Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The statistics are on my side- he's been at the club since 2017 and has only scored a good amount of goals in 3 months.

Anyone using 3 months out of 3 years as some evidence that he's improved either is being very hopeful, disingenuous or doesnt understand statistics.

I could bang 3 girls in a month doesnt mean im a top shagger if im 45 and was a virgin up until that point.
Mate your analogies are absolutely terrible lol

No, 3 shags in a month doesn't make you a 'top shagger' but if you were a virgin before then you've obviously improved?! we're not calling DCL a 'top striker' here - we're saying he's improving and will likely continue to improve given he's still young.

What metric then, in your universe, counts as 'improvement' for a striker? the stats aren't on your bloody side at all when we're talking about a guy who only turned 23 this year and he's scoring more than ever...

Give it a rest lol

....I doubt that will matter, except it will lose the player his 10% cut. He’s got 12 months left on his contract, Southampton are as keen to cash-in as he is to go, they’re just hoping there’s a bidding war for him (unlikely with Brands/Levy).

Would start at £35m and end by the Southampton board throwing in a rolex after agreeing a zero fee. :D

The statistics are on my side- he's been at the club since 2017 and has only scored a good amount of goals in 3 months.

Anyone using 3 months out of 3 years as some evidence that he's improved either is being very hopeful, disingenuous or doesnt understand statistics.

I could bang 3 girls in a month doesnt mean im a top shagger if im 45 and was a virgin up until that point.

In fairness, the whole team have played poorly since the restart (with yesterday aside) - he's been feeding on scraps and has shown consistent improvement year-on-year in every single facet of his game.

Regardless of whether he scores or not, his ability to occupy two centre halfs, to bring the ball down with his chest, to hold the ball up or spin and run in behind means he makes a significant contribution in games and has become a focal point in the way we play.

Does he miss some easy chances? Yes. Does he lack the instinctive movement of an Henry or Aguero? Again, yes.
But he's now added goals to his already well-rounded game in a team which creates very little, with zero runners and generally horrendous ball progression.

Whilst there are a host of players who don't deserve to be here next season, you're picking on one of the few who's shown a marked improvement..

In fairness, the whole team have played poorly since the restart (with yesterday aside) - he's been feeding on scraps and has shown consistent improvement year-on-year in every single facet of his game.

Regardless of whether he scores or not, his ability to occupy two centre halfs, to bring the ball down with his chest, to hold the ball up or spin and run in behind means he makes a significant contribution in games and has become a focal point in the way we play.

Does he miss some easy chances? Yes. Does he lack the instinctive movement of an Henry or Aguero? Again, yes.
But he's now added goals to his already well-rounded game in a team which creates very little, with zero runners and generally horrendous ball progression.

Whilst there are a host of players who don't deserve to be here next season, you're picking on one of the few who's shown a marked improvement..
Spot on.

I haven't a problem with DCL as a squad player - he'll likely get you 7-8 goals a season and chip in/stretch the opposition from the bench.

The problem I have is with him being given the starting 11 spot at the same time we appoint a world class manager, plan to move to a top class stadia and have ambitions long term of Champions League football.

He just isnt good enough unless your ambition is to see us scrap with Burnley and Saints for 10th spot every season.

You really should have ended this post with your username lol

A right sided forward is another key position this summer. I like Walcott and want to keep him, but he's much better as a squad option and coming off the bench. We need someone who offers much more of a goal threat. Theo has top end pace which is clearly useful and a good work ethic, but he's a 5 goal a season man at best.

In your opinion.

I call it a purple patch - funny how this improvement has disappeared over the last 9 games he's gone without a goal...

0 Goals
8 Goals
3 Goals
3 Goals

There are Danny Ings first four seasons in his career (to be fair he only played one game in his first season).

Then he went mad and scored 26 in 45 in his 5th season. Bare in mind this was all at Championship level.

Then when Burnley got promoted he scored 11 goals in his first top flight season.

Same age range when all this happened. Up until this season it would be fair to say that Ings had a purple patch when Burnley got promoted and has done nothing before or after that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back