules incorrectly.
What like the ones for Bony and Hart?

Wasn't the reason reported for not signing Hart his wages. Face it. It's not an issue for us and we have no intention of making it an issue for us.

Fachts.
  • We're in a stronger position now than we were come the end of last season.
  • The club is making obvious strides toward a stadium on the docks.
  • We've strengthened every area of our squad.
  • We've bid £30m for a jarg player in desperation, so money is obviously there.
  • We have a new ambitious manager that knows hows to settle a defence.
The way heads are rolling off, you'd think we're bottom of the league with no strikers or goalkeepers.

Fachts.
  • We're in a stronger position now than we were come the end of last season.
  • The club is making obvious strides toward a stadium on the docks.
  • We've strengthened every area of our squad.
  • We've bid £30m for a jarg player in desperation, so money is obviously there.
  • We have a new ambitious manager that knows hows to settle a defence.
The way heads are rolling off, you'd think we're bottom of the league with no strikers or goalkeepers.

...we're preparing for a relegation dogfight apparently.

Sound.

;)

Like Michael Owen mate? Like Alan Shearer? Muller? any of the other phantom bids over the years?

Bidding means nothing tbh

I happen to think you're a meff, but the fact that we put a private jet down in London to pick him up speaks volumes about how desperate we were to splash the cash.

The fact of the matter is this.

We finished 11th last year.

We were never going to attract the likes of Mata, Witsel, and Koub<spellinghere>. We've done well this summer, and I look forward to seeing further improvements to the balance of the squad come February.

I have read the rules and we can only increase 7m per year. We can't increase the wage bill by 14m next year unless we sell someone or as you say bring in commercial revenue. For arguments sake let's say that's a no-goer because if it was we had plenty of time to bring those deals in for this year.

Everything else you have said just confirms what I said except in more verbose language.

Maybe it's not a lie and just a mistake but the mistake is that we can spend in the January window and still take advantage of the Stones money.

Anyone we buy in January will only increase our wages for them for 6 months however next season we have to pay for 12 months. Therefore if we don't sell anyone that 6 month increase will come out of the STCC extra allocation budget for next year. Given that a top player earns between 5m-8m a year that's a big problem.

Happy @chicoazul ?

So why did we go for unrealistic targets if this is the case?

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact Moyes and Martinez had their hands tied compared to now...yet more times than not, performed well in the window.

Now we go into a window in a more comfortable position...We struggle for new reasons.

I happen to think you're a meff, but the fact that we put a private jet down in London to pick him up speaks volumes about how desperate we were to splash the cash.

The fact of the matter is this.

We finished 11th last year.

We were never going to attract the likes of Mata, Witsel, and Koub<spellinghere>. We've done well this summer, and I look forward to seeing further improvements to the balance of the squad come February.
the deal was 5 installments of 6 million, again hardly splashing the cash is it?

We may have bid on him knowing Spurs would match it and ultimately sign him? So Phantom bid.

What like the ones for Bony and Hart?

Wasn't the reason reported for not signing Hart his wages. Face it. It's not an issue for us and we have no intention of making it an issue for us.

OK mate, your privy to the inner workings and plans of the club

Did i say anything about what the plans where?

I simply stated an example of how the STTC rules work and ways they can be used to a teams advantage.

BTW, bit funny though as about ten posts earlier you showed you have absolutely zero understandings of how the rules work anyway, but then again you are... well let's just leave it blank and let people make their own minds up about what you are shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back