Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that indicates we will have to go big in January? Not the ideal window to be fishing around in but if we do our homework abroad then we will get to save on transfer fees with some Bosmans.

It's possible the zig-zag (zig whenever everyone else zags) theory could apply. Maybe the club will be able to close deals in January when other clubs (hi, Tottenham) don't want to conduct their own business.

I just hope by hook or by crook we are within touching distance of the top 4 come January. By then Mr Walsh would have been with us 5 months, Koeman half a year and Mr Moshiri a full year. Plenty of time to establish exactly what is required for the squad in every eventuality, i.e. if we're miles off the pace how do we spend any money we have. If we're bottom of the league, we know we have to probably massively overpay to get us out of the mess. If we're hovering around 8th but the goalkeeper is making too many errors, we know what to do. I hope we can continue this 'run' we're on and, just like Leicester did last year, gain some momentum that makes us hard to break down and keeps us rolling on until further changes can be made.

Even if we buy players in January, they're still going to be paid with club revenue. There isn't going to be any investment from Moshiri.

I just can't believe we traded Stones to allow us to spend wages, that we have then not spent. Only at Everton could we manage to do that.[/QUOTE]

We did achieve something then at least.

Only by some morons on here. The echo has defended Bill and the club for years. The only time they come out against either the owner or the manager is when a decision by the club has already been taken to remove them. e.g. They didn't lay into Martinez until the club had decided to get rid of him.

I don't think the word 'morons' is acceptable on this site. However, that's your business........

Arsenal have nothing to show for it either. Last time I checked they didn't hand out 4th place trophies and an early champions league exit every season probably doesn't sit well with the fans.
I for one would be happy to get 4th place for a season or 2 and experience some champions league footy. Face it we are not attractive enough yet for top players to come here, if we get 4th then that problem will improve.

Even if we buy players in January, they're still going to be paid with club revenue. There isn't going to be any investment from Moshiri.
Who cares where the money comes from,as long as we get good players In. Koeman has inherited a good squad it just needs a few more editions to what he has already made. Time will tell but this project is going to take time, by throwing money away it will just make the project stall and probably them it will never succeed.

Reasons why we can still be positive (my account hasn't been hacked btw):

- Stekelenberg is 15 times the keeper Howard is
- Holgate has come into the side and performed better than Coleman has in 2 years
- Williams looks like he's played for us for years, finally a leader on the field
- Jagielka is still going strong
- Baines is fully fit and should continue to improve
- Gareth Barry continues to reverse the aging process
- Gueye has waltzed into the team and said "that's my place", banishing James McCarthy in one fell swoop
- Mirallas is enjoying his football and playing well
- Barkley isn't having smoke blown up his arse every 5 minutes and is under pressure to perform, can only be a good thing
- There is more competition for a starting spot on the wings with Bolasie and Deulofeu and Lennon competing
- We kept Lukaku and he'll surely start to slot soon
- Valencia is better than Kone, meaning less game time for the latter
- We have a couple of good young lids pushing for a place in the squad, namely Davies and Dowell
- Martinez is gone, Koeman is here
- Our fans are still ace

That'll do.

Who cares where the money comes from,as long as we get good players In. Koeman has inherited a good squad it just needs a few more editions to what he has already made. Time will tell but this project is going to take time, by throwing money away it will just make the project stall and probably them it will never succeed.
Technically he inherited like a handful of good players.

The squad itself was kinda crap hence about 12 departures, and 3/4 who we couldn't even shift.

Transfer Window Fume

Whilst personally I am as disappointed as most people that we didn’t manage to achieve our chosen targets and am annoyed with the way the window panned out, I do feel we need to have some perspective on this issue because of all the moans and ridiculous accusations being thrown around.

So here goes: We had an agreement with Zenit for Witsel but for whatever reason Witsel turned us down because he preferred to move to Juventus. This was the players’ decision (and he got his comeuppance on the last day when Zenit pulled the plug on his move to Juve.). NOT OUR FAULT!

Ghezzal: we had an agreement with his club also and made him an offer their Chairman said was almost twenty times his current deal. Yet the player turned us down because he wanted to play in Europe. All credit to the player for putting football reasons before person greed, very rare in today’s market. NOT OUR FAULT!

Perez: Again we had agreement with Deportivo and the player and it looked like completing. Yet Arsenal who said they were not interested in the player a week before, suddenly matched our offer. The player then decided to choose Arsenal because he wanted European Football. NOT OUR FAULT!

Gabbiadini: This deal was always dependent upon Napoli finding a replacement and according to his Agent Napoli really didn’t want to sell him. Hence they deliberately procrastinated throughout. NOT OUR FAULT!

Brahimi: This is a crazy one because of what happened. Initially we had a deal with the Club agreed and Terms with the player agreed. Porto suddenly decided to move the goal posts at the eleventh hour and increased the price. So we met that new asking price and agreed a new fee of 42m Euros. Yet again as the deal was about to be concluded they pulled out and said the price was now 50m Euros. Checking Portuguese Media I found that this was something Porto had done before, so it was not a surprise to the media. I also discovered that many African players have multi-owners and this also complicates such deals; in this case a Sports Company who had part ownership pulled the deal and asked for more money. They deny this however. NOT OUR FAULT!

Sissoko: This is very disturbing one for me because it seems clear that he and his Agent used Everton to secure a deal to Spurs. We had everything agreed with Newcastle and the player, even had a Private Jet on the runway waiting for him to bring him in for a medical. He didn’t show up and Koeman couldn’t get hold of him on the phone because he had turned it off. If people knew a little more about how Agents (the money men) work then these types of shenanigans will come as no surprise. Personally, I believe Sissoko’s attitude throughout this has shown that we have dodged a bullet and he is not the type of player with the right attitude for our great Club. His reason, he wanted European football. NOT OUR FAULT!

Does knowing all this make me less disappointed? NO, it doesn’t. But, it does allow me to apportion the blame squarely where it needs to be; with Martinez for destroying our reputation. If Kenwright had sacked him at Christmas last season instead of allowing him to make the situation worse we may have been able to salvage something from the season and therefore have been in a better position today to attract the kind of talent we required and wanted.

So I say to all the people fuming and blaming the Board and whoever else at the Club, please reflect somewhat and recognise the type of players we have been targeting, the likes of which we would never have targeted before. We showed our ambition but have sadly been let down by past failures. We will recover from this and learn valuable lessons. What we need to do now is pull together and ensure that we are in a good position fighting for Europe come January and then we may be able to strengthen the squad with the quality players we need and deserve!

Finally, Enner Valencia: When he signed for West Ham in 2014 he took the PL by storm. He was fast and scored some great goals and was entertaining and was an exciting player. Until he was badly injured that is. So let us give this lad a chance because he may prove to be an astute signing! He cannot be any worse than Kone or Niasse can he?

That’s it, my thoughts….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back