Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully we have a go then ... should be available what you reckon 3-5 million mark
be rumours about him to us for donkeys now.
doesn't really get much game time for wigan for whatever reason.

Gelhardt has credited his own hard work for bouncing back from those snubs and continuing to develop at Wigan, adding that it’s great to play for the Latics, and his bond with the fans is part of why he’s chosen to stay at the DW Stadium.

“I’ve had eight years here, but before I joined the club, I was rejected three or four times by local teams like Liverpool and Everton,” said Gelhardt. “The experience I’ve had at Wigan on the way up the age groups has been really good, but I’ve had to work very hard for it.”

“It’s a great privilege to play for this club. I enjoy coming into work every day, it’s a great environment. I love working with all of the staff and the senior players have always been very welcoming. The fans have given me a big boost with their messages of support. I just like being here, which is why I’ve extended my contract,” he added.

Could have had him for nowt.

I think that Gibson and Branthwaite may have changed our minds about needing to sign a centrehalf… or at least spending a lot of money on a signing.

Both young players and both have shown they can cope very well in Adult football albeit at different levels.
As well as Branthwaite has done I think he will still be regarded as a novice with a lot to learn.
Gibson has had half a season in a tough league and will probably be much more ready to play on a regular basis.

I would not be surprised now if we were to bring in an older more experienced centre half for little money to act as cover with Holgate, Keane and Mina probably the first three to be picked.

We are in a healthier position now than we thought we were a few weeks ago.

I think it also shows that even though we all talk about throwing young players into the team, the manager can see who is ready and when.
Branthwaite at 18 has been trusted whereas Baningme who is much older has not even been brought on for one minute... which is a pity.

I hope our minds haven't been changed by branthwaite playing one game. We need to have youngsters like that for backup but we need 4 first choices really. Look at our options now with just two injuries, keane and branthwaite with nobody on the bench. Imagine if we had those options for a few months in a season? He's young so he's not going to play every game as well as yesterday.

On the plus side, if Joyce and others are to be believed, we seem to have tabled a bid for a position of need. Perhaps we won't leave our business to the end of the window. Hopefully Carlos has explained that working the new players into the team before the campaign begins translates to better performance.

am not claiming ITK or anything but my mate who's very close to the wigan camp ( not gonna disclose capacity ) mentioned we have made initial enquires for joe gelhardt - i dunno if thats unsworth maybe wanting him for the under 23s

could imagine him to do for a reasonable price - met the kid in person hes built like a tank very rooney esque in build

I work with a relative of Joe’s, the whole family are massive blues and you are correct we have enquired and Joe is very keen.

Never forget the legendary Zaha bidding war which genuinely made him put in a transfer request to force a move.

Only later did we find out just 1 bid was made and the rest was media nonsense.

Last edited:
Gelhardt has credited his own hard work for bouncing back from those snubs and continuing to develop at Wigan, adding that it’s great to play for the Latics, and his bond with the fans is part of why he’s chosen to stay at the DW Stadium.

“I’ve had eight years here, but before I joined the club, I was rejected three or four times by local teams like Liverpool and Everton,” said Gelhardt. “The experience I’ve had at Wigan on the way up the age groups has been really good, but I’ve had to work very hard for it.”

“It’s a great privilege to play for this club. I enjoy coming into work every day, it’s a great environment. I love working with all of the staff and the senior players have always been very welcoming. The fans have given me a big boost with their messages of support. I just like being here, which is why I’ve extended my contract,” he added.

Could have had him for nowt.
Baines MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back