Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no harm in adding another quality CB and if we have a chance to improve a position cost effectively (eg buy Gabriel, sell Mina) whilst keeping a promising youngster involved in the squad then we should obviously take it. Well run clubs are always looking for incremental improvements. However, I think everyone inside and around the club all know we will not see any substantial progress unless and until we fix central midfield. We should go all out for two CM we like, then think about what else we can achieve IMO.

RLC seems to have stalled in his career somewhat.
Chelsea being prepared to let him leave should raise warning flags.
I mean, he was out injured almost a full year and only really came back after the restart. Of course he has stalled. And Chelsea sell top players all the time. A loan would be great imo.

Agreed, I keep pointing out that Branthwaite will probably play most of his football with the under 23s next year.
But, at present we do have three centre halves, we have Gibson who has done well at Fleetwood and Branthwaite if needed. If Gbamin ever gets fit he is nearly regarded as a better centre half than midfield player.
I am not convinced we will be spending 30m odd on any centre half.

I can see Branthwaite out on loan in the championship, hopefully he can keep progressing like Holgate did, and not fall into the black hole like the majority of our hyped up young defenders.

Looking around the premier league i see Lundstrum and McCarthy putting big shifts in this year for their clubs in the PL this season.

Everton that.
Personally I've always felt McCarthy's problems were entirely injuries. And I guess that while he was hurt we brought in a better version of him in Gueye. But he was always an alright player.

I bet Gylfi wont. Just my opinion mind.

...I think he already has slipped down the pecking order. He’s had a bit of bench time and been brought off plenty. I can only see him regularly starting if Ancelotti employs a no10, but even that is dependent on who comes in and what he sees as Gordon’s best position.

I can’t see him starting many games as a conventional CM or wide player.

Personally I've always felt McCarthy's problems were entirely injuries. And I guess that while he was hurt we brought in a better version of him in Gueye. But he was always an alright player.

I think we contributed to his injuries mate, but he was a very good player we could do with at the moment, he was a key midfielder the last time we qualified for Europe. Its good to see him play half the season at Palace after cracking the team just before Christmas, hopefully that is the worst of his injuries behind him.

...I think he already has slipped down the pecking order. He’s had a bit of bench time and been brought off plenty. I can only see him regularly starting if Ancelotti employs a no10, but even that is dependent on who comes in and what he sees as Gordon’s best position.

I can’t see him starting many games as a conventional CM or wide player.

I dont see us persevering with 442 in my opinion mate. I think his benching was more to do with rotation given the schedule, he was captain last night and Carlo has only said really positive things about him on more then one occasion.

All remains to be see of course.

Seen Bouanga at St Etienne linked again. 25 year old left winger who scores goals. No idea if he is any good, but his last 4 seasons he has scored 10, 7, 9, and 16 in league matches (2 seasons in Ligue 1 and 2 seasons in Ligue 2).

Fee mentioned is always around ~13 million.

Could be worth a shot as we need someone else to score. I know the right side seems a more pressing concern, but does anyone really want another season of Bernard/Iwobi on the left? I like Gordon, but am not really ready to have us rely on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back