Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind taking players from relegated teams but other than Grealish i don't see many quality players worth pinching (and Grealish has that media-darling added tax which will make him seriously overpriced)

a) I think Jovic would thrive here.

b) if Southampton really want 20m or more for that Danish lad who's name I won't be attempting to spell, walk the ever loving hell away. Even if he had 3 years on his deal I don't think he's really worth more than 20m ffs..

Richarlison cost£50m so I don’t think there will be 3 or 4 of them. If we could find 3 or 4 players as good as Richarlison we’ll be winning the Champions League.
I agree with the idea of more talented youth for backup squad positions and I think we’ll promote some U23’s this year.
As for the main purchases, I think there may be some surprises.

Richarlison was £33/35mil rising to £50mil.

5 year contracts thats about £7mil a year at £35mil total.

3 or 4 of those types would be immense.

The more I hear Carlo speak the more I think there will be money to spend.

Sarr ticks all the boxes for RW - even if Watford stay up their bad league position + the Covid pandemic and tv money payback will leave them alot worse off financially this season imo.

I think if anyone offers near £40 million for Sarr they'll snatch at it.

Id offer the same deal as with Richarlison.

I think that Gibson and Branthwaite may have changed our minds about needing to sign a centrehalf… or at least spending a lot of money on a signing.

Both young players and both have shown they can cope very well in Adult football albeit at different levels.
As well as Branthwaite has done I think he will still be regarded as a novice with a lot to learn.
Gibson has had half a season in a tough league and will probably be much more ready to play on a regular basis.

I would not be surprised now if we were to bring in an older more experienced centre half for little money to act as cover with Holgate, Keane and Mina probably the first three to be picked.

We are in a healthier position now than we thought we were a few weeks ago.

I think it also shows that even though we all talk about throwing young players into the team, the manager can see who is ready and when.
Branthwaite at 18 has been trusted whereas Baningme who is much older has not even been brought on for one minute... which is a pity.

We would be absolute fools to not sign Gabriel if we have the opportunity. Keane and Mina are nowhere near the level we should be aspiring to.

Keane is on his usual little good run of form in a deep defence...funnily enough with no crowd to damage his brittle confidence.

Mina is injury prone.

We should keep Holgate + Branthwaite and add Gabriel + 1 right sided rotation option for Holgates position.

Gibson will likely be on loan again next season.

I dont understand how having a player do well on a short league 1 loan and an 18 year old doing brilliantly negate the need for at least a starting left sided centre back.

Brands should offer them £19mil now and tell them if its not accepted then the offer drops £500k bi-weekly while we move on.

Jovic rumours flying around Twitter.

Any link?

I would love for us to get Soumare in. Only 21, good skill, very strong, can pass well and combative and wins the ball well - he puts in high intensity performances. He's a cut above Holjberg for sure. We need players that have more than one asset.

Plenty of players who seem to be superior quality and potential for just £5-10mil more.

Over £20mil and the deal makes no sense.

I missed the rumors about the Romania guy. I've got to say I'd be interested at the prices being touted. Can't really be a bad move unless we go Sandro mode and put him on 120k a week. A sensible contract and it makes a lot of sense.

That said I'm trying to figure out where he fits for us. What I'm seeing from the youtube clips and the couple of articles is that he has played mostly central but he doesn't look like a central midfielder for a 4-4-2 obviously. I don't love the idea of signing a guy and immediately making him do something different. But when I watch the clips I do see a player, assuming he isn't a liability defensively, that could work pretty well box to box in a 4-3-3 or as a #10 if we go that route.

All that is speculation based on not much though, so who really knows, but I do like this just as an idea of how we can try to find talent that the big clubs miss.
I would like to think it’s indicative of move away from an increasingly antiquated 442 formation or at least to a less rigid and more pragmatic application of it.

Sure you could get a decent breaker upper for less than 20m. Its hardly a unique attribute despite what our current squad says.

I see a lot of people mention Sarr? has he actually done anything apart from score v them lot? I think they signed him for a lot of money about £40m wasn't it?
Cant see this happening unless we throw ridiculous money at it for a very unproven player
I think they paid 30. And who knows, maybe e he has a relegation clause
I read he’s only played 20 games this season and has 5 goals 3 assists, which isn’t bad first season in the prem at 21 playing for a bottom team

Richarlison only got 5 goals for them.

Sarr was highly rated as a youngster, I wouid take him, I think he would be great for us.

look at Lozano cost Napoli 40mil he’s 25, playing for one of the top clubs in Italy and has 4 goals in 23. And I’ve seen loads of Everton fans saying let’s go and buy him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back